• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Sorry man, Take care of your family. That's the nice thing about project cars, they'll wait for you to come back. Tell your wife her brother and all of you are in our prayers.

Sorry man, Take care of your family. That's the nice thing about project cars, they'll wait for you to come back. Tell your wife her brother and all of you are in our prayers.
That is probably the best thing about this forum "PRAYERS" , where do you find people these days that overwhelmingly offers they're prayer like you guys here do. In a world that seams to be constantly shunning Christianity it's a blessing to see the people here constantly offering support threw prayer "you guys rock". And I already have told her 61, Thanks P.S I've had this car 10 yrs "what's another month right"

We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Our family has had its share of losing loved ones too. Believe me, we all understand what your wife is going through. Nothing can really prepare you for that.

Like you stated, the car can wait a little while longer. Right now it is much more important to be there for your wife. Always take care of your family first. Everything else will fall back into place after that is done.

I keep forgetting to ask if anybody has a set of rear quarter window bolts (2)? I'm talking about the bolts & plastic washers that bolt the Quarter window into the frame. Thanks

I would love to tell you guys about all of the progress but truth be told I started a fire in the shop tonight and failed to make it more than 3' from it all night "freakin cold outside". I had 4 degrees and the warmth never seamed to make it more than a couple feet from the fire "I am so over this freezing weather". I did finally break down and send my vent window frames out for re chrome after being givin a fair price over the phone only to receive an Email quoting a ridiculous price after already shipping them.:angryfire: I guess I'll wait to hear from them after receiving them, if they choose to put it to me I'll have to eat the shipping and get them powder coated. My first attempt with painting them went sower, they looked great but scuffed really easily and scuffing them for clear resulted in a cast look "not good". On a good note my brother in law and I had some good quality BS time tonight haha.

My friend, you may need to be careful what you wish for. You mentioned a while back about being sick of of muddy, wet, sloppy winters year after year. Well, no muddy, sloppiness going on this year......Now it's all just frozen solid..lol Guess your wish was answered in extremes.

Sorry to hear about the shady stuff going on with the window vent frames. I'd be pretty torqued too. Hopefully they make it right for you.

Sorry for your loss 747 and know that I will be praying for your family

On the re chrome ordeal, I've been wondering if anyone here has tried the painting route that Jay Leno has a video on. Since no one has mentioned it, I suspect that no one here has heard of it so I'll post a link to the video and maybe someone has some experience with the process or results and can add their words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-1cTpSZ1l8

My friend, you may need to be careful what you wish for. You mentioned a while back about being sick of of muddy, wet, sloppy winters year after year. Well, no muddy, sloppiness going on this year......Now it's all just frozen solid..lol Guess your wish was answered in extremes.

Sorry to hear about the shady stuff going on with the window vent frames. I'd be pretty torqued too. Hopefully they make it right for you.

LMAO Guess I had that one coming :eusa_silenced:, I guess I never thought about 17 below zero days and weeks of single and below zero weather "I will shut my mouth now".

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks 69 charger for the video, I already sent an Email checking into it since I have very little faith in the chrome shop now.

tumblr_mrk4jr9AD01qk442ao1_500.gif

Even though nothing got done here's another one of my favorites "one of the best oldies ever". [video=youtube_share;4P1x7Yy9CXI]http://youtu.be/4P1x7Yy9CXI[/video]

Love that song makes me think of younger days, also warmer ones lol!

Good news, talked to the chrome shop and they were a bit confused about the high ball Email quote and after seeing the parts dropped it to $400.00. I know it sounds like allot but compared to the other quotes it isn't bad (others were $500.00-$800.00). Made up my mind on the door panels as well (look for a drawing soon) but they will be pretty customized and one off while not getting to ridiculous with the work "gonna look sweet". Spent this afternoon getting back to the sanding and buffing only this time I don't plan on stopping until it's done(can't put it all together until it's buffed out):banghead:.

Cool on getting the prices straightened out. :thumbsup: Are they going to be one piece or two piece door panels?

Since you live south of me, it's not as cold, so get out there and get to work! :poke:Ha,ha

I really can't wait to see this one done cause I figure your Charger will be customized enough to pizz off the purists and get a lot of thumbs up from everyone else.

Cool on getting the prices straightened out. :thumbsup: Are they going to be one piece or two piece door panels?

Since you live south of me, it's not as cold, so get out there and get to work! :poke:Ha,ha

I really can't wait to see this one done cause I figure your Charger will be customized enough to pizz off the purists and get a lot of thumbs up from everyone else.

"Yeap" I'm hoping it will piss off allot of purist but for Tallhair's sake I'll emphasize "the purist who bash everything that is not pure, walk around with they're noses in the air while crunching VIN #'s and have no respect for others ideas" which most here are not. As for the panels I guess it depends on what you consider two piece, yes it will still use the padded upper panel (already wrapped in leather) along with the panel itself. Haha, we probably are a bit warmer than you, -9 this morning but at a whopping +30 right now "I think I'm going to take my shirt off, man does 30 feel good".

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the pics, the plan is for the center to be countersunk in with the back of the pocket being curly maple and trimmed from there out with stainless. I will ditch the panels I already made and start with 1/8 Luan using popular to create the contours leading into the pocket, first I'll bend up the pocket liners out of stainless seeing how it will be easier to shape the wood to match it then vise versa. The pocket liner will likely have a full back providing a place to secure it to the original door pull holes and giving something to fasten the wood to as well. I'm ditching all the fancy stitch work thinking just smooth leather would look better with this approach, he'll cover it into the pocket where the stainless will then cover it. I'll have to figure out how to cut matching splines in some homemade window cranks because of the needed depth because of the pocket (no power windows). I've got a cool idea for the door handle, I'm thinking since you will pull back while shutting the door that I can make it where you push the door pulls forward to open the doors. I've got plenty to keep me buisy for a while so it might be awhile before I get to it but I'm liking this idea.DSCN9022.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I should mention Goon, my brother in law and Kahn were partially responsible for my decision to go for a more contoured panel. Thanks guys "more work". In case your wondering what I'm talking about Goon "check out your previous links panels".

I should mention Goon, my brother in law and Kahn were partially responsible for my decision to go for a more contoured panel. Thanks guys "more work". In case your wondering what I'm talking about Goon "check out your previous links panels".

HEY . . . How'd I get blamed for this ? ! ? ! ? ( SMILE ) . . . LMAO . . .

That's going to keep you busy . . . but man do I like the way that it looks ! ! ! ( dang - that man's a artist too ! ! ! )

- - "Khan"-vertiible

Auto Transport Service
Back