• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

LMAO, to make matters worse when they decked my block they ground the original stampings off so me being a dummy I re-stamped mine HP456 haha (well it is).

- - - Updated - - -

WOW. I just started reading your thread. 2 hours later, I'm at page 35. Holy **** man are you doing some unbelievable work. It's probably been a while since you've been complimented on building mufflers, so, good job on the exhaust and mufflers! I stopped at page 35 and will continue tomorrow. This is like a good book, it's hard to put down. But my old eyes are tired and I better give them a break. GREAT job you've done on this car. Absolutely amazing dash and console. Nice job on the seat mods. I know I'm way behind on this, but that's OK. You need to be reminded of these things from the past! I guess I'll find out how you made out with your clear re-do in the morning. Hope you got the shop drain fixed :)
Thanks allot gdrill, I've been keeping my eye on your build as well (your doing a great job).

Good news, this time of year brings a few things, cold, mud, ice, snow and income taxes the later being the important one. The wife has OK'd ordering the wheels as soon as we get our return which should be within a week or two WooHooo "now which ones"??????? I got a quote today for $2,200 instead of the $2,500 but somehow I don't believe them "we'll see". So I guess within a month or so I should have everything "I think". In case your wondering it's looking like the US Mags, not 100% but probably. What really stinks right now is so many things are being held up by the vent windows, can't install rear seat until panels are in, can't put panels in until the vent windows are adjusted, can't adjust them until the door glass is in, can't put them in without vent windows:mad_6:. Good news is it will take me that long to get it all wet sanded and buffed at the rate I'm going, Ahhhhhhhh Spring is coming and I'm finally going to drive it after owning it for 10yrs (yeah, sometimes when we say we're going to fix it up someday we actually do).:clap:

Good news, this time of year brings a few things, cold, mud, ice, snow and income taxes the later being the important one. The wife has OK'd ordering the wheels as soon as we get our return which should be within a week or two WooHooo "now which ones"??????? I got a quote today for $2,200 instead of the $2,500 but somehow I don't believe them "we'll see". So I guess within a month or so I should have everything "I think". In case your wondering it's looking like the US Mags, not 100% but probably. What really stinks right now is so many things are being held up by the vent windows, can't install rear seat until panels are in, can't put panels in until the vent windows are adjusted, can't adjust them until the door glass is in, can't put them in without vent windows:mad_6:. Good news is it will take me that long to get it all wet sanded and buffed at the rate I'm going, Ahhhhhhhh Spring is coming and I'm finally going to drive it after owning it for 10yrs (yeah, sometimes when we say we're going to fix it up someday we actually do).:clap:

Words that make the heart beat quicker! lol, Im happy for you bud but i do not envy having to choose from so many coooollll wheels! I wish ya luck on it all and especially that first run out, and i do hope the next few weeks gets us out of the snow and single or below did-gets lol... 43 out there today, thought i was dreaming but of course all the snow and kind of windy it sure felt colder, but your right! Did you here the peepers?, nope just me rofl.

Deep breath brother you're in the home stretch!

For what it's worth those U.S. Mag Ramblers have been my favorite of all the one's you've posted right through (I'd love those for my car too!) So I think you'll be plenty happy with the choice.

As far as the $2200 quote goes try and get it in writing or them to confirm by email!

dont worry 747 your time will come before you know it, then get to enjoy years to come

Alrighty, time to end the wheel debate "I know your all relieved to hear that" I'm ordering the US Mags tomorrow. I've been trying to nail down the where part of the deal, I've decided on Wheelforless. I tried to get them locally but they were $600.00 more "ridiculous", in the end I called US Mag (MHT) and asked them about Wheelsforless "great guys to deal with, we do allot of business with them" was the answer. So, chrome is under way, wheels will be ordered, and upholstery is almost done, now if I can just get off my lazy butt and get something done I just might get to drive it come Spring or Summer.:headbang: After talking with Benno and doing allot of measuring and checking I've decided on 19X10s with 0 offset for the rears and 18X8s with 0 offset for the fronts. I need to find out what the thickness of the rear disc's are since I'll switch to rear disc someday but that's it.

Last edited:
Glad to hear the decision is made and IMO it's the right decision for both wheels and size... following your thread it's the same choice I would have made if I were you! Have you decided yet what rubber you're going to wrap those rims with?

That's COOL 747Mopar . . . I think the car is going to look great with them on it ! ! !

can't wait to see the results . . . ( so I can see how I like them )

Here's a few pics, roof is all buffed out, think I finally got my Coyote about done (need to lighten up the brown on him a bit), a few pics of tires I'm thinking about and another cool part for the car. I made the Coyote allot bigger to fill the area up a bit more (might back it down a notch) but I want to lighten the brown so there's more contrast against the Charcoal. As far as tires go I've always really liked Firestone Firehawks but there's a couple others I'm looking at, sizes will be 245/40/19 & 285/35/19. The oil dipstick is a gift from my good buddy Larry (Kahn), it wouldn't work for him and he remembered me bitching about the piece of junk one that I bought so here it is "this thing is badass". It's obviously for a 5.7 but looks like it will be pretty easy to convert for my 400 BB, this thing even has a lock like your air hose "sweet" and the colors match my motor perfect. It will have to wait for now, Spring is coming so it's all business for now but I will definitely get it in there. Thanks Bud DSCN9024.jpgDSCN9027.jpgDSCN9031.jpgproduct_photos-xlarge_image-8150-331x.jpgproduct_photos-xlarge_image-8863-331x.jpgproduct_photos-xlarge_image-8891-331x.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhhh...I been waiting on some wheel **** on that Charger of yours. Excited to see it.
I'm just relieved it's over with, time to throw away all of the quotes, pictures, and not look at wheels anymore "thank goodness". As for your ****, it looks like 4-6 weeks before I'll see them but man am I excited. With it finally behind me I can say I'm glad I didn't compromise on the size or style even if I will be sick for a couple days after spending that.

- - - Updated - - -

That's COOL 747Mopar . . . I think the car is going to look great with them on it ! ! !

can't wait to see the results . . . ( so I can see how I like them )

Does this mean your looking at them for yours? They are pretty sexy

Love the decal 747Mopar ! ! ! That is TOO COOL ! ! !

I really like the B F Goodrich G-force tires . . . that's probably what I'll be using on my car . . . someday ! ! !

Glad to help out - you donated your old I-beam to Speedy - and he did a great job and made it work ! ! ! That's what's so cool about this group - sharing ! !

( SMILE ) We're all just trying to get our cars done ! ! !

I'm looking forward to seeing them on the car and seeing the car

Are you going to the Nats this year?? Hoping to be there

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to hear the decision is made and IMO it's the right decision for both wheels and size... following your thread it's the same choice I would have made if I were you! Have you decided yet what rubber you're going to wrap those rims with?

Haha, I know you've been nudging me towards them all along "you happy now".:pottytrain2:

- - - Updated - - -

Love the decal 747Mopar ! ! ! That is TOO COOL ! ! !

I really like the B F Goodrich G-force tires . . . that's probably what I'll be using on my car . . . someday ! ! !

Glad to help out - you donated your old I-beam to Speedy - and he did a great job and made it work ! ! ! That's what's so cool about this group - sharing ! !

( SMILE ) We're all just trying to get our cars done ! ! !

Glad you like the decal, it's been a pain trying to deal with them being 45 minutes away and all of the misunderstandings but I think we're finally on to something. I really like the looks of them too (BF Goodrich) but the price is up there, I was surprised to find I can get all of my tires for around $200.00-$230.00 ea. Agreed, a good bunch of guys on here even if Speedy made me look like a chump "mans got skills" haha. Like you I just like to help.

Nope I'll be happy if you get them and don't like them and decide to sell them to me for half price! hahaha

As far as rubber goes I was narrowed between the Falken Azenis and the Nitto's ( I liked several Nitto's but went with the NT555) For the price they're a great performing and nice looking tire!

I like the way the decal looks as it is too... The size of the coyote is fine and I think the brown looks good in that tone too but maybe you could have an image printed lighter for comparison if you want opinions.

Awful nice of Larry to send you that dipstick it is very very cool!

Your artwork looks really cool on the stripe 747 and is a nice personal touch against a really pretty color. Looking forward to seeing your wheels and tires mounted up and contrasting against that orange

That looks really cool 747. I'm gonna have coyote graphic I'm mine also. But will be totally different. Love your design with the sign. Can't wait to see it with the wheels on it. I gotta lean towards bfg's. Maybe some drag radials if you hit the track at all. Lol...keep hitting it, almost there...

Well 747Mopar . . . all that I can say for myself is that I couldn't let you put your awesome car out there, with a "dippy" dip-stick now - could I ? ? ( SMILE ) LMAO . . .

Well 747Mopar . . . all that I can say for myself is that I couldn't let you put your awesome car out there, with a "dippy" dip-stick now - could I ? ? ( SMILE ) LMAO . . .

Hey! at least it was chrome, that's right "I don't like chrome".

Auto Transport Service
Back