• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Thats as cool as it gets bud with the decal!!! Cant wait to see your wheels/tires sitting under it!

Great looking decal Devin. A nice custom touch on an awesome car. I think the colors on the coyote look fine how they are.

Your car is turning out to be cool as heck. That decal just puts it over the top.

Your car is turning out to be cool as heck. That decal just puts it over the top.

There's the guy I've been waiting on, I remember you saying "don't tell me, I want to wait and see". Glad you like it

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys, you may be right about it being fine I just thought a touch lighter on the brown would make stand out better? I sure wish it would have been easier to do, originally they were supposed to just scan my drawing but it came out looking pretty crappy. In order to get it really crisp with nice coloring it meant paying them the computer time to basically re-draw the whole thing and then there was all of the tweaking here and there. A 45 minute drive made it really drag out seeing how I didn't want to drive up to often but I think I'm going to call it quits and get the decals now.

Good news and bad news, we'll start with the good. Not long ago I did all of my work on weekend nights so I wasn't away from the kids (help the wife out) and was always worn out and finally said to hell with it. Since then I've been spending my nights with the wife instead and the most amazing thing has happened "I'm getting more garage time without any of the grief at all". She's giving me a couple nights a week and I'm working on it in the mornings on the weekend when I'm fresh instead of worn out "sweet". I feel like I'm finally making headway on the wet sanding and buffing, one fender, one quarter, one door, roof, trunk, taillight panel and cowl are all done and looking like a sheet of glass (kinda). I'm super pumped now, finally starting to look the way I want but man is it allot of sanding (17ft of car). Now the bad news, because of my wives indometreosis (I know that's not spelled right) she is having a hysterectomy but that's not all oh no it is not. We met our max out of pocket last year with the other issue she had so now being a new year it all starts over :frustrated: but that's not even it. I got a paper from work stating that because of the worthless, no good for nothing piece of chit Obama's stick in your anus unaffordable care act "where was I"? Oh yeah, my rates, deductibles and out of pockets are all going up "thank you very much for your liberal disaster". WTF, back to being poor and the hospital wants us to start paying now (2 weeks before the surgery). This should be good for the wife, she's been miserable and it really helped her sister out (same exact situation). Poor girl can't get a break. Song of the week, this song never gets old

- - - Updated - - -
[video=youtube_share;07Y0cy-nvAg]http://youtu.be/07Y0cy-nvAg[/video]
Forgot to mention because of all of the crazies out there my daughter and I started taking Kung Fu and grappling. :boxers: Loving it

Thanks guys, you may be right about it being fine I just thought a touch lighter on the brown would make stand out better? I sure wish it would have been easier to do, originally they were supposed to just scan my drawing but it came out looking pretty crappy. In order to get it really crisp with nice coloring it meant paying them the computer time to basically re-draw the whole thing and then there was all of the tweaking here and there. A 45 minute drive made it really drag out seeing how I didn't want to drive up to often but I think I'm going to call it quits and get the decals now.

Hey 747Mopar . . . the decal looks incredible the way it is ! ! Can't wait to see the finished product on the car ! ! !

Best wishes to your wife and the results after her surgery - hope it helps out all the pain ( I know it can't help the healthcare pain . . . (ARGH) )

Glad to hear that you're getting some quality shop time - the car is going to look amazing ! ! ! ( SMILE )

hang in there 747, family first and best wishes to your wife and family. obama wont be in there to much longer an someone will have to modify or change it. its screwing the hard working class. the hotrod is almost there. keep up the good work. hope for a healthy an fast recovery.

Well I'm definitely happy for you about the first part about how the time thing worked out but sorry as hell to hear about your wife and the damn insurance. Positive sounds like she'll be better and in less pain after the surgery and is letting you get some practical car work time and bonus kudos on you for doing the Karate with your daughter !!

Good news and bad news, we'll start with the good. Not long ago I did all of my work on weekend nights so I wasn't away from the kids (help the wife out) and was always worn out and finally said to hell with it. Since then I've been spending my nights with the wife instead and the most amazing thing has happened "I'm getting more garage time without any of the grief at all". She's giving me a couple nights a week and I'm working on it in the mornings on the weekend when I'm fresh instead of worn out "sweet". I feel like I'm finally making headway on the wet sanding and buffing, one fender, one quarter, one door, roof, trunk, taillight panel and cowl are all done and looking like a sheet of glass (kinda). I'm super pumped now, finally starting to look the way I want but man is it allot of sanding (17ft of car). Now the bad news, because of my wives indometreosis (I know that's not spelled right) she is having a hysterectomy but that's not all oh no it is not. We met our max out of pocket last year with the other issue she had so now being a new year it all starts over :frustrated: but that's not even it. I got a paper from work stating that because of the worthless, no good for nothing piece of chit Obama's stick in your anus unaffordable care act "where was I"? Oh yeah, my rates, deductibles and out of pockets are all going up "thank you very much for your liberal disaster". WTF, back to being poor and the hospital wants us to start paying now (2 weeks before the surgery). This should be good for the wife, she's been miserable and it really helped her sister out (same exact situation). Poor girl can't get a break. Song of the week, this song never gets old

- - - Updated - - -
[video=youtube_share;07Y0cy-nvAg]http://youtu.be/07Y0cy-nvAg[/video]
Forgot to mention because of all of the crazies out there my daughter and I started taking Kung Fu and grappling. :boxers: Loving it

Hey bud, You and your wife hold on, You and your family are in our prayers here! Your good news sounds great, enjoy!!! Being in the old garage is good medicine and calming :)

Thanks guys, the surgery shouldn't be too big of a deal and "should" leave her in better shape. The big if is whether they can do it by robot or not, if not it means 6 weeks down time. Your right about the garage time Ron, amazing how that little bit of alone time working in the garage can take so much off you mind and shoulders "it's my second home".

- - - Updated - - -

Well I'm definitely happy for you about the first part about how the time thing worked out but sorry as hell to hear about your wife and the damn insurance. Positive sounds like she'll be better and in less pain after the surgery and is letting you get some practical car work time and bonus kudos on you for doing the Karate with your daughter !!

Kung Fu, Tallhair. Karate seams to be a little more for sport not defending or taking someone out. I've only been to a couple classes but it sure looks affective and isn't just one dimensional, they also do grappling where you learn pressure points and how to break stuff if need be.

- - - Updated - - -

hang in there 747, family first and best wishes to your wife and family. obama wont be in there to much longer an someone will have to modify or change it. its screwing the hard working class. the hotrod is almost there. keep up the good work. hope for a healthy an fast recovery.

I wouldn't bet on it, the way he's going he may just grant himself King threw executive order.

LOL it's all Karate to me haha .. still go on ya for doing it with your daughter. She'll be a force to be reckoned with I reckon

Gotta love ole Wile E.!

Attachments

• Va72507.jpg
    Va72507.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 269
I hope to have some cool pics by next week for you guys, I finally reluctantly sanded my hood back down to primer today to fix the issues I had with it (I think gas spit out of the carb on the base coat). I originally painted the flag on there before I was a member here so this time I'll do a step by step for anyone interested in painting stripes, graphics, etc. While I was at it I went over the bumpers to make sure they were ready as well, with any luck all painting will be done before the surgery. Then it will be alloooooooooooooot of time just chilling with the little ones which I'm sure will be loads of fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta love ole Wile E.!

Who's that in the pic? That Coyote would look pretty cool on my car too except it looks like he's blowing fire out of his a$$. It's kinda funny how that pic that's on my car was drawn so many years ago for a motorcross helmet just fitted the car so perfectly with Mopars being into the whole Wile E Coyote and Roadrunner thing.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL it's all Karate to me haha .. still go on ya for doing it with your daughter. She'll be a force to be reckoned with I reckon

That's the idea but I worry about my boy once he's old enough "ornery as hell".

It's not me, it's an internet friend of mine in Brazil. That jet went 420mph! Love your decal!

It's not me, it's an internet friend of mine in Brazil. That jet went 420mph! Love your decal!

420mph, now that's hauling. Thanks, I gave them the go-ahead today to go ahead and make the actual decals.

- - - Updated - - -

Got word today that my vent windows are getting de-chromed today and should be all nice and shiny again before the end of the week. This is great news because I can't install the rear seats until the rear panels are in and they can't go in until the rear quarter windows are adjusted which can't be done until the door glass is in which can't be done until I have my vent windows. Seeing how I'll be down for awhile after the wives surgery I made arrangements with the upholstery shop today so I could drop off the Charger for the headliner and trunk, I'll be building walls for the trunk that will be done like the interior (probably fake leather instead) and having the floor carpeted. Lots of work to do in 2 weeks

Last edited:
That tail stripe is too damn cool man! :icon_thumleft: and I'm with everyone else saying I can't wait to see the new rolling stock under the car, she's gonna look mean!

And very cool of kahn to help you out with the dipstick like you helped me with the I-beam (it was just a little spit and polish lol), I'm still waiting for the chance to pass the help on to someone else. Great group of friends we have here on the forum
:eek:ccasion14:
But just keep in mind with the dipstick what happened to my lokar one, and don't be afraid to take the sander to that bottom fitting if it's too tight of a fit into the block. You saw how much fun I had with mine when it broke off haha. Hope it goes ok though, it's pretty clean lookin!

And best wishes to your wife and family with her surgery coming up!

That tail stripe is too damn cool man! :icon_thumleft: and I'm with everyone else saying I can't wait to see the new rolling stock under the car, she's gonna look mean!

And very cool of kahn to help you out with the dipstick like you helped me with the I-beam (it was just a little spit and polish lol), I'm still waiting for the chance to pass the help on to someone else. Great group of friends we have here on the forum
:eek:ccasion14:
But just keep in mind with the dipstick what happened to my lokar one, and don't be afraid to take the sander to that bottom fitting if it's too tight of a fit into the block. You saw how much fun I had with mine when it broke off haha. Hope it goes ok though, it's pretty clean lookin!

And best wishes to your wife and family with her surgery coming up!

Thanks, it's always good to hear others like the outcome after all the work that goes into it "now if I can just do something cool with the scoop that everyone will like". I remember your dipstick troubles, I've already looked into it and the one Kahn sent me is a little bigger where it goes into the block so I'm just going to whip up an adapter on the lathe that will fit both the block and the dipstick. My plan once the dipstick is fitted is to put the perfect amount of oil in it, take the braided hose fittings apart and just trim the hose until it reads correctly and call it done. Thanks for the kind words

Thanks, it's always good to hear others like the outcome after all the work that goes into it "now if I can just do something cool with the scoop that everyone will like". I remember your dipstick troubles, I've already looked into it and the one Kahn sent me is a little bigger where it goes into the block so I'm just going to whip up an adapter on the lathe that will fit both the block and the dipstick. My plan once the dipstick is fitted is to put the perfect amount of oil in it, take the braided hose fittings apart and just trim the hose until it reads correctly and call it done. Thanks for the kind words
No problem, everything is looking outstanding as always :icon_thumleft: Oh yeah I almost forgot about the hood scoop, have you given it any more thought since those sketches we all did?
And is that fitting a completely different size bigger then? If it's off by just a hair I would just give it a quick roll on the belt sander to save some time, but if it's off by a lot I'm sure the adapter idea will work great

- - - Updated - - -

And nice choice for the Beastie Boys weekly tune, I remember me and my buddy blasting that song when we were leaving town to drive the 34 hours to pick up Frankenstein haha good times!

Auto Transport Service
Back