• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Bummer X2 747Mopar . . . I hate when that happens . . .

Got my fingers crossed that you'll get 'er done the next time . . . can't wait to see it ! ! ! No, not the Torque Thrusts ! ! ! ( smile )

Here's the bumpers all done, I went ahead and spayed the insides with beadliner since you can't get in there to clean them. DSCN9056.jpgDSCN9057.jpgDSCN9058.jpgDSCN9059.jpg

Here's the hood masked for the base (Galaxy Grey) and then painted. Second pic down is from last week, see the line just 3-4" in from the edge. I sanded it down and it didn't come back tonight. It went pretty well tonight except there was some tape marks left and it appears the chemicals are getting threw the masking paper (check out the last pic). Fortunately every time I got a good coat I topped it with a base clear so I can come back and wet sand before I clear coat it, it makes it nice.DSCN9054.jpgDSCN9055.jpg.

Attachments

• DSCN9060.jpg
    DSCN9060.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 316
  • DSCN9061.jpg
    DSCN9061.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 316
  • DSCN9062.jpg
    DSCN9062.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 340
  • DSCN9063.jpg
    DSCN9063.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 333
  • DSCN9072.jpg
    DSCN9072.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 322
  • DSCN9078.jpg
    DSCN9078.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 302
  • DSCN9079.jpg
    DSCN9079.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 328
  • DSCN9080.jpg
    DSCN9080.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCN9069.jpg
    DSCN9069.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 340
Thanks but the issue with it coming threw the paper has me a bit PO'd. If you look at the last pic, all of the orange had that matte look like it still has were the tape was but after pulling the paper you can clearly see were it has gotten it there and messed with the finish. Seeing how the next step was clear I had to bail (it would have showed up badly). If it doesn't sand out of the clear base I'll just mask the flag off with something different than that damn paper and shoot another coat of orange. Would have gotten more done but I took on more side work, a Nissan Xtera. What a pain in the a$$, it needed a radiator and valve cover gaskets which meant pulling the intake and it's fifty million hoses, wires, pipes, and whatever else was on it.:angryfire: I got it done, more money for the Charger.

Looking GOOD 747Mopar . . . I can see what you mean . . . very odd ? ? ? I've known body work people that used that tape/paper for year . . . wonder what caused it . . .

I know you'll come up with a plan to get it all squared away and looking fantastic ! ! ! Almost there ! ! !

As always really cool custom work! The tape setback really sucks as it seems all these bumps along the road must be having their toll (SOMETHING JUST GO RIGHT DAMMIT!!) but bare down and keep finessing your way through and you'll be on the road this spring

Man that sucks about the paper. I hope to are able to fix that General Grant hood. haha! The bumpers came out great though. Keep up the good work my friend, looks like you're getting to the home stretch.

Got you guys some better pics since there was still a little haze floating around in the others, the goofy spots are all wet sanded out and looking good to go with the exception of one minor issue from pulling the masking off of a star which will be touched up no problem. I'm super excited about how clean the stars came out and that my custom mixed paint actually looks pretty good (they didn't have the shades I wanted so I bought silver and black to tint the Galaxy grey). DSCN9091.jpgDSCN9088.jpgDSCN9087.jpgDSCN9081.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

After some measuring it appears all I have to do to use the dipstick my pal sent is turn the end down about .020 on the lathe, put a thinner O-ring on it and change the hose length accordingly to get the oil level right "piece of cake right".DSCN9034.jpgDSCN9035.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

As always really cool custom work! The tape setback really sucks as it seems all these bumps along the road must be having their toll (SOMETHING JUST GO RIGHT DAMMIT!!) but bare down and keep finessing your way through and you'll be on the road this spring
Yeah you could say they are taking their toll but (dammit I want my freakin Charger done!!) so I guess I'll just have to keep pressing on right. It's definitely been a rough ride lately but hey this is the car I've always wanted so it's worth it. Thanks Hydrgoon

- - - Updated - - -

Looking GOOD 747Mopar . . . I can see what you mean . . . very odd ? ? ? I've known body work people that used that tape/paper for year . . . wonder what caused it . . .

I know you'll come up with a plan to get it all squared away and looking fantastic ! ! ! Almost there ! ! !

I'm pretty sure it's this potent House of Kolors reducer soaking threw that's causing the issues (it even started to shrink the star masking!). Yeap the paint side of it is almost done, just a few more touch up's and finish the buffing.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn everything looks awesome man! The hood looks like a ton of work but it came out bad@ss!!

If everything went perfect it would be about a 3 hr job but it never does, glad you like it.

OK, you just raised the level of awesomeness of your car with that hood.

Got you guys some better pics since there was still a little haze floating around in the others, the goofy spots are all wet sanded out and looking good to go with the exception of one minor issue from pulling the masking off of a star which will be touched up no problem. I'm super excited about how clean the stars came out and that my custom mixed paint actually looks pretty good (they didn't have the shades I wanted so I bought silver and black to tint the Galaxy grey). View attachment 175730View attachment 175729View attachment 175731View attachment 175732

- - - Updated - - -

After some measuring it appears all I have to do to use the dipstick my pal sent is turn the end down about .020 on the lathe, put a thinner O-ring on it and change the hose length accordingly to get the oil level right "piece of cake right".View attachment 175735View attachment 175736

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah you could say they are taking their toll but (dammit I want my freakin Charger done!!) so I guess I'll just have to keep pressing on right. It's definitely been a rough ride lately but hey this is the car I've always wanted so it's worth it. Thanks Hydrgoon

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure it's this potent House of Kolors reducer soaking threw that's causing the issues (it even started to shrink the star masking!). Yeap the paint side of it is almost done, just a few more touch up's and finish the buffing.

- - - Updated - - -

If everything went perfect it would be about a 3 hr job but it never does, glad you like it.

AWESOME, Truly bud, that hood is going to bring some well deserved attention with the color of your car, very cool job!!!

Wow, that hood really looks good. I hope you can fix the tape bleed through without to much hassle. That kind of looks like something that would happen to me lol. Your car is really going to stand out in the crowd :headbang:.

Good news fellas, I've spent the whole day in the hospital with the wife (hysterectomy) and it's all good. They were able to do it robotically so it's just 2 weeks down time and she's doing great (tuff girl). Hurray, now maybe she can have some piece for once. Thanks for all the prayers guys

Good news fellas, I've spent the whole day in the hospital with the wife (hysterectomy) and it's all good. They were able to do it robotically so it's just 2 weeks down time and she's doing great (tuff girl). Hurray, now maybe she can have some piece for once. Thanks for all the prayers guys

thats great news 747, take care of her during that time. get well an speedy recovery.

Auto Transport Service
Back