• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Wow, thanks guys. Always encouraging to have you guys like the way it's headed so I appreciate it. I've got one more side job (favor) to get out of the way before I get back after it, a buddy of mine needs a scoop put on his drag car and then painted so hopefully one night should get it done. Still waiting on my chrome vent frames :angryfire: they are really holding up allot of the assembly.

- - - Updated - - -

Your headed to the top of the mountain man, You'll get there and this winter coming (i feel like im swearing!) you'll be bored!!! :)

Me bored??????????? Never. I've got a Dodge pickup waiting for a restoration for my dad, I'm planning on building a side by side with a 600 Ninja motor, there's the 75 Torino to do, I'm going to buy a totaled Mega Cab Diesel to replace the Dakota and then there's the kids so there's never a dull moment.

Not much to report, been doing all of the wifely things around here and started on re-siding the front of the house to boot but 1 thing worth reporting. I went to the garage for a few today and since my brother was stirring up a bunch of dust I took my hood outside for some wet sanding and buffing (first time this paint has been in the sun), all I can say is WOW. The charcoal colors have allot of pop in the sun with tons of flake and the orange is blinding. Better yet once outside I can't find the imperfections even though I know exactly were they are :headbang:. Sorry there appears to be trees in the hood haha................just what I needed, a little more motivation. I'm pumped up now:love10:. DSCN9104.jpgDSCN9105.jpgDSCN9106.jpgDSCN9107.jpgDSCN9103.jpg

After today I'm thinking I'm going to fire it up tomorrow, go for a short little ride, give it a bath and maybe even light up the tires a bit haha. With the nice weather around the corner I really need to get moving on it.....................where's my vent frames and wheels????????

Dang 747Mopar . . . how'd you manage to get trees growing on your hood ? ? Yes, I can see them clear as day . . . that's incredible ! ! !

Nice job on the polishing . . . WOW ! ! !

wow, thats beautiful. i had enough i gots to see this car complete. its gonna be awesome.

That hood is awesome looking. I haven't seen the thread in a while, so I'll have to go back and see the progress.

Most #4 cam bearings these days are full groove. You must have an old set. Run it. It will be fine.

Most #4 cam bearings these days are full groove. You must have an old set. Run it. It will be fine.

Hmmmm............ Musta missed something.

- - - Updated - - -

Dang 747Mopar . . . how'd you manage to get trees growing on your hood ? ? Yes, I can see them clear as day . . . that's incredible ! ! !

This House of Kolors clear is crazy stuff, I had a small run on the very front of the hood while painting it but once I got ready to sand it I couldn't find it. It cures really slow and just self levels to a degree, the run ran right off the bottom leaving a smooth surface. As far as the trees go, just a seed and a little miracle grow is all that is required. Those pics are after buffing with Turbo Cut which is the coarsest (the first step) so it should only get better.

- - - Updated - - -

We need some vid of that!

No luck, I forgot the wife had a Dr visit and didn't get home until late (all is good) so there was no time. I'm not going to do a video until the car is done because it looks terrible with the white spoke truck wheels on it and only half of it buffed and the other half dull.

You have to love a well worked painting! Id love to see that in person i can only imagine how much better still it looks!!

Those colors look gorgeous in the sun man, I can only imagine how awesome the entire car will look when the sun hits it! Let's see some tire smoke!

Wow I haven't been here in a while. Glad to hear good news about the wifey. Life should be a little more relaxed now. And holy crap! Your hood is outstanding. You have pretty cool vision and talent. Most of us can imagine a picture of what we want but not everyone can bring it to life. Nice work man. Looks awesome.:headbang:

You picked a poor motivator Hydro haha, I saw that car in person and didn't like it to much. Don't get me wrong it was a perfect paint job and all just don't like the Cuda scoops all over the place and really, really, dislike the huge aluminum spoiler. Your RR would do just fine for motivation Hydro. Sorry, just no time or money so nothing to report. The wife's other problems are coming back so this will likely mean more meaningless test that accomplish nothing except burry you in debt. Progress will likely come to a halt again. Sorry, wasn't planning on sharing but since some of you may wonder where I'm at "now you know". I will continue to do what I can with what I already have which honestly should keep me buisy for a while but buying tires is now not looking so good.

Dev, Take care of the home problems and enjoy what time you can have in the shop, never loose the faith buddy, good and better times are coming!

You picked a poor motivator Hydro haha, I saw that car in person and didn't like it to much. Don't get me wrong it was a perfect paint job and all just don't like the Cuda scoops all over the place and really, really, dislike the huge aluminum spoiler. Your RR would do just fine for motivation Hydro. Sorry, just no time or money so nothing to report. The wife's other problems are coming back so this will likely mean more meaningless test that accomplish nothing except burry you in debt. Progress will likely come to a halt again. Sorry, wasn't planning on sharing but since some of you may wonder where I'm at "now you know". I will continue to do what I can with what I already have which honestly should keep me busy for a while but buying tires is now not looking so good.

I didn't even see the trunk spoiler until you pointed it out and although I don't mind a small chin spoiler I find that one a little "in-your-face" too! No offense taken of course and your build is also more my taste than this thing. Sorry to hear about your wife's health and really hope you guys can get past that and keep it in the rearview once and for all!

Auto Transport Service
Back