• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Some good news, first after bothering the chrome shop every week it sounds like they are going to finish my vent frames this week "YEAH". Then I check my Emails and find a message from Wheelsforless saying that my wheels shipped "KICK ***". I really need to get to work now, progress is on it's way................now if only I could just afford to put tires on them haha.

Last edited:
Almost forgot to mention I took it out for a short drive yesterday, very nice feeling. Still have a rich idle to figure out but it runs and idles great. Kinda stumpted on the rich idle, can't get it leaned out with the screws because at a certain point it just stalls. I'm leaning towards my crappy MSD wires that just fall off every once in a while, next time I run it I'm going to pull the plugs and look for a wet one. Then it will be another round of float adjustments, timing, blah, blah, blah. These wires suck, I bought them because you can bend the straight boot to the angle you want but the terminal likes to slide back in the boot when putting them on leading to them falling off :angryfire:. I also checked the vacuum while I was at it and it's a whopping 15 so I should be good there, any other suggestions? The last issue is the tranny (seams to shift really late), being new to Mopars I'll have to read up on the cable (Lokar) adjustment but it is set as they recommend (pull cable to maximum length while holding throttle wide open and tighten down).

on the trans you need to lengthen the cable,that will make it shift sooner.

Sucks to hear about the wires, thats gotta be ticking you off a bit. If they end up pushing you to the point of insanity, I'd really recommend the Firecore50 wires. I don't know the lokar stuff to well, but couldn't you add a little push to the kickdown cable right off idle? Maybe see if that helps a little? As far as your carb goes, can't remember, but is that a holley you're running? I do have an awesome carb tuning guide from Don over at 4 seconds flat, that's based off the Demon set up, if you have a Demon. I suppose they're real similar to a Holley as well. I could email it to you if you want (it's about 45 pages long). On a good note, great to hear you're taking her for a spin, as well as the chrome & wheels.

on the trans you need to lengthen the cable,that will make it shift sooner.

Thanks Charlie, I'll try that this weekend. On this particular setup it should just be a matter of loosening a set screw and sliding the cable end out.

- - - Updated - - -

Sucks to hear about the wires, thats gotta be ticking you off a bit. If they end up pushing you to the point of insanity, I'd really recommend the Firecore50 wires. I don't know the lokar stuff to well, but couldn't you add a little push to the kickdown cable right off idle? Maybe see if that helps a little? As far as your carb goes, can't remember, but is that a holley you're running? I do have an awesome carb tuning guide from Don over at 4 seconds flat, that's based off the Demon set up, if you have a Demon. I suppose they're real similar to a Holley as well. I could email it to you if you want (it's about 45 pages long). On a good note, great to hear you're taking her for a spin, as well as the chrome & wheels.

Thanks Prop, I have a nice Demon book myself but have covered most of the bases in it already. I'm really leaning towards ignition (dead plug) at this moment but will update my findings after the weekend. On the fence right now with the wires, I've had really good luck with Taylors but seams to be allot of faithful Firecore users on here so we'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

check out taylor wires, i have a set on my car, i like them a lot.

I've always liked Taylors, do you have headers and if so which ones did you use. I know straight boots hit the passenger side inner fender (they may have been longer than others) and 90s won't work on all of them either, 45's might work?

- - - Updated - - -

Tuesday it will be thrown on a trailer and hauled to the local alignment shop, if I'm going to start tinkering with it might as well spend $35.00 and make it more pleasurable right. This weekend (if you want to call it that, gotta work Sat) I'm planning on touching up anything that needs it and getting the hood and bumpers back on. If my vent windows show up I'll be on my way.:icon_super:

Hey 7474 Mopar . . . How about that dipstick - can't wait to see how that thing is going to turn out in your car ! ! !

Gonna be a buisy weekend but I have it ready to at least try, soon my friend.

I might be late to the game here but my engine was sent with the MSD Street Fire plug wires. They're a trim to length and they turned out really good for me.

The chrome shop called Friday and said my frames were done and that they would ship that day so early next week I should have wheels and chrome for sure. I think my list goes something like this now, tires, headlights (halogen), vacuum solenoids, electric speedo sending unit, front turn signal lenses and I think that's about it. There of coarse are many other things like a stereo, A/C unit, etc but these are the things that I need before I put in out the road. Speaking of the electric speedo sending unit I'm thinking about using one of the GPS units........it's pretty cool, instead of going off the tranny it uses GPS meaning your speedo is always on even if you change gears, tire size etc. My plans for this weekend aren't panning out to well, I re-sided the front of the house last weekend and the wife didn't like the color so after work today it was more scaffolding time but this time she was right beside me tag teaming it. Maybe tomorrow "yeah right". gps.jpg

awesome job
love the color and the flag work
what engine you running and are you upgrading the suspension

im just curious as im in the process of building a 69 coronet convert resomod

747 That GPS unit sounds awesome! I know you built a custom dash, but i cant remember what speedo your running? Im guessing you have to have an electric speedo and this GPS unit cant be made to work with an original cable drive type unit?

The chrome shop called Friday and said my frames were done and that they would ship that day so early next week I should have wheels and chrome for sure. I think my list goes something like this now, tires, headlights (halogen), vacuum solenoids, electric speedo sending unit, front turn signal lenses and I think that's about it. There of coarse are many other things like a stereo, A/C unit, etc but these are the things that I need before I put in out the road. Speaking of the electric speedo sending unit I'm thinking about using one of the GPS units........it's pretty cool, instead of going off the tranny it uses GPS meaning your speedo is always on even if you change gears, tire size etc. My plans for this weekend aren't panning out to well, I re-sided the front of the house last weekend and the wife didn't like the color so after work today it was more scaffolding time but this time she was right beside me tag teaming it. Maybe tomorrow "yeah right".View attachment 180851

real nice 747, that is one im going to run in mine....great minds think alike..lol

awesome job
love the color and the flag work
what engine you running and are you upgrading the suspension

im just curious as im in the process of building a 69 coronet convert resomod

Thanks, I'm running a 1973 400 BB, bored .060 over, 440 forged crank, Keith Black Hyp pistons, ported 452 heads with the bigger valves, Eddie RPM intake, 870 cfm Holley, .501 solid lift Comp Cam, and Comp Cam roller rockers. It comes out to 456 Cubes, most think I went to small on the cam but you've got to take cruising RPM into account and it's intended use which is a lot of cruising. I purchased a complete suspension kit from Just Suspension, it had pretty much everything under the car including poly bushings, heavier bars and 1" drop leaves. I like the original suspension just fine for what I'm going to be doing with it besides it's a tried and true setup that can be made to work really well.

- - - Updated - - -

747 That GPS unit sounds awesome! I know you built a custom dash, but i cant remember what speedo your running? Im guessing you have to have an electric speedo and this GPS unit cant be made to work with an original cable drive type unit?

Thanks, I used all Auto Meter Carbon Fiber gauges. I'll be switching to a 5 or 6 speed in the future so going this route will save me from buying another sender down the road.

- - - Updated - - -

real nice 747, that is one im going to run in mine....great minds think alike..lol
Yes indeed they do.

- - - Updated - - -

Spent the night doing what I've been dreading "touching up the paint". I had a couple spots were my hose flipped up and touched the car while I was painting and with the orange being transparent I couldn't hide it even though I sanded it out. Tonight after looking at Hunts sexy Charger so many times I sacked up and dug in. Since you can't hide anything with the orange I sanded it until the dark spots were out which was down to the white base :angryfire: then I took mt cheapo Summit touch up gun and adjusted it to a fine pattern with minimal build and started building it back up and whataya know................you can't see anything at all now:hello2:. This is a huge move forward for me because I've been dragging this out in fear of making it worse and they weren't that noticeable anyways. Tomorrow if I can get enough time I'll scuff what I did, blend a light coat of orange over the repairs to better blend them and clear the areas. this means next time you see a picture of it it just might be mostly complete.

Spent the night doing what I've been dreading "touching up the paint". I had a couple spots were my hose flipped up and touched the car while I was painting and with the orange being transparent I couldn't hide it even though I sanded it out. Tonight after looking at Hunts sexy Charger so many times I sacked up and dug in. Since you can't hide anything with the orange I sanded it until the dark spots were out which was down to the white base :angryfire: then I took mt cheapo Summit touch up gun and adjusted it to a fine pattern with minimal build and started building it back up and whataya know................you can't see anything at all now:hello2:. This is a huge move forward for me because I've been dragging this out in fear of making it worse and they weren't that noticeable anyways. Tomorrow if I can get enough time I'll scuff what I did, blend a light coat of orange over the repairs to better blend them and clear the areas. this means next time you see a picture of it it just might be mostly complete.

Sounds great 747 Mopar . . . glad to hear that you're getting those spots "cleaned up" to your satisfaction . . . I know you'd always be worried about them if you left them alone . . . now you can finish them up and forget about them ! ! Your checklist must be getting VERY SHORT now . . . can't wait to see it ! !

DONE................I hope. After hours of cleaning up, sanding, masking, cleaning I finally finished the last of the paint. I tell you this car is a spawn straight from hell, everything is painful with this car and today was no different. Right off the bat the lady bugs start crawling all over the car (before I started) so I seal up the booth and start hunting and killing all that I can find, then after two coats I find 2 fruit flies walking down the side of the car #$(^@!&&(()%$#, no problem I keep a pair of tweezers in my pocket. I put the final wet coat on and shut the lights down to not attract anymore bugs but what do I find 2 minutes later "a freakin lady bug laboring like hell threw the clear leaving huge tracks" #*&?$#?&*%&?*??%$!@&%: angry4:. After some choice words I tweez him off and dump some thinner in the gun and spray the area to keep the clear flowing, it works (still needs wet sanded but is minor now). Now it's time for church and I just know I'm going to come back to a bug infested paint job but much to my surprise "no bugs". All in all unless I find something that I didn't already see it's good to go. If I build another I just might pay someone to do the paint because it's a real pain in the #@?.

- - - Updated - - -

[video=youtube_share;btPJPFnesV4]http://youtu.be/btPJPFnesV4[/video]

Sounds like you have somehow gotten ahold of a little bit of my luck lol. These cars are just a bitch - I don't know how anybody can handle restoring them for a living.

Auto Transport Service
Back