• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Wet sanding again, hoping to finish it up tomorrow and move on to final buffing then reassembly. Don't know about the tires Big Block, we just got a bomb dropped on us from the Hospital so we'll see until then I've got plenty to keep me buisy. I picked up a set of plug wires as well so we'll see if that helps the rich idle then fine tune the shift cable, get it aligned and see how it goes.

My cousin asked if I would fix a rust hole in his newer Dodge Ram, how could I refuse anything to keep a Mopar going strong. Turned out really good I think. DSCN9109.jpgDSCN9111 - Copy.jpg

My cousin asked if I would fix a rust hole in his newer Dodge Ram, how could I refuse anything to keep a Mopar going strong. Turned out really good I think.

YOU make it look so easy 747 Mopar . . . Looks great.

Finally dug into the idle issue, I picked up a set of plugs and Taylor universal fit wires since I've always had great luck with them and really like the molded ends. I figured I'd try the 45 degree boots and they fit great, I had to angle a couple downward because of the headers but they worked out and I can actually feel them click on. I used to be hesitant to buy the universals because although I'd prefer the custom fit I was always worried about getting a good crimp, that is until I borrowed a set of Snap On Crimpers from a buddy that had a plug crimper on them "perfect crimp". So here's my advice if going this route, buy yourself a good set of crimpers with the "W" crimp and a can of Silicone Spray for sliding the boots on and you can't go wrong. Now for my findings, surprisingly the plugs all looked good except #7 plug was wet and #8 plug wire (the one that kept falling off) showed signs of arching in the boot (see pics). After replacing all the wires and plugs it's still idled rough. I figured I over leaned the mixture trying to compensate for what turned out the be a fouled plug or bad wire so I started richening it which is when it finally started to sound allot better. Until I pull it outside again that's all the farther I got but I think I'm headed in the right direction.DSCN9119.jpgDSCN9120.jpgDSCN9121.jpgDSCN9122.jpgDSCN9123.jpgDSCN9124.jpgDSCN9125.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't make my goal for the weekend..........no surprise with it being Easter weekend. But since I had it out of the garage I figured I get a little Charger ****, you'll notice I stayed true to my word about no more pics of the ugly white spoke wheels. I don't think I've posted any pics of my grill since it was done minus the Charger emblem still needs replaced.DSCN9128.jpgDSCN9127.jpgDSCN9129.jpgDSCN9130.jpg

Happy Easter 747!

That engine bay is so clean! Nice. I'm saving that in my cool engine bay folder.

I don't see any "clearance" concerns with your hood there 747 Mopar . . . ( LMAO ) . . . LOOKING GREAT ! ! !

P.S the filter is just a cheapo until I get around to the Shaker Scoop but so far no filter clearance issues. :dontknow: Also I might add that those Dixie Horns (daughter is a huge Dukes fan) are completely hidden once together and they sound super cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Happy Easter 747!

That engine bay is so clean! Nice. I'm saving that in my cool engine bay folder.

Thanks MT, I'll take that as a compliment and I'm glad you like it because that was definitely the goal "CLEAN".

- - - Updated - - -

YOU make it look so easy 747 Mopar . . . Looks great.

Don't kid yourself Kahn, nothing going on here that you aren't doing yourself on the ol 67 Belv. Thanks Kahn

wowser, that is freaking nice, the grey center on the wheels almost looks spot on with your flag on the hood, and the polished lip will set the orange off big time. the reflection in the paint speaks for it self. very nice job it looks awesome.

Lookin' good! And it must have been very exciting to take it for a run. Can't wait to see a side shot with the wheels,excellent choice BTW.

That American Flag in the hood is awesome, did you do that yourself?

Thanks MT. Sure did, I try to do everything myself with the exception of stitching up the upholstery and some of the engine machine work. Sometimes I think it's out of stubborn ignorance because some things I would probably be better letting the pro's do but I really like doing it all even if it causes temporary insanity. The flag was somewhat easy to mask and layout just had some headaches with the paint but it's all good now. It's Galaxy Grey (same as rump stripe) and then I used Black and Silver to mix in to lighten and darken it for the other two colors. After all the work it sure is nice to hear that you like it, Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Is that your car at the bottom of your page (67 Coronet)? Please post a pic here, looks awesome!

Thanks MT. Sure did, I try to do everything myself with the exception of stitching up the upholstery and some of the engine machine work. Sometimes I think it's out of stubborn ignorance because some things I would probably be better letting the pro's do but I really like doing it all even if it causes temporary insanity. The flag was somewhat easy to mask and layout just had some headaches with the paint but it's all good now. It's Galaxy Grey (same as rump stripe) and then I used Black and Silver to mix in to lighten and darken it for the other two colors. After all the work it sure is nice to hear that you like it, Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Is that your car at the bottom of your page (67 Coronet)? Please post a pic here, looks awesome!

Very cool hood work 747, those horns are neat too. I would like to hear them, what do they sound like?

I like to do allot of car work myself also, although I don't do machining or engine assembly. I let the pros do that. Right now Jim Laroy (IQ52): Pops 440 thread - Jim has my motor right now and is building a moderate build 440. I should have some dyno pics and vids in a few weeks. Fun.

Yep, my car is the 67 Coronet. (Billings Montana)

Talk to you later and keep up the good work!

Very, very, very good news today. I haven't felt comfortable driving this car yet do to the bad alignment, incomplete exhaust (mounting), tranny shifting really late and the rough idle that is until today. First, I took Charlie's advice on the tranny cable and loosened it up a bit, then replaced the wires & plugs and readjusted the idle screws, next I redid the exhaust mounts and last I got it aligned today. The results.......................hot damn I'm ready for plates this thing is a whole new car now, idles beautifully, steers perfect, shifts like it should and lays rubber like a Mopar haha.:3gears: I gotta admit I was starting to wonder how this thing was going to be to drive but I'm pretty confident now, night and day difference. My dad is offering to front the tire money and as much as I don't want to it's really tempting now. Really need to finish up all of the loose ends like the doors handle etc, lots of little rattles from loose hanging parts but if that's all I have to complain about I'm good to go.

Great news 747 Mopar . . . maybe you and H2E have wore out the bad luck gods and Karma is finally showing it's head and helping you BOTH finish up . . . lord knows you've both have had more than your fair share of grief with your cars . . .

Thanks for the great news - your dad sounds like a great man ! ! ( smile ) . . .

Very cool hood work 747, those horns are neat too. I would like to hear them, what do they sound like?

I like to do allot of car work myself also, although I don't do machining or engine assembly. I let the pros do that. Right now Jim Laroy (IQ52): Pops 440 thread - Jim has my motor right now and is building a moderate build 440. I should have some dyno pics and vids in a few weeks. Fun.

Yep, my car is the 67 Coronet. (Billings Montana)

Talk to you later and keep up the good work!

Yes indeed, a new motor is always fun. I've read allot of his post (IQ 52) seams like he's pretty knowledgeable and quite capable of building a strong motor. Good luck

- - - Updated - - -

Great news 747 Mopar . . . maybe you and H2E have wore out the bad luck gods and Karma is finally showing it's head and helping you BOTH finish up . . . lord knows you've both have had more than your fair share of grief with your cars . . .

Thanks for the great news - your dad sounds like a great man ! ! ( smile ) . . .

You have no idea. He was the product of a mother that literally beat the crap out of him and didn't allow him to do anything and I mean anything. His dad who he was very close to passed while he was still in school before their house was even done. I remember the guys that grew up next door telling me about him standing outside of their house so he could watch TV because she would beat the crap out of him if he went inside. He moved out, got married and had my brother but once she (his mother) couldn't take care of things anymore he moved back in (we grew up with her) and took care of her until she passed. He did without threw our childhood so we could have everything that he couldn't growing up, we had dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, go carts and lots of tools so you'll never hear me complain about my childhood, I was the luckiest kid around. I know what your thinking "SPOILED", yeah maybe but he also was a worker who I can remember pulling motors out of the old Dodge van for a rebuild before a cross country adventure to California or him working out of our basement (he had a machine shop in the basement) while he was laid off and him going to work everyday sick or not so we all grew up with good work ethics as well. My mom never had to work, we never needed a babysitter and they never fought and I'm not exagerating one bit. To say he's a great man is an understatement. Sorry guys I guess I got a little emotional on ya haha, but your right Kahn a great man indeed.

747, glad you got the issue's taken care of. I tip my hat off to your dad for coming from the childhood that he had and raise a son that wasn't afraid of hard work and doing things like nobody else can. I would be honored to shake your dad's hand.

Got an idea on the hood scoop painting 747Mopar . . . just throwing it out there . . . continue the flag pattern on the hood scoop, but instead of the blacks and grays, paint them with the true red, white, and blue colors they're suppose to be ? ?

Just an option . . . that's my $0.02, and that's about all it's worth . . . ( smile )

747 Mopar . . . had another thought on the painting of your hood scoop . . .

To keep with the color scheme you have, red, white and blue may not be to your liking . . .

Continue the flag on the scoop, but this time use different shades of ORANGE ? ? ? ? just another thought . . .

Awesome news Devin! Glad to hear you got everything sorted with such great results, now where's our video?! Haha, and those pictures with the front end coming together look b!tchin!! The darker silver you went with on the grille goes perfect with the colors of the flag :icon_thumleft:

Auto Transport Service
Back