• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Awesome news Devin! Glad to hear you got everything sorted with such great results, now where's our video?! Haha, and those pictures with the front end coming together look b!tchin!! The darker silver you went with on the grille goes perfect with the colors of the flag :icon_thumleft:

Thanks Speedy, that was the idea to match the charcoal with the grill and it's pretty close.

- - - Updated - - -

O.K so bad fortune strikes again haha, don't worry it's no big deal just another one of those "WHY" moments. I couldn't take it anymore and took my dad up on his offer (I know, it didn't take long) only if I could pay him back (he likes to get things and then refuse to take money). So I get a text at work saying he took my wheels to the tire shop on the way to work, I quickly call the tire shop to inquire about how they balance these types of wheels fearing they would put wheel weights on them and chip the clear and they reply that they never put those type of weights on high dollar wheels "sweet". Then they tell me that out of the 4 tires they ordered only 1 was right and the other 3 were all season tires ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME? I've been buying tires since I graduated and never have gotten the wrong tires so he says they are coming from Texas and will be there in 4 days. I then ask if he's comfortable keeping them until then but he seams a little hesitant so I ask if he can mount the one so I can at least see one and he agrees. I show up and he's having trouble mounting them and wants the # for the place I bought them so he can double check before he proceeds. I get a call from some other company (he called the wrong supplier) wanting to know what going on and have to call him back again to straighten it all out. As far as I know all is good now, they are pretty good guys and have a "if we scratch it we buy it policy". P.S the Firestones look badass. Just another one of those "you gotta be kidding me momonts"

Second bit of bad news, my wife got the bill for the chrome OUCH! I'm insulating the dog box right now cause I think I might be staying there for a while. Why does everything have to cost so much? On the plus side I fixed the problem with the exhaust tips wanting to rotate into the rockers, since the X pipe was rigid with reinforcements on the X I just crawled under the car with the tips held in place and welded them solid. The fun part is I've never welded under a car with a TIG, TIG in one hand, filler wire in the other and my knee operating the pedal all while cramped under the car. I also made a trip to the salvage yard looking for black shoulder belts, I found a set without the tensioners in a 2002 Sebring for $100.00 so I'll have to get them soon to make it legal.

- - - Updated - - -

My god...........The Curse of the Charger strikes again!

It would seam but with all the good fortune lately this is just something to shake your head at I guess.

Second bit of bad news, my wife got the bill for the chrome OUCH! I'm insulating the dog box right now cause I think I might be staying there for a while. Why does everything have to cost so much?

Man, I hear you loud and clear on that one... :icon_axe:

Ya know, when this is all over and the car is done, You're going to look back at all of this and say, "Wow now that was a fun ride!" The hardest thing for wives to understand is, it's just money and you'll make more. As long as you're taking care of family and bills it's all good.

Agreed 61. Funny how that works, when it's all said and done you never remember any of the pain and suffering just the good stuff. My wife and I have two totally different ways of looking at things, she's great with money but doesn't put enjoying life very high on the priority list myself on the other hand put it very high on the list. I don't know about you guys but going to work everyday and not getting to enjoy anything doesn't sound like a very good recipe for happiness.

Man 747Mopar . . . you're going through a roller coaster ride . . . Ups and downs . . . what a great story about your dad . . . Glad to see that you're taking him up on his offer, he's probably pretty proud of the work that you've accomplished on your Charger - I think we're all in AWE of the results . . . it's looking AWESOME . . .

Can't wait for them to get the tires figured out and get them mounted on your car ! ! I'm sure it's going to be out of this World when it's done ! ! !

Looking forward to seeing THOSE picuters ! !

I don't know about you guys but going to work everyday and not getting to enjoy anything doesn't sound like a very good recipe for happiness.

Naw....not at all man. Sounds more like a recipe for **** stew. I try to incorporate my wife as much as possible with my mopars. Try to do it in a covert fashion as well. Don't know if it helps or not, but unknowingly it makes her part of the cars and that seems to give her interest and respect for them, thus more car time/car funds for me. And she thought she married a dummy...hehehehehe.

Naw....not at all man. Sounds more like a recipe for **** stew. I try to incorporate my wife as much as possible with my mopars. Try to do it in a covert fashion as well. Don't know if it helps or not, but unknowingly it makes her part of the cars and that seems to give her interest and respect for them, thus more car time/car funds for me. And she thought she married a dummy...hehehehehe.

I try but there is no interest at all, I'll keep trying though. Love her to death just don't think we'll ever share any common interest in cars but hey........... I got the kids hooked or at least my daughter.:headbang:

Anybody have a pic of how the trunk seal is supposed to look? The one I got (soft seal) just glues to the surface instead of fitting around the lip.

Anybody have a pic of how the trunk seal is supposed to look? The one I got (soft seal) just glues to the surface instead of fitting around the lip.

Will a pic of the truck seal on my Belvedere help out ? ? I can easily shoot a pic of it ( I've been sitting in it all week welding the mini tub . . . )

Don't know if they are the same or not, I'll have look at the bag and see what all it fits.

Progress is really coming along at last, I woke up this morning hell bent on finishing the body work and I mean finished, done, no more, I'm over it. At 8:00 AM I went to the garage and started sanding, 2000 grit then 3000 and finally 5000, by 3:00 I was buffing again but had to go back a few times to knock down the orange peal a bit but. Took a break for Church and am now ready for the final buff compound followed by the seal and then bumpers, door handles, decals, mirror, etc, I have to get up at 4:30 AM but mark my words I'm not leaving the garage until it's done even if it means coming home for only a bath, I'm a man on a mission. Tires should be in tomorrow and the plan is to post pics for y'all.

Last edited:
Progress is really coming along at last, I woke up this morning hell bent on finishing the body work and I mean finished, done, no more, I'm over it. At 8:00 AM I went to the garage and started sanding, 2000 grit then 3000 and finally 5000, by 3:00 I was buffing again but had to go back a few times to knock down the orange peal a bit but. Took a break for Church and am now ready for the final buff compound followed by the seal and then bumpers, door handles, decals, mirror, etc, I have to get up at 4:30 AM but mark my words I'm not leaving the garage until it's done even if it means coming home for only a bath, I'm a man on a mission. Tires should be in tomorrow and the plan is for a to post pics for y'all.

You sound like a man who can see that light shimmering at the end of the tunnel!! Time to push through it's within reach brother!!

A very curious picture of a charger.....

tumblr_n4ogqyvO0e1rw5dlyo1_1280.jpg

Time for bed, all buffed and looking damn right sexy. Bumpers are on (beautiful), handles, mirror and valence all done and I finally feel like I got allot done. Crossing my finger's for tires tomorrow, if so expect some pics.

Time for bed, all buffed and looking damn right sexy. Bumpers are on (beautiful), handles, mirror and valence all done and I finally feel like I got allot done. Crossing my finger's for tires tomorrow, if so expect some pics.

Great job there 747 Mopar . . . I figured you get it done, you were a man on a mission . . . can't wait to see the pictures ! ! !

Auto Transport Service
Back