• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Sounds like you have somehow gotten ahold of a little bit of my luck lol. These cars are just a bitch - I don't know how anybody can handle restoring them for a living.

This car has been a real pain every since the body work started but I'll get it done, I expect things to smooth out once I'm past the body stuff. What really bothers me is all the problems with the paint, I've painted several cars without issues but with this car everything is a challenge. I'll just be glad when I am done buffing and I'm happy with it, I won't hold my breath.

Man......a bug invasion? Wow. You guys with the Chargers get everything thrown at you, including the kitchen sink!

No kidding Propwash . . . H2E and 747 Mopar . . . Even the kitchen sink will buff out . . . ( smile ) . . . Keep at it 747 Mopar - Looking good ! ! !

I'd say I'm glad I'm building a Belvedere . . . but as H2E/747Mopar can attest, my luck hasn't been all that great on my restoration either . . . ( sigh ) . . .

One day / one challenge . . . at a time . . . I'll keep plugging away at it . . .

Man......a bug invasion? Wow. You guys with the Chargers get everything thrown at you, including the kitchen sink!

That's for sure! I think we all might have picked some Gypsy-cursed Chargers or something.. At times I've considered an exorcism or shaman blessing, but I've found colorful language and a big @ss hammer work pretty well, too. lol

Glad to hear you got the last of the paint knocked out 747, can't wait to see the finished product and a burnout vid :icon_thumleft:

Santa was good this week, got my wheels and vent window frames. The wheels are absolutely gorgeous and I love how thy hid the valve stem on them. The frames were done by Cast & Custom Chrome out of Titusville Florida, they did an excellent job and were very nice people to deal with. All in all I'm pumped. DSCN9115.jpgDSCN9116.jpgDSCN9118.jpg

Great news 747 Mopar . . . Wheels and vent windows . . . looks like all your bad luck in the past has earned you a bit of Good Karma ! ! !

The wheels are incredible . . . LOVE them ! ! ! Great job on picking them out . . . ( smile )

wow 747, those look awesome. us mags make nice wheels. lets get them mounted up and see this beauty.

Great news 747 Mopar . . . Wheels and vent windows . . . looks like all your bad luck in the past has earned you a bit of Good Karma ! ! !

The wheels are incredible . . . LOVE them ! ! ! Great job on picking them out . . . ( smile )

I hope your right, I'm spending every second I can wet sanding and buffing the newly touched up areas to get this thing ready. I literally have everything needed to put it together minus some interior stuff so it will be an all out assault once the buffing is done or at least I hope.

- - - Updated - - -

wow 747, those look awesome. us mags make nice wheels. lets get them mounted up and see this beauty.

Tires are going to be the biggest hold up at this point but ar least I'm close.

Man those wheels are bad@ss and the vent window frames look great! We need more Charger ****! Haha

Patience my young padawan:star_wars2:, you will get Charger **** overload after I get it all buffed, assembled and tires on it but until then just tidbits. I'm definitely pumped with the fit although I've yet to try the fronts but the rears really fill the wells nicely and look badass from the rear. Now I know how it must feel to have the wheels earlier in the build "motivating indeed".

keep up the good work 747mopar. It's looking great, can't wait for more pics.

DUDDEEE! Awesome wheels! I dig them, what size are they? Between yours and USARR wheels Im pretty much sold on getting gray centers with a bushed or polished outer rim. Awesome you're getting so close!

DUDDEEE! Awesome wheels! I dig them, what size are they? Between yours and USARR wheels Im pretty much sold on getting gray centers with a bushed or polished outer rim. Awesome you're getting so close!

Thanks Reboot, they are 19"X10" rears and 18"X8" fronts. I'm glad I bought the grey centers especially with the grey on the car.

WOW!!! Between you and USARR I am having a serious case of rim envy! Those look incredible! Can't wait till you get some rubber on them so we can see your car sit as intended! Good news on the vents too getting closer!!

Well that's good to hear man! I'm sure we'll all be drooling over the pics when they land here :icon_thumleft:

Oh and I saw this scooped-hood Charger on facebook I thought might give you some shaker inspiration

10247358_590136117748504_5666124567431436615_n.jpg

10250290_590136261081823_6931774605319483453_n.jpg

Thanks Speedy, that looks dimensionally close to what I'm going for and even close in shape so it's nice to see it on a Charger. I think with my hood not having the recesses anymore and a few differences in style will make it look even better. Speaking of which it is getting really close to being at the top of the priority list and brings me to this question. I've been kicking around what I'm going to do for painting it. I really like the paint Hunt used (can't remember what it's called, orga#@^@?) and think it would look cool that way but thought it might be really cool if I could continue the flag onto it only in that org@^$@ and gloss black but with that stuff being textured it might not work out????

Yeah as soon as I saw it I thought of the drawings we were all throwing around a while ago! I thought the dimensions of that one being pretty low on the deck and long back towards the windshield made it look pretty good

And that stuff elk used is called Organasol, pretty b!tchin stuff! If you wanted to continue the flag onto it I would probably tape the flag stuff off, shoot the organasol, pull the tape off and backmask, and shoot the flag stuff separate in whatever color you wanna go with. Painting right over the top of organasol might come out a little weird. But I think doing it the backmasking way with a satin black for the flag pattern might look awesome, like a kindof "ghost" look from the different textures of satin black against the organasol. :thinker:

Your probably right, I like it. I'll likely paint the scoop black, mask the stars and then the Organasol (seams easier that way). I think I just might do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Man I've really been slacking on my music video's so here's what's been playing in the garage lately.[video=youtube_share;DU_ggFovJNo]http://youtu.be/DU_ggFovJNo[/video]

Speaking of which it is getting really close to being at the top of the priority list and brings me to this question. I've been kicking around what I'm going to do for painting it.

Got an idea on the hood scoop painting 747Mopar . . . just throwing it out there . . . continue the flag pattern on the hood scoop, but instead of the blacks and grays, paint them with the true red, white, and blue colors they're suppose to be ? ?

Just an option . . . that's my $0.02, and that's about all it's worth . . . ( smile )

You bet, should be some but tedious tapework either way but I'm sure it'll look awesome when it's done! And nice weekly tune choice! :beavisnbutthead:

Wheels look real good 7. When ya gonna put tires on them and do a side shoot so we can see how it looks. After that we need VIDEO!!!!! :)

Auto Transport Service
Back