• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Go figure, no tires again. I'll go paint the springs and drums flat black in anticipation that they'll be here tomorrow. Sorry, really thought I'd see them today.

Go figure, no tires again. I'll go paint the springs and drums flat black in anticipation that they'll be here tomorrow. Sorry, really thought I'd see them today.

So sorry to hear that 747 Mopar . . . nothing worse then the UP and DOWN roller coaster of emotions when you're "so close" . . . it's gotta be tough on you ! ! !

Hang in there . . . your masterpiece should be finishing up here SOON ! ! ! ( smile )

Oh - and we can't wait to see her either ! ! !

Bummer about the tires, hate those random little roadblocks. But I can't wait to see her all together, the suspense is killing me!

No worries, I wouldn't call this a set back (it isn't causing any extra work or money) just have to wait longer that's all. Still waiting for a pic of the trunk seal????? Plus if anyone has a set of locks for sale I need them all, trunk and doors.

Trunk seal on my 67 Belvedere . . .

Ruh roh . . . forgot about the pics . . . didn't know if they'd be the same ? ? Here they are . . .

Looks like there's a little "lip" on the rubber seal that hangs over the edge of the metal.

Hope these help you out . . .

sm_trunkseal1.jpg

sm_trunkseal2.jpg

sm_trunkseal3.jpg

Sorry, once again a no show but they ran the tracking # and said tomorrow so we'll see. Putting a little more on it everyday but the issues with the vent windows still need resolved (one bolt hole with no threads and a pivot pin hole ate out to a sloppy fit) so that's holding me up a bit but it's not a big deal just need to get off my but and fix it. Sure is looking different with all of the goodies going back on but I have another small (I hope) issue to take care of, the valence seams to be shifted to the left a bit but I think a little adjusting and persuading will resolve it. Tomorrow I hope I'll get those pics.

Here's your pic, no tires still. I'm a pretty patient guy but this is getting really old "they'll be here Friday then it was Monday then Tues, Wed now Thursday". Oh well I'm not one to raise hell so I'll just cross my fingers that he actually does get them this time.DSCN9193.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing almost done, I bought this battery box at Summits scratch and dent sale for dirt cheap not thinking about where I was going to put it (can't hardly pull a battery out of it when it's under the quarter panel). Here's the solution, I made a tray with short corners and a clamping bar (remove bar, lift whole box an inch and pull the whole thing out where you can get to it). Also fixed the stripped hole in the vent window frame (drilled and tapped from a #6 to a #8-32). I then tackled the wallored out pivot pin hole in the other vent window frame, I had what I think is a really good idea for fixing it. Not wanting to take a chance of breaking it by drilling it and driving the pin in I chose to tap it 1/4-20 and I'll make up a new pin with threads on it and locktite it in. DSCN9175.jpgDSCN9178.jpg

Cool idea on the battery box! I hear ya with getting stressed on the wheels not even that it's been that long it's the over-promising and under-delivering... No point letting it stress you though you're taking the right approach.

When I ordered mine (rims and rubber at the same time) the rims and rear tires were in within a week but the fronts took alonst 5 weeks... turned out they had been sitting on a shelf in Alberta and they kept calling them back-ordered... once someone got off their *** and physically looked I had them within 2 days

Here's the bumpers on the car, nice to see them on there after all of the cutting and welding that went into them.:eek:DSCN9169.jpgDSCN9189.jpgDSCN9190.jpgDSCN9192.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's some close up's of the areas that I had to touch up, finally no blemishes. Check out the top of the quarter panel where it meats the roof, I had to touch up the quarter and masked it off there. The guys at House of Kolors told me I could blend the clear in and then burn it in (spray straight thinner over it to blend it into the old clear), worked pretty slick. Anybody know if there are supposed to be any rubber bumpers in the bumper where the license plate goes? I put the plate on there but the edges of the plate were touching the bumper so I'll either space it out a bit or hopefully there are supposed to be bumpers there. DSCN9201.jpgDSCN9200.jpgDSCN9199.jpgDSCN9198.jpgDSCN9203.jpg

Everything is looking great Devin. I do have to say that I have you beat by a mile with Crager taking 5 months to get my custom backspaced Klassics made. Your few extra days is peanuts in comparison lol. I know what you are going through as the wheel - tire combo really makes the car seem complete and changes the whole look of the total package.

Everything is looking great Devin. I do have to say that I have you beat by a mile with Crager taking 5 months to get my custom backspaced Klassics made. Your few extra days is peanuts in comparison lol. I know what you are going through as the wheel - tire combo really makes the car seem complete and changes the whole look of the total package.

That's a long wait, I only waited 6 weeks for full custom wheels and boy isn't that the truth about changing the looks, I only got to see one on it and couldn't believe the difference it made.

I had to post this haha, it's my brothers little boy. The little rascal found my foam body seals the other night and had a hay day shreading them, if that's the price of having the little guy around then I guess I'll just have to buy more (he's one cute little guy and gives the best hugs). Wheels and tires are on but had a super busy day with the kids and my car is blocked in so I couldn't get any good pics. Tomorrow is also going to be busy but Sat at the latest I'll post pics (thinking about dropping it another inch in the rear)?marshall.jpg

Wheels and tires are on and we have to wait for pics!!! Damn you 747!! Lol

Haha, I honestly went to the garsge last night and even pulled it out of the booth to try and get a pic for you but like I said it's all blocked in and there's no room to stand back away from it. Instead of a crappy pic that really shows little I'll just wait "sorry".

Haha, I honestly went to the garsge last night and even pulled it out of the booth to try and get a pic for you but like I said it's all blocked in and there's no room to stand back away from it. Instead of a crappy pic that really shows little I'll just wait "sorry".

No need to apologize brother! This one is worth waiting for!

How are you feeling now that they're on and mounted? I figured the first pic would be of you doing cartwheels and backflips of joy! hahaha

No need to apologize brother! This one is worth waiting for!

How are you feeling now that they're on and mounted? I figured the first pic would be of you doing cartwheels and backflips of joy! hahaha

Haha, I think I'm already pooped from all the dancing around................Yeah I'm pretty pumped up for sure, it's sick looking all of a sudden. I was so excited today I tried to get it insured as soon as I got home but with only 15 minutes until they closed and a piece of crap computer that wouldn't send the pics they required I failed.:angryfire: On the plus side I was out shopping with the wife up in Summits neck of the woods when she said I could buy my seat belts for my birthday so off we went (I'll put them in this weekend). That leaves headlights and a speedo sensor. Of coarse the interior needs finished but that's paid for.

Auto Transport Service
Back