• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Your car is absolutely STUNNING. Maybe after you drive it awhile and everything settles into place, that will give you a better outlook on which way you want the stance to look.

Oh whoops! Thats what i meant! Awesome man, well monday you'll be able to educate him! and go hunting those mustangs and chevys. Excited to see your scoop too man!

Are those Dr. Gas Boom Tubes?

Not sure what your referring to but I don't have any Boom Tubes.

- - - Updated - - -

Your car is absolutely STUNNING. Maybe after you drive it awhile and everything settles into place, that will give you a better outlook on which way you want the stance to look.

Thanks RR

Not sure what your referring to but I don't have any Boom Tubes.

OK - A company called Dr. Gas makes exhaust like the ones on your car, they also run that type on NASCAR. http://www.drgas.com/Boom-Tube-Tip_p_39.html

That is the coolest exhaust ever - did you make it yourself?

Your car looks totally awesome, more pics of the exhaust please!

Thanks

It's pages 10-11 but the final tips are somewhere else in there, the exhaust is a Pypes Stainless Universal 3" X pipe kit with homemade mufflers (also stainless) that turn the exhaust out the side kinda like the old T/A exhaust. I copied the Flowmasrter Super 40 muffler design for the internals. DSCN8138.jpgDSCN6914.jpg

Those exhaust are cool as ****, amazing craftsmanship... very nice.

How do they sound? Any sound clips?

Thanks

I'll be doing a video soon I hope.

Man.......That Charger looks sharp! These cars you guys are rolling out of restoration with are really stunning. Awesome to see you guys chugging along and following through. Great work! Good tip on the vent window pivot. My bird's are a bit loose and could have used that, but the Dart will get your upgrade. Nice to hear the buffing wheels are working out well for you, glad I could offer my 2 cents. Unfortunately you found out 2000 grit isn't going to get you too far with sanding out stainless, but on the bright side Mr. Miyagi would be impressed with the indirect karate skills you have acquired Danielson.

Man.......That Charger looks sharp! These cars you guys are rolling out of restoration with are really stunning. Awesome to see you guys chugging along and following through. Great work! Good tip on the vent window pivot. My bird's are a bit loose and could have used that, but the Dart will get your upgrade. Nice to hear the buffing wheels are working out well for you, glad I could offer my 2 cents. Unfortunately you found out 2000 grit isn't going to get you too far with sanding out stainless, but on the bright side Mr. Miyagi would be impressed with the indirect karate skills you have acquired Danielson.

I don't know about Mr. Miyagi but maybe John Holmes would be. It sure feels good (not the stroking) to actually be thinking about driving it after it sitting 10 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks awesome! The tucked in bumpers give it such a clean look. Great work!

Thanks Red, One to many episodes of Overhaulin I guess (always liked the tucked bumper look he does).

- - - Updated - - -

Now for more aggrevating news, after all of that dicking around with taking and sending pics to the ins company they say "your car being restored shows a value in excess of $25,000 and you should seek a specialty group that handles classic cars" No F#$^*?# S&#?, did you really think a 1969 Charger was going to be worth nothing. I am so sick of these people, it's fine and dandy to take my money all year with zero return but the minute they see a slight risk they're out. I'll be looking for ins for all of my cars now but as a result here we go again, time to start over with the B.S.

Here you go Goon, finally got your pics. Let me know what you think, Another inch in the rear???????????View attachment 185159View attachment 185160View attachment 185161View attachment 185162View attachment 185163

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, time to head back to the garage have a few drinks, install windows, seat belts and whatever else I can find.

Wow hadn't seen the car in a while, nice ride, I like it, I really like the color & wheels, since you asked, a little lower would be my preference, if it has enough clearances to not be an issue, maybe an inch front & 2 inches in the rear, still have a rake toward the front... Looks great either way, congrats

Really bummed out right now. All weekend I prepped the Charger for it's maiden voyage dreaming about finally after 10 years going cruising with the kids and then poof...............all gone "Freaking insurance". Here's my situation, current insurance company won't insure the Charger "to valuable", can't switch everything because they are the only ones who will insure our house because of our viscous Rottweiler (big baby) and because of all the money it took to finish + upcoming vacation and the boys birthday coming up I'm flat tapped out meaning I can't afford the whole years premium to start a policy with Haggerty........:eusa_wall: So here we are, Painted, Buffed, aligned, dialed in and no insurance.

that sucks, I hope things will get better soon, good luck, I hate insurance companies legal extortion to me, ya gotta do what ya gotta do thou...

:iamwithstupid: I've been with AAA for like 20 years now, houses, pickups/cars, RV trailer & boat, quad etc., have a agreed value policy with them, limited to 2000 miles a year on my 68 RR, I'm going to take the RR policy over to Haggerty cheaper/better classic car coverage, for the price & less restrictions... Insurance is such a racket

Well, definitely not the end of the world, you got your health, great family and sounds like a fun vacation coming up not to mention your son's birthday. There are lots of peeps that don't have half that and certainly not a totally awesome restored charger sitting in the garage! You could maybe drive around the block and do a burnout or two to take the edge off?? We could start a fund... I could send you like 20 bucks or so, would that help?:hello2:

I have a reduced rate on my Allstate policy because I do not drive the car all the time, only on weekends and such.

Could you talk to your insurance company to see if you could do a part time driver policy or something similair?

Last edited:
Really bummed out right now. All weekend I prepped the Charger for it's maiden voyage dreaming about finally after 10 years going cruising with the kids and then poof...............all gone "Freaking insurance". Here's my situation, current insurance company won't insure the Charger "to valuable", can't switch everything because they are the only ones who will insure our house because of our viscous Rottweiler (big baby) and because of all the money it took to finish + upcoming vacation and the boys birthday coming up I'm flat tapped out meaning I can't afford the whole years premium to start a policy with Haggerty........:eusa_wall: So here we are, Painted, Buffed, aligned, dialed in and no insurance.

That blows! Most dedicated classic car companies like Haggerty require that you have another insured vehichle on a separate policy (as proof that you have a daily driver) because their policies cover the car for a more "occasional style" of driving. With that said though my experience has been the policies are usually relatively cheap and you can pay monthly not all in one shot?? My father in laws 48 Ford 3/4/ ton was appraised aroung 40k and I think his insurance is $60/month. Any recommendations or alternatives in that link I posted earlier?

I'm going to do some checking around and see what I can do but your right MT, I'm a lucky dude regardless. The policies I've been checking into are limited use (winter storage) just no luck yet. Hopefully you'll hear some good news soon but until then I guess I'll just have to break the law cause I can't wait (short little jogs of coarse).

- - - Updated - - -

That blows! Most dedicated classic car companies like Haggerty require that you have another insured vehichle on a separate policy (as proof that you have a daily driver) because their policies cover the car for a more "occasional style" of driving. With that said though my experience has been the policies are usually relatively cheap and you can pay monthly not all in one shot?? My father in laws 48 Ford 3/4/ ton was appraised aroung 40k and I think his insurance is $60/month. Any recommendations or alternatives in that link I posted earlier?

I'm checking into a few from that post right now, thanks Goon.

- - - Updated - - -

that sucks, I hope things will get better soon, good luck, I hate insurance companies legal extortion to me, ya gotta do what ya gotta do thou...

:iamwithstupid: I've been with AAA for like 20 years now, houses, pickups/cars, RV trailer & boat, quad etc., have a agreed value policy with them, limited to 2000 miles a year on my 68 RR, I'm going to take the RR policy over to Haggerty cheaper/better classic car coverage, for the price & less restrictions... Insurance is such a racket

Kinda like OSHA "legalized racketeering if you ask me".

I don't know about Mr. Miyagi but maybe John Holmes would be. It sure feels good (not the stroking) to actually be thinking about driving it after it sitting 10 years.

John Holmes...that's funny

[video=youtube;jIXeiwSa3f4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIXeiwSa3f4&list=PL2B214AAE726D4B0E[/video]

Best of luck on the insurance amigo. Curse of the Charger strikes again!

DAAAAAAMN :eusa_drool: there are few words for how absolutely bad@ss your car came out Devin! The color choices on the grille, flag, body, stripe, the wheel/tire size and fitment, side exhaust, bumper mods, everything looks incredible man, congrats! I'm usually one of the body color bumper naysayers like Lowhound but they definitely look awesome on your car, "coming soon to a mopar mag cover near you"
:eek:ccasion14:

And I agree on dropping the rear a little, maybe an inch in the back and just a hair in the front, but like RRman said it might settle in that much just from a jog around the block. Even as-is the stance is sharp!

When I looked at collector car insurance, pretty much every policy required the car to by stored in a locked garage year round. That is another gotcha you might need to look out for.

Auto Transport Service
Back