• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Almost done wiring, hooked up my turn signals, parking lights and reverse lights and the only issue I had was the front marker lights weren't getting a ground threw the fasteners but once fixed presto "we have lights". I was a bit nervous about it all working seeing how it was a universal kit and it would be hard to tear all the tape off to trace down but thanks to American Autowire for they're labeled wires and so so instructions it all went off without a hitch.:hello2: While at Summit picking up my Optima battery I picked up a master battery disconnect so it can be shut off while sitting and made a bracket for it and the battery (sorry for the dirty pic). Thought I'd show a pic of the cool battery terminal crimper, put your connector in there and whack it. I also soldered it and shrank wrapped it while I was at it. Almost forgot, also picked up these cool weathertight conectors for the exterior wiring. DSCN9263.jpgDSCN9264.jpgDSCN9259.jpgDSCN9265.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Now for the Dumbass attack, yours truly. After a mad dash to get it legal with the lights, belts etc I finally jumped in and headed to the upholstery which when I heard a weird whining noise. Like most I played out all of the senarios in my head, tires rubbing? nah, plenty of clearance, brakes? nope, then it hit me "I never put any oil in the rear end" Dammit. Fortunately the shop is only about a mile away so I might have a total of 2-3 miles on the car with speeds under 35mph, I doubt anything is hurt but if it is who cares, I wasn't liking the 3:55's anyways. Might be switching to 3:23's, I like to cruise and there's a reason I built a big cubic inch motor (to get those high gears moving).

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta admit even for a short drive it was pretty cool seeing people dropping what they were doing to take a second look haha. This is going to be a fun Summer for sure.

looking good 747, i gotta get me one of those battery boxes to. liked how you put the cutoff switch in there. as for the rearend i got a big sign to remind me other wise i wouldve done the same thing. lol

Did the same thing on a custom double t-case set up i built for a off road buggy. Wiped out a thrust washer and gear face in 60 seconds. Not as much metal on metal surface contact hope all is ok in yours. You should road trip to mopars in the park i realy want to see that thing in person. Looking awsome.

Did the same thing on a custom double t-case set up i built for a off road buggy. Wiped out a thrust washer and gear face in 60 seconds. Not as much metal on metal surface contact hope all is ok in yours. You should road trip to mopars in the park i realy want to see that thing in person. Looking awsome.

Well let's just hope that the lack of a thrust washers will be a good thing (nothing but taper bearings) I typically lube things up really good when assembling so let's hope so. I'll have to mapquest it but I bet it's a hell of a drive. Alright, 13hrs is a bit much haha

Looks like your getting close to a everyday ride if wanted! Things really looking good Dev, I hope you get all the little gremlins worked out and i TRULY hope your right about a good summer!! IF it gets here and stays lol, if ya know what i mean... ;)

I caught up on your build today and you're still doing a hell of a job brother .. just as you have all along. Great to see all the progress and you enjoying the build with the little ones .. what a wonderful time for your and the kiddos :)

Also high fives to Kahn for the hood present :) That was cool man

I caught up on your build today and you still doing a hell of a job brother .. just as you have all along. Great to see all the progress and you enjoying the build with the little ones .. what a wonderful time for your and the kiddos :)

Also high fives to Kahn for the hood present :) That was cool man

Yes it was and it's really bugging me that I haven't had the time to install them yet (hopefully soon).

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like your getting close to a everyday ride if wanted! Things really looking good Dev, I hope you get all the little gremlins worked out and i TRULY hope your right about a good summer!! IF it gets here and stays lol, if ya know what i mean... ;)

Boy if that isn't the truth, cold weather forever then a couple beautiful days followed by super hot and humid and now day after day after day of rain and storms, you gotta love this Ohio weather.

- - - Updated - - -

The upholstery shop finished up the headliner as promised yesterday and did a beautiful job (they make the headliners instead of just installing one). I headed to the shop with 3 qts of gear oil and filled the rearend up while they were tying things up, the sky turned black (tornado warnings) I wasted no time and headed down the road enjoying an interior that is one step closer to being done. The rearend ran quite as could be and for the first time I got a little feel for what it was going to be like with everything seaming to be functioning properly. Me Likey, the ride is really nice but you can feel the cracks in the road (nothing harsh or annoying), the seats are the tits, you can't see anything out of that tiny rear view mirror with that fat quarter behind it, I like the shifter, and the exhaust while slowing to a stop is pretty damn loud, the only complaint is it seams to need to be steered quite a bit instead of tracking by itself (might toe it in a fuzz). There's going to be a celebration this weekend because it is now a driver.:headbang:

And here i thought it was just north west pa that had that weather lol.. well im sure some day soon the weather will even out and we both can have some fun! Raining now, again.. a little more and my pond i call a yard should be full!! :) :) :)

Hoping for a video or some updated pics soon brother! Sure hope you're putting some miles on it these days and enjoying the hell out of it!

Congrats on getting it to a driver status Devin. I'm patiently waiting for your walk around video :headbang:.

Sorry guys, a mile long honey do list, working every Sat and typical daily life things are just slowing it down that's all. Still working on it just not much worth posting as of yet but being off till Wed I'm looking forward to making some headway especially Tuesday when nobody is home but me haha. Rear seat belts are in now I'm now fighting the rear panels (I think he has a little to much material on them to fit into the stainless channel) but once they go in then seats and all are going in for the last time. My daughter and I made a trip to Summit today and got the air filter I needed to get the shaker base done, too bad you'll never see it because it's pretty sweet looking. Look for some updates really soon and thanks for checking in guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on getting it to a driver status Devin. I'm patiently waiting for your walk around video :headbang:.

You set the bar pretty high Hunt but I'll try and do you proud.

- - - Updated - - -

Hoping for a video or some updated pics soon brother! Sure hope you're putting some miles on it these days and enjoying the hell out of it!

No miles yet but soon, insurance company insist on me finishing the scoop???????????????? Don't really see the big deal but "whatever"..........I'll make them happy. Hopefully mine will turn out as sweet as yours.

Last edited:
Pretty sure you've already surpassed me in the "sweetness department"!! lol Huge fan of your car!!

Looking forward to you being able to drive and enjoy it! I'm away from mine right now... work sent me to a destination post people would love to come (Bermuda) and everyone laughs at me when I say I just wanna go home to my car!

That's right GOON . . . it's Fer Racin' ! ! ! Have fun in Bermuda ! ! ! ( watch out for the Triangle )

It's been a while since we've went anywhere like that (lucky bum), we honeymooned close to Cancun and then went to Jamaica for my brothers wedding but that's it. Now with the kids we go to the 4X4 beach (Outer Banks NC), since you need 4 wheel drive to get there it doesn't ever seem busy which makes it nice with the kids.

It's been a while since we've went anywhere like that (lucky bum), we honeymooned close to Cancun and then went to Jamaica for my brothers wedding but that's it. Now with the kids we go to the 4X4 beach (Outer Banks NC), since you need 4 wheel drive to get there it doesn't ever seem busy which makes it nice with the kids.

This may sound ungrateful but I'm actually hating it here. This time of year the last thing I want to do is travel beyond that I'm here to work on a very frustrating project and no-one works past 2:30 so I have huge times alone with nothing to do and the island isn't easy to get around (unless you rent a scooter but I'm too scaredass because they drive on the other side of the road) I'm bored out of my mind and want to go home! lol

Here's the final fix for the front seat belts. The buckles were way to far back so I made this bracket that goes under the carpet to move the hole forward and still use the factory location. I think I'll have the upholstery shop make a boot to slip over the reels on the floor??? DSCN9326.jpgDSCN9347.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the progress on the interior. The first night was a failure, spent all night coating the insides of the quarter window area with Por 15 then coating the crap out of it with rubberized undercoating (sound deadening). When I finally got to the panels they fought me and wouldn't go in. The next night I found the problem, the upholstery shop made the area that slips into the stainless trim to thick. I pealed the cover back, trimmed a 1/2 of the padding off and re-glued "walla". Don't know how good this will work but I was looking for something to seal the area up like the thick plastic they used when I saw this, it's the same thing they wrap things in for packaging and Detroit Muscle uses to make allot of the body gaskets out of "I think it's an upgrade myself".DSCN9364 - Copy.jpgDSCN9365.jpgDSCN9366 - Copy.jpgDSCN9371 - Copy.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's something I like to do with just about everything, I keep some Butyl Rubber in a ribbon laying around and use it to eliminate rattles by putting it on most fasteners (works great for sealing exterior screw holes when put on the threads). The other pic is the culprit for all of my headaches with getting the rear quarter window adjusted properly. I used a bolt about a 1/4 to long and the window was stopping at the bolt instead of hitting the actual stop (always something simple). If your rubber is missing from your stops I found stretching radiator hose over it works great.DSCN9351.jpgDSCN9353.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the beginning of the scoop tray which will likely go in the trash. After starting it and looking at it I was happy with the 14" air filter (to close to the edges of the opening and just didn't look right). After some looking I found this duel quad filter from Edelbrock that had just the right dimensions. I made an aluminum plate and bolted it over the one hole and sealed it up, with this on I'm thinking about ditching the 1" carb spacer to lower the filter and then just fastening the shaker base to it. Wow!! this is one nice stout filter and I'm not embarrassed having it hanging out for now. DSCN9374.jpgDSCN9375.jpgDSCN9406.jpgDSCN9361.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN9370 - Copy.jpg
    DSCN9370 - Copy.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 234
Today was a great day, my sons 6th birthday. Everyone showed up, kids had a blast and the food was great "perfect". Anticipating my brother in law wanting a ride I busted but to finish things up so it would e ready and ride we did, it drove very nice but still has that miss. After coming home I shut it off and was done when my cousin (down syndrome) and my Aunt came out and said they wanted a ride (I'm puzzled because they're not into cars). So they hop in and down the driveway we go, she's smiling ear to ear and yelling "YEE HAW"!!!!!! Laughing my but off I ask her "do you know what kind of car this is"? and she replies "IT'S THE GENERAL LEE NOW LET'S GO BO"!!!! It never dawned on me that she remembered all of those years of watching the Dukes of Hazzard with us at my grandma's and now she was going for a ride in one, really made my day to put that big smile on her face and it stayed on there for a while. Finally after the day was over I jump in the Charger to take it back to the garage when it dawned on me "this is a driver now" I detoured the garage and went cruising. Now that's something to be happy about after 10 years. The scoop is on the backburner again, gonna focus on the miss and finishing the interior for now besides it looks kinda cool now. Oh yeah, almost forgot that when we pulled out on the road for our first cruise in an area where there are NO Mopars running around we happened to pull out right behind a 1969 Coronet "what's the odds"?????DSCN9408.jpgDSCN9409.jpg

Sounds like you had a great day all around. Charger looks good even without the scoop. How soon before you fill-in that empty circle on the back?

Auto Transport Service
Back