• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Sounds like you had a great day all around. Charger looks good even without the scoop. How soon before you fill-in that empty circle on the back?

Funny you should ask...........I got sick of looking at it too and finally wrapped it up and put the Coyote on there tonight but didn't have my camera. I'll take a new pic tomorrow.

Sounds like a great day! Good to here she's reached "Driving" status. Now for chasing all those little gremlins...fun fun. At least you can enjoy the car in the meantime.

I'm almost positive that I've found the problem causing the miss, the button inside the distributor cap is broken off and only contacting on a small portion of the sharp edge left by the break. Looking at the rotor you can see a very small half moon shiny spot where it's rubbing and then a bunch of carbon from the arching. Of coarse there has to be bad news too, remember me looking for the rear window trim bottom and corners? I started to install the trim today and thought it wasn't even going to go on but finally removed the trunk lid where I could put some leverage on it and got it to finally start snapping down until I got to the corners. They just didn't match the shape of the window and after looking at them closer he sent me 2 right side corners :angryfire:. This was a big disappointment because I filled the bottom of my window channel with butyl so water couldn't lay in there and really wanted that nasty crap all covered up. Anybody know where I can get a left corner because I now have 3 for the right.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a great day! Good to here she's reached "Driving" status. Now for chasing all those little gremlins...fun fun. At least you can enjoy the car in the meantime.

I'm enjoying working on the car now, I go to the garage dressed in nice clothes and my nice comfy shoes and come home nice and clean. Not that I'm a wussy but years of coming home covered in sanding dust, grinding burns, oil, grease, paint, weld spatter, sealers and who knows what else it's just really nice to just polish some trim and bolt things together. Went out again today for another cruise, I think I can get used to this haha.

I WANT VIDEO!!!

:headbang:

"Seriously" you want a video of a Charger that misses???????????? I'm fairly confident that I'll have it straightened out soon and will get your video but it must be nice and at least appearing to be done.

"Seriously" you want a video of a Charger that misses???????????? I'm fairly confident that I'll have it straightened out soon and will get your video but it must be nice and at least appearing to be done.

You'll get it Dev!! NEVER get excited man, brings bad health :)

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, You arent as old as me... I HOPE! BUT, check this out, i listen to it all the time IF im in my shop, car, wifes car ect... and you should get it with no problem! :) Click listen live!

http://www.magicoldies1025.com/2012Magic1025/main.php

Plenty of time for a video brother! Get everything the way you want it and we'll be patiently waiting! Just keep us posted along the way because this has been one helluva build to watch!

You'll get it Dev!! NEVER get excited man, brings bad health :)

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, You arent as old as me... I HOPE! BUT, check this out, i listen to it all the time IF im in my shop, car, wifes car ect... and you should get it with no problem! :) Click listen live!

http://www.magicoldies1025.com/2012Magic1025/main.php

I'm pretty good at staying positive as long as I'm not at work haha. Thanks for the link, I may not be to old (38) but I have a playlist on my I Pod called Oldies that I've got music like Spencer Davis "gimme some lovin", Rascals, Temptations, Chuck Berry, CCR, Del Shannon and many more on. Really good music to work to and good lyrics unlike allot of the trash today.

I'm pretty good at staying positive as long as I'm not at work haha. Thanks for the link, I may not be to old (38) but I have a playlist on my I Pod called Oldies that I've got music like Spencer Davis "gimme some lovin", Rascals, Temptations, Chuck Berry, CCR, Del Shannon and many more on. Really good music to work to and good lyrics unlike allot of the trash today.

You're closer to my age than I thought Devin, I'll be 36 in August

I've figured out how to do my lowering blocks so they should go on tomorrow (1" lower).

- - - Updated - - -

You're closer to my age than I thought Devin, I'll be 36 in August

Maybe that's why the common taste in cars???????????????? Dammit "I'm older".

"Dammit "I'm older"

Just yesterday i thought i was around your age... Then i woke up to the reality. enjoy now cause it disappears in a way no-one can explain and all of a sudden.... you wake up and the reality slaps ya hard :)

1" lowering blocks installed, I think it might be just right for me now. It was dark when I got done plus rained all day so I'll post as soon as I can. I think the miss might be fixed and all because I'm an idiot, I've developed a bad habit of timing by ear which is a habit broken now. What started this habit was when I would put together a motor (modified) then grab the manual and proceed to set the timing but like most modified motors they would never run right on the factory setting so I'd just dial them in by ear and they always ran great (not the Charger). We'll see tomorrow

HAHA.... 39 here, and for me it's Euro-Electronic-Dance/Club music... it's the after-effect of working in endurance sportscar racing (24hrs Daytona, 12 hrs sebring, 24 hrs of LeMans). Everyone listens to it. I don't even notice it there most of the time, but I can't really focus without it...

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's what it looks like with another inch in the rear and the Coyote installed. Picked my boy up from school today and no misses, runs great and has a nice healthy rumble to it now. Sweet, a little more finessing and it will be time to hammer on it.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpg

very nice 747, that looks awesome. i bet the kids where cheesing when you picked them up in the 747 machine. once again it looks awesome, nice job. i like it lowered like you got too.

Thanks Charlie, I put a WTB add up for the missing piece and somebody offered to trade me my 2 extras for the one I need "no brainer". I have to straighten one out first but should have them mailed out Mon. Thanks for the nod of approval, I'm pretty happy with the way it came out but I really need drop spindles bad! I looked under it today and there's not much travel left.

- - - Updated - - -

very nice 747, that looks awesome. i bet the kids where cheesing when you picked them up in the 747 machine. once again it looks awesome, nice job. i like it lowered like you got too.

Thanks USA, looking forward to seeing your Bird on the road ASAP cause it's gonna be one wicked ride.

Auto Transport Service
Back