• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Looking great Devin. Glad you got the miss figured out. Now get out a pen and paper and start your X-mas list. #1 - a nice digital timing light that measures advance lol.

It's gonna be hard giving up the old hand me down chrome plated Penske, works like a charm. I don't really need one anyways, I was smart enough to put a timing tape on the balancer while I was degreeing the cam. Not home yet, got allot of tuning to do still but definitely a step forward.

MAN she's looking mean!!! The 1" drop and the coyote graphic added to the stripe are perfect! I'm with Charlie on this one, "Jealous!" :icon_thumleft:

And sounds about right with the remaining travel, Mike Musto said Mr.Angry sits right above the bump stops lol can't wait to hear/see how the "spirited driving" goes too, bet those tires will get well broken in when the time comes

Nice work Devin. You did a great job man. You should be proud, especially with all the hurdles you tackled along the way. Great to see another Charger saved and I hope it puts a smile on your face every time you're behind that wheel. Have fun!

Alrighty, time for the good news...............who am I kidding this is freaking awesome news!!!! As you know I've been putting some miles on the Charger and tinkering with getting the power I think it should have out of it. Today I ivited my buddy out for some serious garage thrashing and here's what we learned and changed. After playing with the timing we settled on 16 degree's initial and 36 total all in @ 2,500 (don't know if it's optimal yet but without getting into the distributor that seemed like a good compromise between the 2). We then drove it a few miles (kinda happy), it ran a little smoother but still felt like a cat with it's tail tucked between it's legs. Feeing pretty good about the timing we checked the plugs (very lean), after some reading I decided that the 4.5 power valve (I have 10 lbs at idle in gear @ 750 rpm) was probably not richening the mixture soon enough and went to a 6.5. The next drive resulted in a dramatic difference in how smooth the motor sounded while cruising but still kinda cowardly feeling. With the plugs still reading lean we pulled the .78 mains out and jumped to .82s, big improvement "now you Chevies need to take notice". Plugs still reading lean we decide we would rather be jetting down from a rich mixture than up for safety reasons and jump up to 88s. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it pulls HARD, this thing just turned into an animal with the extra fuel going in. We were both cheering, hooting and hollering as it pulled hard threw 2nd gear, man what a difference "this Mopar ain't tucking it's tail no more". Here's all of our findings, all cylinders tested at 155-160 cranking psi which is good for pump gas, with the new settings it's @ 10 lbs of vacuum while idling at 750 rpm in gear, 7 psi of fuel pressure, no vacuum leaks found, and it wanted more. Plugs are getting black around the rim but still lean on the tang but there's no denying that it wanted fed and could still use more. Another day.

Alright 747Mopar . . . That's what I'm talking about ! ! ! Great news ! ! !

Give it the GO-GO juice and the thing wants to GO now ! ! !

Absolutely I've been pumping myself up for the moment I finally felt the power of this 456 since I first started bolting it together and have been nothing but disappointed up until now. In true Charger fashion "nothing will come easily".

Absolutely I've been pumping myself up for the moment I finally felt the power of this 456 since I first started bolting it together and have been nothing but disappointed up until now. In true Charger fashion "nothing will come easily".

Tower to 747 Mopar . . . you are ready for departure on runway 20 - have a great flight ! ! !

Now we're going to see this . . .

sm_donuts.jpg

Alrighty, time for the good news...............who am I kidding this is freaking awesome news!!!! As you know I've been putting some miles on the Charger and tinkering with getting the power I think it should have out of it. Today I ivited my buddy out for some serious garage thrashing and here's what we learned and changed. After playing with the timing we settled on 16 degree's initial and 36 total all in @ 2,500 (don't know if it's optimal yet but without getting into the distributor that seemed like a good compromise between the 2). We then drove it a few miles (kinda happy), it ran a little smoother but still felt like a cat with it's tail tucked between it's legs. Feeing pretty good about the timing we checked the plugs (very lean), after some reading I decided that the 4.5 power valve (I have 10 lbs at idle in gear @ 750 rpm) was probably not richening the mixture soon enough and went to a 6.5. The next drive resulted in a dramatic difference in how smooth the motor sounded while cruising but still kinda cowardly feeling. With the plugs still reading lean we pulled the .78 mains out and jumped to .82s, big improvement "now you Chevies need to take notice". Plugs still reading lean we decide we would rather be jetting down from a rich mixture than up for safety reasons and jump up to 88s. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it pulls HARD, this thing just turned into an animal with the extra fuel going in. We were both cheering, hooting and hollering as it pulled hard threw 2nd gear, man what a difference "this Mopar ain't tucking it's tail no more". Here's all of our findings, all cylinders tested at 155-160 cranking psi which is good for pump gas, with the new settings it's @ 10 lbs of vacuum while idling at 750 rpm in gear, 7 psi of fuel pressure, no vacuum leaks found, and it wanted more. Plugs are getting black around the rim but still lean on the tang but there's no denying that it wanted fed and could still use more. Another day.

Devin, what a great feeling! something you have put that much work into, you deserve it.

Dude, those pics are some of the most down right badass Dodge Charger pics on the net.

I am really jealous of that exhaust - Amazing craftsmanship!

Reading this you know I just had to say it..... "FER RACIN'!!!!!!!!"

LMAO, Of coarse it's "FER RACIN" why else would I care how fast it is.

Well since Goon didn't say it yet..

VIIIIIIDEEEEEEOOOOOOO!!!

Lol congrats on getting the power cranking, can't wait to see it laying some rubber!

Well since Goon didn't say it yet..

VIIIIIIDEEEEEEOOOOOOO!!!

Lol congrats on getting the power cranking, can't wait to see it laying some rubber!

Going to try real soon, right now the wife is getting pretty sick of the Charger so I'll wait till she's not home to do it haha (tomorrow maybe). Can't promise I'll get it up tomorrow because of my computer illiteracy, it will likely be a challenge for me to figure it out even though I've done it once before. No burn outs, I won't have any help so it will have to be a simple one for now but once I have someone to do the video I will (plus I need to bump up the squirters to rid it of a slight hesitation).

Going to try real soon, right now the wife is getting pretty sick of the Charger so I'll wait till she's not home to do it haha (tomorrow maybe). Can't promise I'll get it up tomorrow because of my computer illiteracy, it will likely be a challenge for me to figure it out even though I've done it once before. No burn outs, I won't have any help so it will have to be a simple one for now but once I have someone to do the video I will (plus I need to bump up the squirters to rid it of a slight hesitation).

With all the ingenuity you've shown during the build you're gonna use the lame excuse about not having anyone to hold the camera? Here are some ideas for you:

1) get that "non-welding" magician of a father to make you a titanium mount
2) grab one of the kids, gag them so as not to make noise over the engine, and have them hold the camera
3) be like any typical guy, grab some duct tape, and secure the camera to anything
4) remove the ahhhhh-ooooohhh-gaahhh horns and zip tie the camera to the now vacant mount. If there is no mount refer to suggestion #1

So, how about that video, LOL!

Such a sweet, sweet car and so well deserved.

With all the ingenuity you've shown during the build you're gonna use the lame excuse about not having anyone to hold the camera? Here are some ideas for you:

1) get that "non-welding" magician of a father to make you a titanium mount
2) grab one of the kids, gag them so as not to make noise over the engine, and have them hold the camera
3) be like any typical guy, grab some duct tape, and secure the camera to anything
4) remove the ahhhhh-ooooohhh-gaahhh horns and zip tie the camera to the now vacant mount. If there is no mount refer to suggestion #1

So, how about that video, LOL!

Such a sweet, sweet car and so well deserved.

LMAO, Dads out of the question during the week (work opposite shifts) and I'm planning on using the I Pad for the video which is kinda hard to mount to anything. I do have a video recorder but you have to fill the whole disc then burn it before you can use it, maybe you can plug it into the computer and download???????????? In the future though I plan on borrowing a friends Go Pro, I just can't decide between mounting it facing the rear tire and exhaust or in front of the windshield looking at the shaker scoop. Maybe a vote is in order, I like the scoop idea so you can have a better view of the trip and of coarse the shaking. The gagging won't be necessary, it's not exactly quite. Glad you like it Carnage.

Auto Transport Service
Back