• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Absolutely love what you have done. The flag on the hood is incredible. My 68 is almost done. If I had the forethought I would have stole your idea and done the same. I will drive mine for a few years and it will by my son's car. He is an Army Ranger and would have freaked out with that on the hood. We will just enjoy yours. BTW my car sounds very similar to yours, dig that tone.

If you weren't in California I'd volunteer to put it on there for him, it would be great to be able to return the favor in whatever way I could. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent! Very Awesome vid. Thanks for sharing

No problem Prop, I think your the one that's responsible for everyone insisting on videos now haha. It is nice to see and hear them on video though, seems a little more true to what they are rather then pics of this and that. Glad you liked it Prop

[video=youtube_share;qxLSNUh4weQ]http://youtu.be/qxLSNUh4weQ[/video]

Very very cool looking and sounding machine, man, you guys in Ohio are something building those bad boys... I truly hope you have a ball in that ride, you went thru a lot to get her here, ENJOY Dev!!!!!

Well the window guy came yesterday, after telling him about Hunts nightmare he didn't want to continue coming back so he pulled the windshield and filled the windshield groove with liquid butyl. As he left he said "I'll be amazed if that leaks" so wanting to get my trim on I dumped some water on it and took an air nozzle to it and walla............... IT STILL FREAKIN LEAKS.

The air cleaner not setting in the center of the hood bugs me. I've seen others make a spacer that fits on top of the carb and positions the air cleaner in the center.

RU gonna be in St. Marys Ohio next weekend for the all Mopar show?

Benji

Well the window guy came yesterday, after telling him about Hunts nightmare he didn't want to continue coming back so he pulled the windshield and filled the windshield groove with liquid butyl. As he left he said "I'll be amazed if that leaks" so wanting to get my trim on I dumped some water on it and took an air nozzle to it and walla............... IT STILL FREAKIN LEAKS.

Oh boy that Charger curse just can't leave us alone, can it? I was wondering what you were referring to when you said liquid butyl - sounds thin. If you pull it out again, try that 3M stuff I used. It was recommended by several older guys/shops to me.

The air cleaner not setting in the center of the hood bugs me. I've seen others make a spacer that fits on top of the carb and positions the air cleaner in the center.

RU gonna be in St. Marys Ohio next weekend for the all Mopar show?

Benji

If it was staying that way I'd do something about it but I'll be building a shaker scoop for it and you'll never see the filter. I can cock it sideways so when the scoop is done it will appear to be centered when looking threw the front. I'll be on vacation so no I won't be there, where's is at?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh boy that Charger curse just can't leave us alone, can it? I was wondering what you were referring to when you said liquid butyl - sounds thin. If you pull it out again, try that 3M stuff I used. It was recommended by several older guys/shops to me.

It's probably the same stuff your talking about, he just refers to the Butyl in the caulking tube as liquid the other being the stuff that comes in a ribbon. I'm thinking about fixing it myself because I'm getting sick of waiting.

The stuff I am referring to does not harden, but stays soft to allow for the flexing that takes place on these cars. It is not a butyl or urethane, and actually reminds me of roofing tar somewhat.

The stuff I am referring to does not harden, but stays soft to allow for the flexing that takes place on these cars. It is not a butyl or urethane, and actually reminds me of roofing tar somewhat.

I'll have to check into it but this stuff stays soft too, I don't think he got enough in there because I can see it around most of the window but not where it's leaking. You were right about one thing "this is the most poorly designed window frame I've ever seen". Just a few little tabs to hold the bottom?? Good news is I don't drive it in the rain so unless I get got in it I can just keep enjoying it until he or I get it sealed.

I hope you can get the problem resolved there Dev! I call my 73 a DD but i wont take it out of here unless the roads are dry, dust is one thing but mud is another, To be honest my windshield wiper arm fell off inside there and if i get caught in the rain, im in a little bit of a problem lol...

I finally got to meet Kahn today, we're vacationing in NC and invited him down for the day. We had the best waves all week today so we had a good time boogy boarding and got to chit chat quite a bit. Just like here on FBBO he is an extremely likable guy and pretty laid back. Thanks for stopping by Kahn. Because he said he doesn't like his pic posted Ill just put this one on and leave it at that (we are both in the pic but who is who?) image.jpg

Last edited:
I finally got to meet Kahn today, we're vacationing in NC and invited him down for the day. We had the best waves all week today so we had a good time boogy boarding and got to chit chat quite a bit. Just like here on FBBO he is an extremely likable guy and pretty laid back. Thanks for stopping by Kahn. Because he said he doesn't like his pic posted Ill just put this one on and leave it at that (we are both in the pic but who is who?)View attachment 193169

That's awesome!!

I finally got to meet Kahn today, we're vacationing in NC and invited him down for the day. We had the best waves all week today so we had a good time boogy boarding and got to chit chat quite a bit. Just like here on FBBO he is an extremely likable guy and pretty laid back. Thanks for stopping by Kahn. Because he said he doesn't like his pic posted Ill just put this one on and leave it at that (we are both in the pic but who is who?)View attachment 193169

Doesn"t matter, Looks like a few Aces havin a ball! Good to hear of all the fun and meeting the man of mystery!

I keep forgetting to post these pics for anybody thinking about making some lowering blocks. These are scrap pieces of aluminum that I had laying around so that's the reason for the extra holes. The only real thing I did different is made a slug that slips into the block, reason being I wanted a quick bolt in block that wouldn't require putting a longer stud in the leaf. The slug just has a hole for the current locator stud to slip into and then a locator stud the exact same size as the original turned down on the other end. This saves allot of time and material being able to just machine a small piece and then slip it in.DSCN9414.jpgDSCN9415.jpgDSCN9413.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

After getting home from vacation last night at 7:00 it took me about 2 hours to find my way into the garage haha, I was itching to dirty up my clean hands from a week at the beach. Since my car is finally close to done and on it's full driving weight I wanted to finally tie the subframe connectors into the crossmember. I had to do a little grinding to get the plates to fit in between and then cut the plates to fit around some obstacles then it was time to burn the in. Seeind how the exhaust is bolted to these welding them up solid took some of the exhaust drone out of the car which was nice.DSCN9616.jpgDSCN9614.jpgDSCN9615.jpg

Finally got my door panels on today and what do ya know.........it got even quieter inside. The interior drone is now where I like it, enough to poof your chest up but not enough to give you a headache.:headbang: I'm pretty happy now but still have a bug to work out, even with it running as good as it is now it sounds like it's getting a big gasp of air (no fuel) while cruising around town??? Best way to explain it is it's like shutting the fuel (or ignition) off for a split second and then turning it back on (It seamed worse today with the hotter temps too).

Finally got my door panels on today and what do ya know.........it got even quieter inside. The interior drone is now where I like it, enough to poof your chest up but not enough to give you a headache.:headbang: I'm pretty happy now but still have a bug to work out, even with it running as good as it is now it sounds like it's getting a big gasp of air (no fuel) while cruising around town??? Best way to explain it is it's like shutting the fuel (or ignition) off for a split second and then turning it back on (It seamed worse today with the hotter temps too).

With these scorching temps and humidity that we've been seeing here 747 Mopar - I feel like I run out of gas for an instant too at times . . . GASP ! ! !

I know you'll track down the cause of your studder . . . can't wait to see that car in person ! !!

Another funny thing happened today, when I was building the car (still am) I would run into one of the black boys I went to school with every once in awhile and he always asked about the Charger. I promised him a ride when it was done so today I was out enjoying the fruits of my labor and passed him (he was really eyeballing the car) so I stopped and waived him in "no way bro, this is the car you've been working on"?. I told him "what are ya waiting on "I promised you a ride" I took it out of town and let it rip, he was cracking me up "this bi%$& is hot bro", "Whoaaaaaaaaa now that's was up" "Damn". It was a pretty comical ride for sure but he always was a pretty funny guy.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been slipping on the music video's but thought this one was perfect. For those of you still in the trenches building your cars this song describes the sensation of driving a classic Mopar haha.[video=youtube_share;-eSN8Cwit_s]http://youtu.be/-eSN8Cwit_s[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, for those of you older guys that don't know who this is it's Mark Walberg (stars in Lone Survivor and many other movies). That's right, he started out as Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.

Another funny thing happened today, when I was building the car (still am) I would run into one of the black boys I went to school with every once in awhile and he always asked about the Charger. I promised him a ride when it was done so today I was out enjoying the fruits of my labor and passed him (he was really eyeballing the car) so I stopped and waived him in "no way bro, this is the car you've been working on"?. I told him "what are ya waiting on "I promised you a ride" I took it out of town and let it rip, he was cracking me up "this bi%$& is hot bro", "Whoaaaaaaaaa now that's was up" "Damn". It was a pretty comical ride for sure but he always was a pretty funny guy.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been slipping on the music video's but thought this one was perfect. For those of you still in the trenches building your cars this song describes the sensation of driving a classic Mopar haha.[video=youtube_share;-eSN8Cwit_s]http://youtu.be/-eSN8Cwit_s[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, for those of you older guys that don't know who this is it's Mark Walberg (stars in Lone Survivor and many other movies). That's right, he started out as Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.

Just when I think I've got your musical tastes figured out you whip out Markey Mark and the Funky Bunch!!!!! LOL RESPECT

Just when I think I've got your musical tastes figured out you whip out Markey Mark and the Funky Bunch!!!!! LOL RESPECT

LOL, I think you pretty much have me figured out but I do make a few exceptions. O.K maybe this is a better one for you guys still hard at it.[video=youtube_share;uIXV0cir4-E]http://youtu.be/uIXV0cir4-E[/video]

Auto Transport Service
Back