• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Sometimes i think its like a magic ride building these cars... ;)

[video=youtube;EEEzbFxEbB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEEzbFxEbB8[/video]

What a good day!!!! Woke up this morning to my daughter asking me if I was ready to go to the Summit Fair (Summit Racing puts on a nice show there) "heck yeah I'm ready". I had invited a couple buddies that all ended up coming so all 7 seats in the Aspen got used with 4 kids and 3 adults, weather was cool and plenty for the little ones to enjoy. They had freestyle MXers doing Backflips, Supermans, Indian Air Seat Grabs and everything else and then there was the Trick Flow Monster Truck crushing cars and flinging mud everywhere on top of that so the kids were well taken care of. I went up wanting to get the last few needed parts to really start driving the Charger (headlights and speedo sender) and was able to do it all right there at the show. I took them in an add where someone else was selling the AutoMeter GPS sendor for $169.00 instead of they're $215.00 and not only did they beat it they took the 10% show special off on top of that, one of the vendors had some really nice Halogen conversion lights as well so I picked them up too with the discount and free shipping. Now that's a good day and all toped off with a stop at ROCKNE'S for some good grub. Parts should be here Tuesday, until then I'm going to try and make some progress on the scoop.

FINALLY, started the hood scoop today. This thing has been like the proverbial unicorn, seemed like there was always something keeping me from getting it started. Here's the start, I liked Speedy's idea with going with a Dodge look so I modeled mine after the Challenger T/A. I'm making it out of Cherry only because I had of rough chunk laying around, it's easy to work with and I was afraid that if I used foam it would break around the scoop inlets. It's made in many pieces so once I cover it in plastic and fiberglass it I will be able to remove one piece at a time making it allot easier. DSCN9617.jpgDSCN9618.jpgDSCN9621.jpgDSCN9623.jpgDSCN9624.jpg

I think I've decided on the paint job for it as well, I'm going to paint it flat black then mask it off and hit it with some of that textured flat black. I think it will look really cool being all flat black but still having the flag continuing onto it or it will look like chit and I'll have to repaint it. Still might do some more shaping on it like lowering the rear if there's room.

- - - Updated - - -

That's some serious talent there!!! I'm impressed!

Haha, wish you were here for the process because it's quite crude. Make plywood template, saw profile out on band saw, go to town with the hand held power planer, belt sand contours and router the inlets out. It was all just hogging off the wood, no real talent needed but thanks for the vote of confidence.

I think its going to look great, and i don't know Dev, I do believe you have more talent then you think man :)

SWEET ! ! ! Really like the shape and style of the scoop so far . . . I'm sure it's going to turn out AWESOME ! !

WOW! very impressive looking graet can't wait to see the finished product. You do not give yourself nearly the credit you are due so we will have to do it for you. GREAT JOB!!

Can't wait to see the scoop. If it turns out half as good as what you whittled, its going to look incredible. Good work dude.

That sure is pretty slick man. Off the wall..Off the charts and just plain kick ***! Looking forward to the end product.

More freakin problems, kids and I were out cruising AGAIN when the Charger really started blubbering and nearly died but it didn't and I got home. Every since it's gotten hot out it's been a pain to start and restarting has been unpredictable but always starts so I'm suspecting the fuel is getting hot. I ordered a 1/2 thick Mr Gasket heat dissapater (I think Prop used this) and some fire proof insulation for the fuel lines so hopefully it helps. Got my Auto Meter GPS unit for the Speedometer today and guess what it says on the back of the antenna MADE IN "WE MAKE NOTHING BUT CRAP" CHINA, Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. But in all honesty it looks really good, is super simple to wire and since my Speedo is the same make it's plug and play with no calibration required. Headlights should be here tomorrow.

That sure is pretty slick man. Off the wall..Off the charts and just plain kick ***! Looking forward to the end product.

Hell ya, just paint that block of wood black, glue it on and call it good!

Seriously, that is an awesome concept, I really like the shape.

NICE

Hope you get it fixed Dev! I have been having the same problem with my 73 and the other day i think i found its problem, it has several right now but i went to rev it up by hand under the hood and ill be, the left side of the carb jiggled and i found my bolts are stripped in that 30 + year old Eddy transula, They don't make anything to last do they! lol. Anyway that's where i stand, everything being new on yours i don't think you have the same problem but this made me think of mine and right now its parked in my yard as im to busy with some other things i really need to do.. Good luck, i know you'll get it!

00.jpg

01.jpg

Well, There's other things that need done, The Wheelhorse there with a flat tire and new chains i need on it is one of many but Gabby and the kite was a must, just wish i had more and better pictures of Gabby flying her kite, I helped some00.jpg and then she RAN with it!

Yeap, you've got to have fun with the little ones. Putting smiles on those little faces tends to go along way with creating happiness for everyone. Get that 73 fixed and take her out for ice cream, gotta start em young.

Quick as i can bud! Sue and I were planning on just that, the same place all us guys would meet with our girls and cars is still there and open, Thats where we want to take her, shes a little young but were going to tell her how old that place is and what it was to us so many years ago! She will like it regardless... ICE CREAM lol...

I think that hood scoop would look awesome (and VERY different) if you just spray it clear. It will age out to a dark orangeish brown that will look cool against the orange of your car.. Take a scrap of cherry that has aged and see how it would look. You probably know what I mean about the aging on Cherry. I was actually blown away that you used cherry wood to begin with!

I think that hood scoop would look awesome (and VERY different) if you just spray it clear. It will age out to a dark orangeish brown that will look cool against the orange of your car.. Take a scrap of cherry that has aged and see how it would look. You probably know what I mean about the aging on Cherry. I was actually blown away that you used cherry wood to begin with!

The Cherry is just for the mold/template for Fibreglass Darius.

747 I like your idea of the flat/black textured black. Since it is a restomod I think it would also look amazing with a Carbon Fibre look. Either way as always you are talking down your skills... I'm pretty sure there isn't even a handful of guys here that could create a mold that nice out of cherry

Like Goon said it is just a mold but I agree it would look kinda cool but unfortunetly wood wiil shrink, swell and eventually crack under the heat conditions and is just a nightmare to upkeep when in the elements. I work at a samill so I have tons of lumber laying around, once they get to the center of a log it's cut into low quality blocking (3X6) for pallets so it's really cheap lumber to have laying around.

If you insulate your fuel line from the tank forward that also helps. If you've got headers it really heats up underneath!

Auto Transport Service
Back