• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

The burnt orange Chevelle was built by a 25 year old kid, he said he did all the body work except paint (impressive). It's got a 400hp 383 crate motor in it, very nice but it's a just another Chevelle with yet another 383 haha. Sorry, just sick of Chevelle's and 383s (there were probably 4 at this little show alone). I am definitely enjoying the hell out if Prop

Would a 22 year old with a twin turbo 454 '67 be worth a couple more cool points? -Hint, hint- haha

Cool to see you get going on the shaker Dev, and that Dodge T/A direction will come out looking mean I bet! Even without it your car is an instant standout in those car show pics. Looking awesome man and glad to hear you're having a good Independece Day weekend! :icon_thumleft:

Would a 22 year old with a twin turbo 454 '67 be worth a couple more cool points? -Hint, hint- haha

Cool to see you get going on the shaker Dev, and that Dodge T/A direction will come out looking mean I bet! Even without it your car is an instant standout in those car show pics. Looking awesome man and glad to hear you're having a good Independece Day weekend! :icon_thumleft:

I don't think you need anymore cool points Speedy..........Your doing a pretty good job of impressing us all already but yeah it might get you a few more.:yourock:

My Dad at it again. I was looking at the Charger trying to figure out what to do with the radiator for an overflow tank so it would quit puking antifreeze when he walked in "whatcha doin"? I told him I needed a tank and of coarse he says "give me a pattern and some dimensions" here's the finished product. It's stainless, has a big cap, bottom inlet, top overflow drain and it bolts right to the original holes. Pretty awesome I think. DSCN9651.jpgDSCN9652.jpgDSCN9653.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention we put 250 miles on the Charger this weekend and not so much as a hiccup well the thermostat did stick once (I'm trashing it for a better one).

My Dad at it again. I was looking at the Charger trying to figure out what to do with the radiator for an overflow tank so it would quit puking antifreeze when he walked in "whatcha doin"? I told him I needed a tank and of coarse he says "give me a pattern and some dimensions" here's the finished product. It's stainless, has a big cap, bottom inlet, top overflow drain and it bolts right to the original holes. Pretty awesome I think. View attachment 197658

Your dad is amazing . . . that is, by far, the coolest looking overflow tank that I've ever seen ! ! ! Your dad hit it out of the ballpark with that one ! !

Looks great 747Mopar . . .

From the looks of it, your amazing fabrication abilities are genetic , from your dad. Beautiful job for sure. Every piece of that car has been massaged, customized or tweaked. You should be extremely proud!
My Dad at it again. I was looking at the Charger trying to figure out what to do with the radiator for an overflow tank so it would quit puking antifreeze when he walked in "whatcha doin"? I told him I needed a tank and of coarse he says "give me a pattern and some dimensions" here's the finished product. It's stainless, has a big cap, bottom inlet, top overflow drain and it bolts right to the original holes. Pretty awesome I think. View attachment 197658View attachment 197659View attachment 197660

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention we put 250 miles on the Charger this weekend and not so much as a hiccup well the thermostat did stick once (I'm trashing it for a better one).

Thanks guys, glad you like it because I sure do and yes he is really good but as far as the genetics go I wish the apple fell a little closer to the tree in my case haha. I'm not trying to downplay myself he's just wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy smarter than I ever will be. More progress to report, a trip to my buddies house landed me my missing rear view mirror (already painted and installed) and a set of original stainless wiper arms for a grand total of $20.00. With everything coming together it was time to put that damn windshield leak to rest once in for all, I really don't understand why the glass guy didn't do what I did because it was so easy and I'll almost guarantee it will never leak now. I just unzipped the seal, cut the tip where it was really small (butyl rubber in a caulking tube), pulled the seal back to where I could get the tip all the way down in the bottom, put a bead all the way around and zipped it back up. Once I had the seal locked back together I went around and added more anywhere it didn't squirt out. Clean up was a pain but it's done, now I'll finish polishing the windshield trim and wipers arms and install them as well. Hopefully I'll be back to the scoop soon.

Racking up some miles and finishing some "fix's".. Sounds like its coming your way good now, All the future things will be part of the "Its my toy" thing.. Got to love it when there done, driving them but just like anything, they do keep us busy! Good to see it coming your way and enjoying her Dev!! :)

that overflow tank looks like you bought it as a set with your radiator.

Another update, windshield trim and wipers finally on plus I fixed a little issue in the shifter too (shifts smooth as butter now).

- - - Updated - - -

Racking up some miles and finishing some "fix's".. Sounds like its coming your way good now, All the future things will be part of the "Its my toy" thing.. Got to love it when there done, driving them but just like anything, they do keep us busy! Good to see it coming your way and enjoying her Dev!! :)
This being my first true muscle car and a Charger at that you bet I'm enjoying the hell out of it. The kids I think are liking being hauled everywhere in it too.

Sharp looking overflow man! Glad to hear you and your kids are enjoying your first muscle car. Once you have & drive one, you never go back.

Sharp looking overflow man! Glad to hear you and your kids are enjoying your first muscle car. Once you have & drive one, you never go back.
I've owned some nice cars but all the muscle cars I've had I ended up just selling because they didn't quite fit the bill (didn't want to tackle that big of a job until it was THE CAR). You ever figure that miss out? Mine still does it although it doesn't seem to affect anything, with all these issues getting resolved I'll be digging into it shortly.

Gotta love the new build gremlins...! As far as the miss, plugs and plug wires are good. I picked up a new Blue Streak cap/rotor and plan on strapping that on in the next day or two. I'll let you know Dev.

I drove the Charger to work today (25 min on 77 at 70 mph) and have come to the conclusion that 3:55s are perfect for 0-60 mph but not 70 mph. Either I've got to stay on 55 mph roads or these gears are gone.........who am I kidding they're gone. I'll be pulling my 3:23 posi pig out and getting it ready for action. This will be temporary because I'm pretty certain after today I'm putting a T56 6 speed in it when the funds allow.

- - - Updated - - -

This weekend should be a fun one, Kahn is coming up for a stay to get his rear end taken care of..........................O.K maybe I should refer to it as his 8 3/4 axle!! Hoping to get it done without to much trouble so we have time to goof off a bit in the Charger, attend a car show and maybe visit Summit. Sounds fun

This weekend should be a fun one, Kahn is coming up for a stay to get his rear end taken care of..........................O.K maybe I should refer to it as his 8 3/4 axle!! Hoping to get it done without to much trouble so we have time to goof off a bit in the Charger, attend a car show and maybe visit Summit. Sounds fun

This should be a fun trip ! ! ! ( dang - hope I can behave at Summit )

This is what I get for asking if this 8 3/4 makes my rear end look big . . .

now we're going to narrow it ! ! ! ( smile )

Auto Transport Service
Back