• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

I drove the Charger to work today (25 min on 77 at 70 mph) and have come to the conclusion that 3:55s are perfect for 0-60 mph but not 70 mph. Either I've got to stay on 55 mph roads or these gears are gone.........who am I kidding they're gone. I'll be pulling my 3:23 posi pig out and getting it ready for action. This will be temporary because I'm pretty certain after today I'm putting a T56 6 speed in it when the funds allow.

- - - Updated - - -

This weekend should be a fun one, Kahn is coming up for a stay to get his rear end taken care of..........................O.K maybe I should refer to it as his 8 3/4 axle!! Hoping to get it done without to much trouble so we have time to goof off a bit in the Charger, attend a car show and maybe visit Summit. Sounds fun

I wish I could come down and hang out. Kahn...while your there steal his 3.55's so I can put them in my extra carrier and build a sure grip center for the Coronet!

BTW that overflow tank is plain killer. Does he want to make another :p

I hope you guys have a blast. One day when all three of our cars are done we will have to meet in the middle somewhere..

I drove the Charger to work today (25 min on 77 at 70 mph) and have come to the conclusion that 3:55s are perfect for 0-60 mph but not 70 mph. Either I've got to stay on 55 mph roads or these gears are gone.........who am I kidding they're gone. I'll be pulling my 3:23 posi pig out and getting it ready for action. This will be temporary because I'm pretty certain after today I'm putting a T56 6 speed in it when the funds allow.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey 747, I'm restoring a 69 Coronet and was planning on swapping the current 3.23's for 3.54's. What kind of rpm's are you pulling at 70 mph? How tall a tire?

747, that overflow tank is sweeeeeet looking, i hopefully will get mine going so i can tell how the 6 speed works with the 3:55 gear.

- - - Updated - - -

This weekend should be a fun one, Kahn is coming up for a stay to get his rear end taken care of..........................O.K maybe I should refer to it as his 8 3/4 axle!! Hoping to get it done without to much trouble so we have time to goof off a bit in the Charger, attend a car show and maybe visit Summit. Sounds fun

I do hope the rear end deal gos well, But finding time? lol... Yea i will bet that fun time with the Charger will happen! And i do hope you guys have a ball doing it!!! ;)

Goof off, The more Mopar time the better, Don't you two get lost and take off across country now! :headbang:

- - - Updated - - -

Hey 747, I'm restoring a 69 Coronet and was planning on swapping the current 3.23's for 3.54's. What kind of rpm's are you pulling at 70 mph? How tall a tire?

I'll have to check to see exactly but it's right around 3,000 rpm with 27" tall tires but like I said I'll have to double check it.

747, that overflow tank is sweeeeeet looking, i hopefully will get mine going so i can tell how the 6 speed works with the 3:55 gear.

Can't wait to here, by my figures I was thinking more like 4:11s with the 6 speed (19,000 rpm at 65mph). The 3:55s should make for some really nice mileage with that 6 speed.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I could come down and hang out. Kahn...while your there steal his 3.55's so I can put them in my extra carrier and build a sure grip center for the Coronet!

BTW that overflow tank is plain killer. Does he want to make another :p

I hope you guys have a blast. One day when all three of our cars are done we will have to meet in the middle somewhere..

To bad you couldn't come down "the more the merrier". Yes indeed we will have to all meet up sometime when they're all done (sounds fun) and I'm looking into making a few more of the overflow tanks since I've had a few ask so I'll let you guys know.

- - - Updated - - -

The wrath of Kahn is officially over (he left this morning) haha. That was a weekend of feeling kinda small around here (I'm 5'8" and he's 6'4") but allot of fun and once again a really good guy. We got his axle narrowed (really going to look killer with those fat tires and deep dish wheels) but it wasn't without an unexpected issue (you'll have to check his thread for details once he get's home). We got allot done Friday night and spend the next morning at a car show followed by a trip to Summit Racing and then back to the garage to finish up the axle so it wasn't all work and no play. I wasn't stingy either and made sure he got to drive the Charger while he was down (turns out using the original bolt holes and 04 Stratus seats doesn't work to well for a 6'4" tall guy but he managed). Great weekend with a good friend

Good to hear you and the "big guy" lol had fun!!! My wife says she cant drive the 73 because i built it to me, the seat does go up i told her but i think for what ever reason she is afraid! lol.. May be its a good thing? Naa, she has driven most all my cars but she is definitely never going to have a rear wheel car for every day use again... she says anyway lol

Glad to hear you guys made quick work of Kahn's rear end even if he did have some issues back there! (sorry couldn't resist)

Sounds like an awesome "Fer Racin'" weekend and I see you're a lot like me with letting someone else drive your car and get enjoyment out of it... As long as their competent I let many people drive mine because it is something to be experienced (although not many since the engine swap... ok none... but I will!)

I share the height issue I'm also 6'4" so I know what it's like to have some cars that fit and some that don't.... when my company sends me every few years to pick a new company car I never say I'm going to test drive I say I'm going to "try them on!"

I recall there's some camera shyness there but hope there will at least be some pics of that car show!

Forgot to mention we broke out the Bear Compound Bow, the 1911 45, 410 JUDGE and the Ruger Blackhawk 44 Mag for a little fun too (had to throw the firearms into the mix).

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to hear you guys made quick work of Kahn's rear end even if he did have some issues back there! (sorry couldn't resist)

Sounds like an awesome "Fer Racin'" weekend and I see you're a lot like me with letting someone else drive your car and get enjoyment out of it... As long as their competent I let many people drive mine because it is something to be experienced (although not many since the engine swap... ok none... but I will!)

I share the height issue I'm also 6'4" so I know what it's like to have some cars that fit and some that don't.... when my company sends me every few years to pick a new company car I never say I'm going to test drive I say I'm going to "try them on!"

I recall there's some camera shyness there but hope there will at least be some pics of that car show!
I don't care about pics of myself either way but for some reason people just don't do it on here???????????? To be honest I never even got my camera out, I figured it was his project and I'd just let him present it himself. As far as the "rear end" issues go you'll notice that I carefully chose my wording "axle" but as usual it doesn't matter with you sicky pigeons. No cool Mopars at the show but some really nice Hot Rods, maybe Kahn got a few pics?

Devin i don't know just how far away you are from me, but i have got about 3 email weather alerts saying "severe storm watch out until 8" just so ya know! Seems everytime i come in im informed of another email pertaining to the weather today lol... Kind of fun i can see whats happening here and not feel like im being as lazy as i really am rofl.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, I guess i type to slow..

Devin i don't know just how far away you are from me, but i have got about 3 email weather alerts saying "severe storm watch out until 8" just so ya know! Seems everytime i come in im informed of another email pertaining to the weather today lol... Kind of fun i can see whats happening here and not feel like im being as lazy as i really am rofl.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, I guess i type to slow..

Just got a good dose of that storm but it moved out quickly leaving some absolutely nasty, hot, humid weather behind (I think if you were to weld today it would likely quench the welds it's so humid). I'll be hiding in the A/C the rest of the day drinking milk shakes.

The wrath of Kahn is officially over (he left this morning) haha. That was a weekend of feeling kinda small around here (I'm 5'8" and he's 6'4") but allot of fun and once again a really good guy. We got his axle narrowed (really going to look killer with those fat tires and deep dish wheels) but it wasn't without an unexpected issue (you'll have to check his thread for details once he get's home). We got allot done Friday night and spend the next morning at a car show followed by a trip to Summit Racing and then back to the garage to finish up the axle so it wasn't all work and no play. I wasn't stingy either and made sure he got to drive the Charger while he was down (turns out using the original bolt holes and 04 Stratus seats doesn't work to well for a 6'4" tall guy but he managed). Great weekend with a good friend

Oh boy . . . what a weekend, can we do it again next month ? ? Oh wait - Mopar Nationals ! ! Yooohooo ! ! !

What a great time that was, got to see 747 win another trophy ( he's got won at every event he's entered so far ), I'll have to update all the pics and news on my thread and show them all the details. And I had no issues with packing myself into that Charger and taking it for a spin - since he's "just" got it done, I was very gentle with it ( ok, kinda ) but is that car a BLAST ! ! ! All I can say is WOW ! ! ! And the flag on the hood is unreal, the pictures just don't do it justice . . .

747 Mopar's plans and jigs for the narrowing went without a hitch - except getting that 1 15/16" steel rod into the bushings . . . and then getting it out of the bushings was a whole lotta fun . . . but they did their job - and they did it perfectly ! !

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention we broke out the Bear Compound Bow, the 1911 45, 410 JUDGE and the Ruger Blackhawk 44 Mag for a little fun too (had to throw the firearms into the mix).

Oh yeah - and throw all of that into the mix, and HOW could anyone NOT have a great weekend - Too darn bad the weekend is over and I had to head home - 747 Mopar is a great engineer, a great guy, and if you think his car if awesome, you should see the house that he built himself ! ! ! I'm jealous ! ! !

Oh boy . . . what a weekend, can we do it again next month ? ? Oh wait - Mopar Nationals ! ! Yooohooo ! ! !

What a great time that was, got to see 747 win another trophy ( he's got won at every event he's entered so far ), I'll have to update all the pics and news on my thread and show them all the details. And I had no issues with packing myself into that Charger and taking it for a spin - since he's "just" got it done, I was very gentle with it ( ok, kinda ) but is that car a BLAST ! ! ! All I can say is WOW ! ! ! And the flag on the hood is unreal, the pictures just don't do it justice . . .

747 Mopar's plans and jigs for the narrowing went without a hitch - except getting that 1 15/16" steel rod into the bushings . . . and then getting it out of the bushings was a whole lotta fun . . . but they did their job - and they did it perfectly ! !

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah - and throw all of that into the mix, and HOW could anyone NOT have a great weekend - Too darn bad the weekend is over and I had to head home - 747 Mopar is a great engineer, a great guy, and if you think his car if awesome, you should see the house that he built himself ! ! ! I'm jealous ! ! !

Haha "trophy at every show" he's failing to mention that the first show trophied the top 50 in a field of 48 and this one trophied 70 out of a field of over 90 so it's not like I'm really winning anything. I really don't care about the awards anyways, I like talking to the owners and hearing the cool stories behind their builds and just seeing the different approaches.

- - - Updated - - -

wow wow wow, mopars and guns....enough said. what a blast...no pun intended, lol

Sounds allot like like America doesn't it haha?

Car show . . .

Haha "trophy at every show" he's failing to mention that the first show trophied the top 50 in a field of 48 and this one trophied 70 out of a field of over 90 so it's not like I'm really winning anything. I really don't care about the awards anyways, I like talking to the owners and hearing the cool stories behind their builds and just seeing the different approaches.

Hey 747 Mopar . . .I wasn't going to tell them "that" part of the story ! ! ! ( SMILE )

We spent over an hour talking to the owner of this 1929 Ford Model A 4-door sedan . . . he had some incredible stories to tell us . . .

narrow_carshow.jpg

We had a great time swapping stories with him . . . LMAO . . .

Need some help deciding on a sound system, I'm old enough to not care about a blaring loud system but want something nice and at least equal to what comes in the new cars. Since this is not a go fast part built "FER RACIN" I'm not wanting to dump a ton of money into it either so here's the options. The head unit is pretty much a done deal (digital media player). The speakers on the other hand are a toss up, after talking to a speaker tech this is what I've got. The Fosgates are well suited for running off of just the head units Watts and don't require an amp and are pretty cheap themselves (good brand as well). The 2nd choice is Polks, a step up in Wattage and require an amp as well. The techs concern is that if the car is to loud and I'm not happy with the Fosgates then I may not be able to boost them enough without frying them. I'm going to make a package tray that will accept the 6X9s, put 6 1/2s in the console and no woofer (hopefully).x575R1675X2-F.jpgx107DXi651S-F.jpgx777M4075-f.jpgx105KDX310B-F.jpgx575R169X2-F.jpgx107DXi691-F.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Don't no why there's a pic of the interior in there??????????

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 198

Don't forget the BFG . . . WHOA ! ! !

747 - Either of those components should get the job done. Fosgates are good speakers and I don't know that I'd spend the coin to up to the Polk. Personally I have had good luck with even cheaper brands. If its a modern speaker with a tweater built in it will be 10x better then any stereo in a stock car these days. They are better then they've ever been but the aftermarket stuff is always ahead of a stock speaker. So needless to say any speaker for the most part will foot the bill you've layed out.

I think my stereo in mine will just be comprised of 2 2.5" pipes coming from 8 cylinders for a while! :headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back