• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

When I looked at collector car insurance, pretty much every policy required the car to by stored in a locked garage year round. That is another gotcha you might need to look out for.

That's really the only "gotcha". I have a '71 240z and my '71 GTX on Hagerty. I like them, but, then again, I've never needed them. They're incredibly pleasant to deal with on the phone.

sjd

have you tried State Farm. I have a classic car policy on a custom jeep with them that cost me $199 a year with no commutin (cant drive to work) and coverage is year round no winter storage. May be an option? It is also my only vehicle with them desperate from our other policy's.

Tried State Farm today but I was trying to get everything bundled together, again the Rottweiler is the problem. I really wish the people calling these dogs viscous would actually spend some time with them, if it wasn't for insurance I'd never own anything but Rotts but sadly this will be my last because of them (********). I've pretty well made up my mind to give our ins agent until tomorrow and if still nothing (they're looking into it again) I'm going with Hagerty (heard nothing but good things). They seam reasonable to me and guarantee the value of your car. Gonna start my fund raising haha and I thought I was done with that stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Got a little surprise today. I'm sitting at the end of my driveway waiting on my daughter to get off the bus when Santa in the Brown truck stops and hands me a package (I didn't order anything). So I'm thinking my wife ordered something for my boys birthday................wrong! I open it and it's a set of Hotkins hood pins:headbang: "you gotta be shitting me, that dirty dog" (I knew exactly who it was) why would he do this? Rewind, I had asked Kahn about his deep dish look a while back and about narrowing his axle to get that look. I offered to help him out seeing how I've done it before and have the stuff to do it so this is an advance payment even though I wanted to do it just to help, dammit Kahn. Why the hood pins???? I was talking to him a while back about hood pins and told him how sweet these looked and liked not having the cable to worry about rubbing on the paint so there ya go. I've gotten to be pretty good friends with Kahn (good guy) and will get the chance to meat him this June while we're at the Outer Banks:hello2:. Didn't have a camera on me so I'll get a pic soon but they really go well with the car and I can't wait to get rid of the under hood spike.

That's pretty Kool of Kahn. Yea, the best surprise is the one you don't expect. Understand what you mean about the dogs. We had a lab/shepard mix and had to show pics that he took on the lab traits b4 they would give us our house insurance.

O.K. good news and slightly bad news (not really bad just another delay). Insurance is a go, got it threw my current agency that first denied it. This time around I called a guy my wife grew up with (friend of the family) who works there and explained the situation, he took it over and before I knew it it was all over. Turns out the pic of the motor was the issue?????????? You guys have seen it, it's just a big block that looks nice "right" anyways after he explained to the lady that the motors used to look like that she agreed to insure it "I'm not making this up, she really didn't know what a motor looked like". The only catch was she wants the interior and scoop done ASAP???????????? Don't know why and don't care, it's just extra motivation to get off my butt and do it. Now the bad, no battery at all now, had to put it back on the tractor so my brother could clean up his driveway but it didn't fit the box anyhow so off to Summit I go Sat morning. Sat afternoon is the scheduled departure for flight 747 haha, no idea where I'm going but quite sure it will be fun.

Glimpse of what's about to be . . .

Sat afternoon is the scheduled departure for flight 747 haha, no idea where I'm going but quite sure it will be fun.

FBBO Tower: 747 Mopar you are cleared for takeoff on runway 20 - have a safe flight . . .

747 Mopar: Roger That Tower . . . departing on runway 20 . . . here we GO ! ! ! ! !

sm_donuts.jpg

( GRIN )

LMAO, probably be taking it easy on it at least for an hour to make sure everything is good to go and there isn't any surprises plus I don't know how long it will take me to run down that slight blubber at part throttle. Also need to check the advance, I bought a mechanical advance distributor and need to figure out when it should be all in (never used one before this). Hopefully she'll be running like a raped ape before the end of the day.

we had to sign a waiver for our 2 vicious , mean,eat people in a single bite,break through walls & kill people rotties.
so we could have insurance.

164304_497659183449_2211476_n.jpg

Here's my little guy about to be eaten by my Rott, she really looks after him.DSCN6088.jpgDSCN8616.jpg

I know what you mean guys! Same problem with vicious Doberman's around here attacking little children

You should be ashamed of yourself GOON, subjecting your daughter to all that abuse ! ! ( smile ) . . . She'll be well protected - that's easy to see !
( by the way - good way to clean her face after meals too ! ! ! ) LMAO

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my little guy about to be eaten by my Rott, she really looks after him.

Same with you 747 Mopar . . . priceless picture . . . he'll always be well protected too . . . gotta love our DOGS ! ! ! ( SMILE )

You should be ashamed of yourself GOON, subjecting your daughter to all that abuse ! ! ( smile ) . . . She'll be well protected - that's easy to see !
( by the way - good way to clean her face after meals too ! ! ! ) LMAO

- - - Updated - - -

Same with you 747 Mopar . . . priceless picture . . . he'll always be well protected too . . . gotta love our DOGS ! ! ! ( SMILE )

IMG_1285354015071363.jpg

Not my daughter just a random I grabbed from the daycare across the road to feed to the dogs... cheaper than dog food!

LOL ok that's as tasteless as my jokes get! Both the Dobie and the little girl belong to a buddy of mine... I just took the opportunity to grab the super cute pic when I had the chance!! I have another one taken right before this of her with her finger almost in the dogs eye... That dog would never harm a hair on her head but if you mess with her you would damn well regret it!

I have a border collie/aussie shepherd cross and a spitz.. I do use them both to help keep my own face clean!

Last edited:
I was hoping you wouldn't ask haha. No real problem just the typical "things taking longer than expected" but it's rained all weekend anyways. First off was the rear quarter glass, the stainless trim had been sandblasted by the previous owners so it took hours to get sanded polished out and then it's no walk in the park to get them lined up either. The seat belts required one bracket to be made and go figure I ran out of gas for the torches so it's kinda hard to finish those. Thanks for asking, I'll take it out once the weather clears which looks like it could be today.

Last edited:
It was brought up earlier about the gap in the rear quarter trim (C shaped piece) and how it looked like a sure fire way of getting water in the car so here's what I did. I first tried putting butyl tape in first but it looked like crap so I just assembled everything and then took some urethane sealer and sealed it from the inside. I also used butyl on all of exterior felts seeing how the clips would never allow a true seal without some help and put it under the stainless trim to keep it from rattling. You can't tell anything was done by looking at it but it's sealed now.DSCN9250.jpgDSCN9251.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I spent some time figuring out the shoulder belts required for my car and this is the outcome. I picked these up at Summit and am happy for the most part with them (the short latching end is kinda cheesy looking but you can't see it anyways). I used all three of the factory bolt holes for the belts but had to add one for the reel. The bracket hugs tight to the rocker and mounts the reel over top of the rocker out of the way, there is also a plate that goes under the floor to reinforce the mounting bolts. Only down side id the roof rail being so high makes the belt hug close to your neck, I'll likely make a bracket for the headrest to hold it away.DSCN9254.jpgDSCN9255.jpgDSCN9262.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

My shifter looked kinda funny with a ball right on top of the leather boot so what's a guy to do? I decided a pistol grip was in order, I asked my dad to pick me up a small piece of stainless to drill and tap for the base and instead he whips this out "SWEET". Now all I have to do is make the Curly Maple grips. Check out his welds and he says he's not a welder "yeah right" oh yeah it's Titanium.DSCN9256.jpgDSCN9258.jpgDSCN9257.jpg

Great News there 747 Mopar . . . couple more things on the "DONE" list and the "TO-DO" list getting much shorter ! ! !

Glad to see you getting them all knocked out . . . you're almost there, keep at it and you'll be finished shortly ! ! !

Auto Transport Service
Back