• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Haha, I think I'm already pooped from all the dancing around................Yeah I'm pretty pumped up for sure, it's sick looking all of a sudden. I was so excited today I tried to get it insured as soon as I got home but with only 15 minutes until they closed and a piece of crap computer that wouldn't send the pics they required I failed.:angryfire: On the plus side I was out shopping with the wife up in Summits neck of the woods when she said I could buy my seat belts for my birthday so off we went (I'll put them in this weekend). That leaves headlights and a speedo sensor. Of coarse the interior needs finished but that's paid for.

Do you insure through a classic insurer? And are you allowed to insure it just based on an agreed upon value? I imagine it works different here... we have to have an appraisal done by an accredited 3rd party and that determines the insured value. I'd love to go through Hagerty, Lant or another classic insurer but they won't touch me with all my driving infractions.

Awesome to hear you can look at the car now and finally see it the way you envisioned and have the feeling of all that hard work hit you! Great news on the seatbelts too!

Sounds like we're both pretty close with what needs to finish... you need headlights and speedo sensor... I need muffler clamps and alignment! There are 2 big differences here though in that you did the work yourself so your car truly is the fruits of your labour (mine was just someone else putting my vision to reality) and I have driven my car every year leading up to this so it's not like I'm getting mine out for the first time.... it will just feel like a brand new first time! lol

I'll keep an eye out for those pics and in the meantime congrats on getting past another big milestone... Hoooooomestretch Now!! (FER RACIN'!!!)

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go Goon, finally got your pics. Let me know what you think, Another inch in the rear??????????? DSCN9236.jpgDSCN9235.jpgDSCN9234.jpgDSCN9233.jpgDSCN9232.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, time to head back to the garage have a few drinks, install windows, seat belts and whatever else I can find.

Damn that's purdy! They just set the whole thing off it looks... incredible!

For my taste I would drop 2" front and rear but I think if you go 1" both front and rear it would sit nice and leave some rake for travel without cringing! You also have those Badda$$ mufflers back there which lose a little clearance so going to low in the back would probably leave you concerned about scraping them up.

Your daughters look like they think it's pretty damn cool too especially the one leaning on the car! kind of has that "mine!" look in here eye! lol

All I can say man is you nailed it! Cheers!

Pretty snazzy 747. IMO you have the stance perfect. Great looking car - and girls. It kind of does look like they are taking ownership of the orange beast.

I don't know, it might look better an inch lower in the back. That's a tough decision 7 because it really looks good as it is. Can't wait to see it with the scoop installed. She's a beauty for sure, pat yourself on the back cause you did good. :)

WHOA ! ! ! ! 747 Mopar . . . I've gotta say I don't like it . . . I LOVE IT ! ! ! I think you nailed it . . . looks incredible ! ! !

X2 with BigBlock61 - pat yourself on the back you did good ! ! !

Looks incredible! Wow, just wow. It must be driving you crazy wanting to drive it silly. That car looks good at any height. I would try an inch just to see if you like it, you can always bring it back up...

Wow!!! Looks awesome! Hope you can get it reg'd soon so you can start terrorising the streets!

OOHHLALA, you got in on the wheels, looks sick man, gonna lower it a bit?

grats, long time coming

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, great choice in wheels

Damn that's purdy! They just set the whole thing off it looks... incredible!

For my taste I would drop 2" front and rear but I think if you go 1" both front and rear it would sit nice and leave some rake for travel without cringing! You also have those Badda$$ mufflers back there which lose a little clearance so going to low in the back would probably leave you concerned about scraping them up.

Your daughters look like they think it's pretty damn cool too especially the one leaning on the car! kind of has that "mine!" look in here eye! lol

All I can say man is you nailed it! Cheers!

The one leaning on it is my daughter and the other is my brothers little rascal but "yeah" she's already claimed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty snazzy 747. IMO you have the stance perfect. Great looking car - and girls. It kind of does look like they are taking ownership of the orange beast.

Thanks Hunt, I'm really torn because I like it how it is (1" drop leaves and the front dropped too) but just wonder what it will look like just a bit more. I'll likely wait until I get some drop spindles because I don't want to loose to much travel.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, it might look better an inch lower in the back. That's a tough decision 7 because it really looks good as it is. Can't wait to see it with the scoop installed. She's a beauty for sure, pat yourself on the back cause you did good. :)

Thanks 61, I'm hoping to start on that (scoop) next weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

WHOA ! ! ! ! 747 Mopar . . . I've gotta say I don't like it . . . I LOVE IT ! ! ! I think you nailed it . . . looks incredible ! ! !

X2 with BigBlock61 - pat yourself on the back you did good ! ! !

Haha, glad your digging it.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks incredible! Wow, just wow. It must be driving you crazy wanting to drive it silly. That car looks good at any height. I would try an inch just to see if you like it, you can always bring it back up...

Chomping at the bit for sure, Monday.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow!!! Looks awesome! Hope you can get it reg'd soon so you can start terrorising the streets!

100% registered and licensed just needing insurance which is coming Monday. I've already got a Ram Diesel showboating every time I have it out.........guess he doesn't know what 500+hp in a 3,800 lb car will do but he'll find out soon enough (to bad it's another Mopar).

- - - Updated - - -

OOHHLALA, you got in on the wheels, looks sick man, gonna lower it a bit?

grats, long time coming

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, great choice in wheels

Thanks Benno not just for the compliments but for helping out a bit with the wheel fitment, your car and Kenny Wayne Sheppard's Xtreme Lee were two of the biggest influences on the wheel size choice. Your car is badass and yes I might tinker around with dropping it a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

Now for the best news, after bringing it to the house my wife just sits there smiling so naturally I ask "do ya like it" she just smiles................ ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh finally. Then once I get back to the garage and get back to work on it I get a text from her saying "I gotta admit, you look sexy in that car" hell yeah be right there!!!!!!!!!!!! but sadly it isn't me, it's just the car. So it's looking almost done, driving nicely, the kids love it and my wife is actually warming up to it a bit "life's good".

dropped spindles are the way to go, chargers look good low.
im glad your missus is warming upto it, mine hates it more and more each time something breaks on it that I have to spend more money.

That looks kick a$$! You built it your way,and it's very tasteful. I'd try an inch all around,see how it sits.

dropped spindles are the way to go, chargers look good low.
im glad your missus is warming upto it, mine hates it more and more each time something breaks on it that I have to spend more money.

Ya like Benno I like the Pro-Touring style cars low... So I make not have been the best guy to get an opinion of for rake but I do like the way the car is leveled right now so I think whatever you drop the rear you should drop the front too!

You'll see my pics this week when I get it home I'm dropping the front 2" on the torsion bars and as long as I like the stance I'll do dropped spindles when I get into other suspension stuff when the "Bank of Goon" is replenished!

I'd say "Yer Damn near ready..... Fer Racin'!!!!" Muahahahaha

Back to your insurance question, I'm not real sure yet because this is the first REAL MUSCLE car I've owned so it's new to me. Monday I'm just putting liability on it so I can run back and forth to the upholstery shop which is only a couple miles away. The only reason I'm just getting that is because like you said I need an appraisal and it doesn't make sense to appraise it until I get the interior all wrapped up. I've already contacted Haggerty but our current insurance which bundles everything is cheaper. All of them want pics of all four sides of the car, an appraisal and a list of the mods..............rut row. I really haven't figured out what I want to do, adding full coverage is a pretty big hike but it goes way down for winter storage. Please anybody that has any suggestions feel free to chime in.

WOW, that looks sweet, maybe just a lil lower, not much thou. but it looks fantastic. AND those sinister custom made sidepipes look sleek under there. one of one. LOVE IT. nice job 747. looking foward to the next set of pics.

I never thought I would like it, but those bumpers look AWSOME painted the body color. They look like part of the body themselves. Did you shorten or do any work to make them fit better? Also the wheels that you chose look great against the orange back ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoops sorry. I just read the post about you cutting & re-fabbing the bumpers. But they do look great. I may try something similar on the front of my 70 Bee bumpers.

I never thought I would like it, but those bumpers look AWSOME painted the body color. They look like part of the body themselves. Did you shorten or do any work to make them fit better? Also the wheels that you chose look great against the orange back ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoops sorry. I just read the post about you cutting & re-fabbing the bumpers. But they do look great. I may try something similar on the front of my 70 Bee bumpers.

Glad you like it. The front bumpers weren't to bad, all I did on them was cut about a 1/2 out of each side to narrow them, heated up and hammered the rolled edges flat to better fill the recess in the fender and lengthened the mounting slot so I could move it back another 1/2" (nothing to fancy).

Here's a little issue I ran into with the vent window frames and thought I'd share just incase someone else runs into this. I disassembled the frames myself so I know everything was tight and proper but after getting them back from re-chrome one screw hole was gone (no more threads) and the pivot pin would just fall out of it's socket (press fit). the screw as I mentioned earlier was a no brainer (tap to next size bigger #8-32) but I was concerned about possibly breaking the socket if I cleaned it up and made a larger pin so here's the fix. I drilled it out for a 1/4 -20 thread, tapped it and then put a 1/4-20 bolt in the lathe to turn it down to the proper pin diameter. Obviously you need a lathe to do this but we're talking about a 15 minute lathe job so it shouldn't cost much for someone to get it done. DSCN9215.jpgDSCN9217.jpgDSCN9218.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I owe a big a THANK YOU to Propwash, I talked to him about my polishing issues and got some things figured out. #1 only idiots sand the stainless with 2000 grit paper "me". #2 you need a firmer wheel to get the heavy work done. I had barrowed a polisher that already had the wheels on it and could not get the scratches out at all :angryfire: (reason for the 2000 grit). After talking to Prop I ordered a couple wheels, the Sisol that he suggested and another I saw that was supposed to be pretty aggressive as well. Thank you so much I was about to beat my brains out :BangHead: but now I'm making short work of it. I love this sight.DSCN9243.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Finished the battery box too, problem is the battery is out of our boat and won't fit so looks like I'll be buying a battery sooner than I had hoped.DSCN9241.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

All done, now on to the rears window which I'm sure will be a blast.DSCN9242.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back