• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

It's not to much bigger but enough that it would be pretty thin and the o ring groove would be to shallow if it was turned down. Another idea is to just cut the stub off, drill it out and sweat a new sleeve into it that will fit the block. I've been so occupied with the wet sanding and buffing that I haven't givin much of anything any thought but I liked the ideas we were throwing around and I'm sure it will be something along those lines.

I'm looking forward to the post upholstery shop updates and seeing those vent frames when done and I'm saying a little prayer for you and the wife and family for the upcoming surgery .. best wishes to her and you guys.

The verdict is in, I'll be putting these bad boys on it. I posted a thread asking for suggestions on tires where the Nitto 555's were the hands down winner but they don't offer anything bigger than a 275 "not gonna cut it". I've always been a fan of the Firestone Firehawks so here's they're Firehawk Indy 500 Wide Oval tires that I'll be going with in a 285/35/19 (26.9" tall X 11.5" wide) & a 245/40/18. I think they'll get the job done and look cool doing it. thCAD0SL1Y.jpg

The verdict is in, I'll be putting these bad boys on it. I posted a thread asking for suggestions on tires where the Nitto 555's were the hands down winner but they don't offer anything bigger than a 275 "not gonna cut it". I've always been a fan of the Firestone Firehawks so here's they're Firehawk Indy 500 Wide Oval tires that I'll be going with in a 285/35/19 (26.9" tall X 11.5" wide) & a 245/40/18. I think they'll get the job done and look cool doing it.

REALLY REALLY like the looks of those tires 747Mopar ! ! ! ! THey are really COOL ! ! !

Compliments to you on your choice ! ! ! WHOOOOOHOOOO ! ! ! !

Ya gotta love the firehawks. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Charger rolling and ready to drive. It's not even my car and I'm itching to see it done. We need VIDEO!!!!! :)

The verdict is in, I'll be putting these bad boys on it. I posted a thread asking for suggestions on tires where the Nitto 555's were the hands down winner but they don't offer anything bigger than a 275 "not gonna cut it". I've always been a fan of the Firestone Firehawks so here's they're Firehawk Indy 500 Wide Oval tires that I'll be going with in a 285/35/19 (26.9" tall X 11.5" wide) & a 245/40/18. I think they'll get the job done and look cool doing it.View attachment 173248

Ive seen those or something very familiar to them on a car, they look beefy and mean and i do think you picked a winner Dev... Looking forward to your pictures, and i agree with our Bigblock61, We really do need video, way to cool bud!!! :)

Ive seen those or something very familiar to them on a car, they look beefy and mean and i do think you picked a winner Dev... Looking forward to your pictures, and i agree with our Bigblock61, We really do need video, way to cool bud!!! :)

X2!!!!

Those look NIIIIIICE!!! I have 285 NT555's (P285/40ZR17)... but mine are 17's.... maybe they don't make them in an 18?

Every tire manufactures selection narrows significantly once you hit the 19" rim size. Glad you like them.

- - - Updated - - -

No worries, there will be a video coming but I want to wait until I get it mostly done first. I'd like to learn more about editing the youtube video so I can make up a cool video for you guys. I hate to post more pics of it right now because those rusty white spoke wheels are about to make me vomit so I'll just wait on my wheels to come in. I'm excited beyond belief right now with everything finally coming together and can't wait for some of the other projects on here to start coming together. Thanks everyone

Nice choice on the tires Devin, can't wait to see it all come together! The video will be awesome too I'm sure, I wanted to do the same thing learning how to edit one together so I might be harrassing you with some questions haha what software are you gonna use?

Nice choice on the tires Devin, can't wait to see it all come together! The video will be awesome too I'm sure, I wanted to do the same thing learning how to edit one together so I might be harrassing you with some questions haha what software are you gonna use?

Boy are you asking the wrong person about that, I know nothing about computers. I googled "how to download a youtube video" and saw that there are option right on youtube to edit and add music so it's just a matter of figuring it out. You'll likely be doing it before me anyhow seeing how fast I work then I'll be the one asking.

- - - Updated - - -

Man...Even the tires look cool for your car!

They are pretty cool looking but what's really nice is that they are pretty cheap compared to others.

Those tires and wheels are going to make your car brother .. looking forward to the reveal

Look for some updates tomorrow, I picked up the final decals today (won't be going on until I'm done with the buffing) and picked up the masking for the stars too. The first time I laid all of the stars one at a time :banghead: but the rump stripe worked so well that I went ahead and had them make the stars too only this time on a sheet so it will be sooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier and quicker this time around. I'll at least get the bumpers and hood painted orange tonight and probably get the flag on there tomorrow unless I feel really ambitious tonight. Enjoy

Awesome looking tires Devin. I really like that tread pattern. Adding Wile E into that flames tread would leave an awesome print in snow and mud but I expect you won't be doing mud and snow. It was just a thought.

Sorry to hear about your wife's problems and the ins issues. But know you are both in my prayers, your wife's surgery and recovery and your finances because of Obozo Care.

Looking forward to seeing your chromed vent frames and the video.

Pics tomorrow, tried to get a few but with the clear coat haze in there I couldn't get a good pic. The bumpers are done and look absolutely flawless, don't think I'll even be buffing them they came out so smooth but we'll have to wait till tomorrow to see. The hood is painted orange with a coat of clear base so I can come back and scuff it without disturbing the orange, paint the flag and clear it all.

Sorry guys, you'll have to wait a little longer "bad day". I put the first coat of charcoal on the hood and a stripe showed threw, I had laid a piece of masking tape (the blue fine line tape) on the hood while masking everything off and go figure it must have left residue that keeps bleeding threw. I wiped everything down before the masking with final wash, guess I should have done it again before paint. So now I'll likely have to sand it all down again "go figure". I can't even tell you how sick I am of all the drama, really getting old. I'll likely not get around to fixing it until next weakend.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, you'll have to wait a little longer "bad day". I put the first coat of charcoal on the hood and a stripe showed threw, I had laid a piece of masking tape (the blue fine line tape) on the hood while masking everything off and go figure it must have left residue that keeps bleeding threw. I wiped everything down before the masking with final wash, guess I should have do it again before paint. So now I'll likely have to sand it all down again "go figure". I can't even tell you how sick I am of all the drama, really getting old. I'll likely not get around to fixing it until next weakend.

Sorry to hear that 747 "what a bummer" hope the next round goes off without a hitch...

Auto Transport Service
Back