• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

So you mean the whole scoop would be textured except the actual stars and lines (smooth), then topcoat everything with satin black? I've never seen another paint used over organasol but that sounds like it could be pretty awesome

Glad you guys got to meet .. a few times it sounds like.

The car looks great bro

Thanks Tallhair. I wish I could meet even more of the guys on here but that made our 3rd get together so far with the 4th already in the making. He's got a few things to pick up and we're going to hit one of the cool 3D bow shoots while he's here. If he lived any closer we'd probably be in trouble (pretty cool guy).

- - - Updated - - -

So you mean the whole scoop would be textured except the actual stars and lines (smooth), then topcoat everything with satin black? I've never seen another paint used over organasol but that sounds like it could be pretty awesome
Yeap except I'm just going to use black chip guard for the texture since it's made to topcoat. I'll just leave it alone for a while so it can bake in the sun so all the curing and shrinking will be done (getting tired of doing things twice or is it five times)?

Sounds like a plan man! I was going to say I wasn't sure how organasol would look topcoated but chip guard sounds like it'd work perfect. Is it like that rattlecan bedliner type stuff? The texture of that stuff is pretty cool!

Sounds like a plan man! I was going to say I wasn't sure how organasol would look topcoated but chip guard sounds like it'd work perfect. Is it like that rattlecan bedliner type stuff? The texture of that stuff is pretty cool!

It's allot like that, it might even be the same thing in a different can because it looks and works the same. You can hold the can far away to get a finer texture or closer for a heavier flatter finish. Who knows it may look like crap but there's only one way to find out.

Yep I know exactly what you're talking about, I say it's worth a shot! Your hail-mary's have all came out bad@ss so far! Haha :icon_thumleft:

Here's the making of the package tray, Like I've said before I wanted to blend the backs of the high back rears into the tray while providing a place for 6X9's. Anyone wanting to make there own console or other parts this is an easy way to go about it. This was made out of 1/4 Luan (cheap underlayment plywood) and 1x1 strips of wood all glued and stapled together (air stapler). For any contours hard to make with wood I just use the blue foam and sand it to shape. Once your happy just paint the fiberglass resign on and start adding the fabric saturating it as you go. Since this is just getting upholstered I just put one layer on but you can put on 3 layers, fill, sand, primer and paint it if you want it painted. You need to paint the foam with latex paint or the resign will eat it like the low spots in the pics (I used Kilz not realizing it wasn't latex and had to fill a couple spots where it got threw the paint.

DSCN9846.jpg
DSCN9845.jpg
DSCN9847.jpg
DSCN9848.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a few pics, I know the armrest isn't correct (supposed to be 13") but I figured it's better than nothing until I get the Curly Maple ones done and most non Mopar guys don't know the diff.

DSCN9878.jpg

DSCN9887.jpg

DSCN9886.jpg

DSCN9885.jpg

DSCN9883.jpg

DSCN9882.jpg

DSCN9881.jpg

DSCN9880.jpg

DSCN9879.jpg

DSCN9888.jpg

Went to a big show today where the Charger was well received and won my first real trophy (others trophied everybody). I was a bit surprised, the announcer before handing them out said "if you trophy in this class you should be proud because it's the biggest class and there's allot of really nice cars" and then he said "the 69 Charger" I was more excited for my daughter because she was so pumped about it (wish I could get the pic of her off my phone). Pretty cool to beat out the non Mopars!

DSCN9889.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, I love the shaker hood!!!!!!! Watching it sit there and rattle around or torque over when you mash it is pretty cool.

Congrats on your win. Well deserved. Great to hear the kids getting a kick out of it too.

congrats 747, your car is just flat out awesome. i wish i had your fabrication skills. its awesome that your kids love the car too, cant believe my daughter loves our car and its not done ....once again super nice job.

congrats 747, your car is just flat out awesome. i wish i had your fabrication skills. its awesome that your kids love the car too, cant believe my daughter loves our car and its not done ....once again super nice job.

Just wait until your driving it if you think she likes it now, that's the only car she wants to drive in now haha. With what your building I'm quite certain she will be in love with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys, I sent Kahn that pic of my daughter and he said he'd post it for me (not sure if I can do that with mine). Definitely feels good to be wrapping it up.

Posting picture for 747 Mopar . . .

How's this for one happy daughter . . . "her" car won Class winner . . . ( smile )

HappyDaughter.jpg

hey 747 i noticed you dont have these on the outer end of the door for the chrome edge on the side glass to glide on it holds the glass tight against the rear side glass.
9094030-1.jpg

http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=9094030

For those who don't know CDR and Hunt have been my go to guys for putting this basket case back together. Good eye Charlie, when I was putting the felts in I noticed the void and made sure I had the right weatherstripping then went to the catalog and found those missing pieces but I thought it was just something to fill the void from maybe a 68 that might have used a longer felt or something. I just keep forgetting to order them and now that I know they actually do something I'll get on it. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

How's this for one happy daughter . . . "her" car won Class winner . . . ( smile )

View attachment 205403

Thanks Kahn, I love that pic and yes it's her car haha. I couldn't believe how proud she was, she's been showing everybody and going on and on about how fun it was. Looks like my plan of building memories in the Charger is panning out and we're up to 700+ miles on it already.

- - - Updated - - -

Now for the issues, that's right more work. I don't know if I've posted this yet but I have a leave spring issue (it would seam), I ordered 1" drop leaves from Just Suspension and now my car consistently sits 1/2" to 1" lower on the passenger side (it varies). I'm not going to jump the gun on what the cause is but if you measure the front end it's the same on both sides so I don't think it's the torsion bar adjustment and all of the hangers are new and still tight. Looking like it's got to be the leaves. Now the second problem, today it started spuddering when accelerating really hard right about where the secondaries would likely be opening up. This a brand new issue I've yet to have so who knows and then it started getting hard to start "dammit why can't it just behave"?

bad fuel maybe, clogged jet.
We'll see, this all started today so I've yet to look into it but seeing how it does it when it does and the fact that it got hard to start at the same time I'm guessing it's fuel related. I think the first step will be to install a fuel pressure gauge in the car.

Ok, a little help for us newbies with Chargers.... where does this piece go? I don't see anything missing.

Just checked my Road Runner and those pieces are missing also. So double thanks to you Charlie - now I get to buy 2 sets. I did find them @ Mega for $15. a set and their shipping is awesome for me as we are both in Speedee's coverage.

Almost forgot, your scoop looks great Devin and congrats on the award. You deserve it.

Auto Transport Service
Back