• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Yea I think you made the right choice to redo the scoop. It looks way better than the first one. It's a hell of a job you're doing there 7.

I like the look of the new one, your right, the first one did look blocky at the inlets. Nice work.

Agree that liking the mods you've made to the new version of the scoop and opening it up and your torque strap components pretty much look like mine right outta the box minus the paint! Baddass as always Devin!

What a weekend!!!!! Another visit from Kahn, last visit I think I got him hooked on Compounds (archery) and was able to get him hooked up with a good deal on a new bow. After about 10 minutes of sighting it in he was shooting bullseyes at 20 yds (a natural). Then it was off to the garage to finish the scoop (already late) for the nationals the next day, I finished the sanding, sprayed it all flat black and went to bed. With no forward mounting yet on the scoop we just threw it in the trunk and headed out for our 2 hr ride. After picking up my brother in law and good friend we finished the drive there which is when I got to see the finished scoop installed for the first time...................hot diggity dog am I happy with it!!!!!!! It really changes the whole look of the car (no more hillbilly air cleaner sticking out of the hood). We scoured the swap meet for a posi for Kahn but all were ridiculously priced $600.00 or maybe not because when we went back they were all gone???? I bought a few little things to wrap up the interior and got my marker light lenses while we were there but that was it for the spending. Got to meet Basket Case and his beautiful primered RR, BS'd with moparmarks and Mitch (Goldenchicken), watched some racing and checked out the cool cars. Then was the fun part, since I've always heard about the cruise afterwards and was driving my car FINALLY we said what the hell let's go see. Crazy describes it best, it's right in the main drag of Heath (4 lanes) where people line the streets by the hundreds maybe thousands to watch the burn outs, launches and the revving engines of hundreds of Mopars. We stopped at a dealership that was throwing a bit of a party and welcoming all Mopars where we ran into my buddy from back home that had his Cuda there (small world), very cool little get together . When leaving we barely escaped without getting in trouble, because the trunk was full and I didn't want to damage the quarters so I chose to just mash it accelerating quickly in a straight line getting the attention of a local cop that got right on our butts but (I got the hint). It's just to bad Kahn lives in NC.

Sounds like an awesome weekend but where the hell are the pics of the scoop in place lol!!! you're killin us!

Like I said the mounting isn't done so we had to take it off to drive home and I didn't even get my camera out at the show. I'll get it on there ASAP and get some pics.

Snapped only one pic of the scoop at the show . . .

It was such a crazy weekend, and a crazy day of looking for Mopar Parts, that I almost forgot to take a picture of the scoop . . . and it looks COOL ! !

BUT . . . I did snap only 1 . . . and 747 said I can post it out here . . . so here's the "scoop" on the scoop . . .

Scoop747Mopar.jpg

I think he nailed the look on the scoop - but he's got a couple "minor" tweaks that he's planning the final results . . .

This is the "teaser" for you . . .

HAAHAHAH YEEEEAHHHHH BUDDDEEEEE!!

That just sets it off!! Love it! Dammit 747 aren't you bored of that car yet and wanting to give it away.... To ME!!!!

that scoop is bada$$ the car is bada$$, color bada$$, sidepipes bada$$, its to bada$$. so drop it off over here in illinois i will take care of it for you..lol

Thanks allot guys, it definitely feels good to finally get that scoop done (almost) and I'm glad you guys approve. After seeing it on the car it won't see the pavement again until it's permanently on it (only a couple hours work) but still up in the air on the paint. I did a quicky paint job to get it to the Nats but find myself really liking it just flat black so I may just touch up a few areas that I didn't have time to do and leave it that color? I've got all the speakers, amp, gas pedal, interior door handles & arm rest, window cranks and package tray to install and I'm pretty well done with it until I can afford the tranny (T56)..............IT TOOK 3/4s OF A TANK TO GET TO THE NATS (2hr drive).

Wow, looks Really Good. How about striping the scoop to match the lines of the flag?

Wow, looks Really Good. How about striping the scoop to match the lines of the flag?

That was the original idea but I'm liking it the way it is but still tossing around the idea, only time will tell. The good thing is if I do it and don't like it it's not to big of a deal to sand it down and do it over again.

Thanks to 68chicken . . . here's a better shot . . .

68chicken posted this in his Nats Pics thread - just copying here so everyone can see it . . .

View attachment 204398

A much better picture to see what the scoop is really looking like . . . WOW . . . is all I can say ! ! !

I'm liking the flat black too. The stripes would also probably look good but am thinking this may look a bit less "busy"

68 Chicken's pic really tells the whole tale of how the scoop finished off the car. Looks absolutely incredible

It was such a crazy weekend, and a crazy day of looking for Mopar Parts, that I almost forgot to take a picture of the scoop . . . and it looks COOL ! !

BUT . . . I did snap only 1 . . . and 747 said I can post it out here . . . so here's the "scoop" on the scoop . . .

View attachment 204137

I think he nailed the look on the scoop - but he's got a couple "minor" tweaks that he's planning the final results . . .

This is the "teaser" for you . . .

"teaser" That it is, Man you sure have hit it right on this! Love it!!! :)

MAN that scoop is some next-level $h!t Dev, you seriously nailed it!! The whole time I was thinking of the low/wide T/A scoop that yours still hints on, but now that it's done it reminds me more of a sleeker meaner looking version of that "double barrel" butterfly scoop you always see on top of roots blowers. Just plain bad@ss!!!

MAN that scoop is some next-level $h!t Dev, you seriously nailed it!! The whole time I was thinking of the low/wide T/A scoop that yours still hints on, but now that it's done it reminds me more of a sleeker meaner looking version of that "double barrel" butterfly scoop you always see on top of roots blowers. Just plain bad@ss!!!

Glad you like it Speedy, I was going for a little of the T/A look but I kept changing it (not really T/A anymore but now I'm happy). I've been throwing around the paint and here's what I'm thinking, I'll scuff the whole thing then mask off everything that would be the whites of the flag (stars and stripes) also a 1/4" stripe to separate what would be the blue and red then paint it with the textured paint, pull the tape and paint it all flat black? I like this because you get the best of both, the flat black that I'm liking so well and the flag.

- - - Updated - - -

More pics and updates coming but have been hanging siding for the last couple weeks and have been to busy to get it out.

What a weekend!!!!! Another visit from Kahn, last visit I think I got him hooked on Compounds (archery) and was able to get him hooked up with a good deal on a new bow. After about 10 minutes of sighting it in he was shooting bullseyes at 20 yds (a natural). Then it was off to the garage to finish the scoop (already late) for the nationals the next day, I finished the sanding, sprayed it all flat black and went to bed. With no forward mounting yet on the scoop we just threw it in the trunk and headed out for our 2 hr ride. After picking up my brother in law and good friend we finished the drive there which is when I got to see the finished scoop installed for the first time...................hot diggity dog am I happy with it!!!!!!! It really changes the whole look of the car (no more hillbilly air cleaner sticking out of the hood). We scoured the swap meet for a posi for Kahn but all were ridiculously priced $600.00 or maybe not because when we went back they were all gone???? I bought a few little things to wrap up the interior and got my marker light lenses while we were there but that was it for the spending. Got to meet Basket Case and his beautiful primered RR, BS'd with moparmarks and Mitch (Goldenchicken), watched some racing and checked out the cool cars. Then was the fun part, since I've always heard about the cruise afterwards and was driving my car FINALLY we said what the hell let's go see. Crazy describes it best, it's right in the main drag of Heath (4 lanes) where people line the streets by the hundreds maybe thousands to watch the burn outs, launches and the revving engines of hundreds of Mopars. We stopped at a dealership that was throwing a bit of a party and welcoming all Mopars where we ran into my buddy from back home that had his Cuda there (small world), very cool little get together . When leaving we barely escaped without getting in trouble, because the trunk was full and I didn't want to damage the quarters so I chose to just mash it accelerating quickly in a straight line getting the attention of a local cop that got right on our butts but (I got the hint). It's just to bad Kahn lives in NC.

Glad you guys got to meet .. a few times it sounds like.

The car looks great bro

Auto Transport Service
Back