• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

I love the charger 747! that scoop really does set it off and the the cool factor of having built it yourself...priceless.

Glad the daughter is digging it too! I hope my kids both share that interest. My son wants to ride in Dad's car so lets see if my daughter will want to. So far she is a chip off the ol' block and wants to ride anything with an engine...and she's not even 1!

I love the charger 747! that scoop really does set it off and the the cool factor of having built it yourself...priceless.

Glad the daughter is digging it too! I hope my kids both share that interest. My son wants to ride in Dad's car so lets see if my daughter will want to. So far she is a chip off the ol' block and wants to ride anything with an engine...and she's not even 1!
Thanks, I sure am glad everybody likes it after the long wait and all the itching.

I'm sure they will, my son thinks it's cool but doesn't really get into it (mamas boy) but the daughter really loves it and enjoys the shows as well (definitely a daddies girl).

Check it out Dev, I was cruising through facebook this morning and saw a Charger that looked a little familiar haha

Screenshot_2014-08-26-08-51-48.jpg

Check it out Dev, I was cruising through facebook this morning and saw a Charger that looked a little familiar haha

View attachment 207661

That's really awesome!

aned hahaha Devin.... remember in my thread you mentioned you aren't sure why some people have a problem posting pics of themselves on these sites???? there's your answer!! lol

That's really awesome!

aned hahaha Devin.... remember in my thread you mentioned you aren't sure why some people have a problem posting pics of themselves on these sites???? there's your answer!! lol

I see what your saying but who cares right???? That is pretty cool though.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 207661

Haha, where was this I see Classic Industries on there???? Thanks for sharing Speady

Classic posted it on their facebook page, and another page called "Dodge & plymouth muscle cars" shared it, too!

Thanks, that's pretty cool that they like it haha. I didn't know how it would be received to be honest but most seam to be alright with it even though I did hear 1 guy say "he ruined that car haha". I'm going to do a video real soon looking at the scoop as I go out for a cruise because a shaker scoop is to cool (love seeing it shaking at an idle).

Thanks, that's pretty cool that they like it haha. I didn't know how it would be received to be honest but most seam to be alright with it even though I did hear 1 guy say "he ruined that car haha". I'm going to do a video real soon looking at the scoop as I go out for a cruise because a shaker scoop is to cool (love seeing it shaking at an idle).

Any purist will tell anybody they ruined a car if it wasn't put back to stock....you can't please em all and who wants to. Personally I get a kick outta pissin those guys off a little bit since (no offense meant to any on here) but they all seem a bit uppity!

Your charger rocks and you know it...that's all that ever really counts anyway

Hey, Devin,

how does the rear parcel shelf/package tray look installed? Did you modify the metal base as well to accommodate the changed tray?

Any purist will tell anybody they ruined a car if it wasn't put back to stock....you can't please em all and who wants to. Personally I get a kick outta pissin those guys off a little bit since (no offense meant to any on here) but they all seem a bit uppity!

Your charger rocks and you know it...that's all that ever really counts anyway

Couldn't agree more and I always appreciate the kind words especially from guys like yourself that have built them yourself (you know what goes into it).

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, Devin,

how does the rear parcel shelf/package tray look installed? Did you modify the metal base as well to accommodate the changed tray?

It looks awesome in there (most of the credit goes to the upholstery guys) but I can't find my camera because I already took the pics and need to update the post????????????????? Nope, no modifications at all (except the shoulder belts required by the Troopers), it sits right on top with a few fasteners under the speaker pods and the wires go right threw the old speaker holes (the old speaker holes also provide breathing room for the new speakers). I'll get it updated tonight (I hope).

Got the stereo all buttoned up today :headbang:. Here's what I installed (in the pic they sent me 2 different sizes for the fronts but I have matching 6 1/2s now). I've got 2 Polk 6X9s in the rear and 2 Polk 6 1/2s in the front both ran off of a 4 channel 75 watt amp fed by a JVC digital media player. There will be no need for a woofer because this system rocks, it's very loud and crystal clear to the point that I can't stand to turn it up all the way. I'm amazed at what these speakers can do without distortion "very nice".

DSCN9893.jpg

DSCN9896.jpg

This is what I made for mounting the amp, not wanting screws in my floor I made this out of aluminum and the tab just bolts to the back of the rear seat bracing to keep it from sliding around.

DSCN9897.jpg

DSCN9900.jpg

DSCN9902.jpg

Ran into this little bummer while trying to get my rear window trim installed, one of the tabs for screwing the corner pieces in was busted so I had to pull the headliner back and remove it for some welding.

DSCN9895.jpg

Dev, Thats top of the line work there! You made that look as cool as could be for a old muscle car. I bet it sounds better then you described it looking at the system...

Haha, Last year I couldn't get away from the Charger long enough to get some hunting in but this year is a whole different story. I've hunted a whole hour this year and already filled the freezer and have a batch of Jerky in process as we speak. I had a hunch where this guy would be and an hour into my hunt he came strolling by, he came within 10 yds behind a bush but unfortunetly for him there was a 6" hole threw the bush giving me a lung shot BYE BYE (the heart shot in the pic was just to put him out of his misery a little quicker). Thanks to the Grim Reapers I only had to walk about 50 yds to find him.......................O.K now what????????? I guess I'll go after a Doe now!:headbang:

DSCN9921.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

As for the Charger I'm North of 1,400 miles on it and seam to have the tuning issues resolved and it's running better than ever. Other than that I've been fixing little annoying things which are pretty well all taken care of now and just trying to drive it as much as possible before winter.

Nice Buck! now bag me one...I don't know if I'll get one this year or even get to go hunting

Very Good Devin, That meat helps tremendously now a days! I hope you get a doe to boot bud!!!

Nice Buck! now bag me one...I don't know if I'll get one this year or even get to go hunting

I'm taking a break for now, I do my own butchering and man is that allot of work but my kids will devour the Jerky quickly and be begging for more so I'll probably get back after it. I wish I could download pics from my camera because I have a better one on it instead of this morbid pic...............hint.....hint..... (I sent the pic to Kahn after I shot it).

- - - Updated - - -

Very Good Devin, That meat helps tremendously now a days! I hope you get a doe to boot bud!!!

Funny you should say that because this is the first year my wife has ever encouraged me to hunt (she wants the meat).

I butcher my own as well. That is quite a bit of work and sometimes makes you take a second thought. ...do I need this one.....haha

Nice buck, bow or rifle? I'm guessing bow.

Yeah, it was a bow (a 70 lbs Bear). Gun season is still a ways off but I try to get all of my hunting in before then although this year they're allowing straight cartridge rifles for the first time hmmmmmm.........I've got a 45-70 Marlin lever action I'd like to try out!

Hey Devin i have a great Savage 30-30, i promise up to a hundred yards shes right on if you want to make the trip to borrow it, Trust me its killed a lot of deer! :)

Auto Transport Service
Back