• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Finally some decent progress, first off was getting my 489 3:23s all put together for some sanity on the freeway (should take me from 3,100 down to 2,800 rpm). Everything looked really good so I just replaced the seal and got a new crush sleeve (wow are they hard to crush), I did however discover that the thrust pin was missing and got one ordered.

DSCN9923.jpg

DSCN9929.jpg

As you can see reinstalling the original gears don't leave much of a mark in the marking compound since it's already seated in and contacting evenly.

Here's my findings on my Summit (Mallory) mechanical advance, I noticed the plate on the side of the distributor and once looking inside I thought you gotta be kidding me. I've been looking for a good vac adv distributor and all I needed was a $36.00 vac pod SWEET.:headbang:

DSCN9932.jpg

DSCN9931.jpg

DSCN9933.jpg

And another eye sore dealt with, for those who didn't know because my car is titled as a 2013 Charger I had to install shoulder belts. My brother fixed a totaled 2013 Dart and had extra shoulder belts so I used them but finding the female ends proved to be a bit of a challenge seeing how most newer vehicles have very short buckles that won't reach threw the seat. I eventually looked in a buddies 2012 Ram and found the rear seats had the perfect length belts so I took his vin, called the dealer and got a set (finally no tucking them out of sight haha).

Here's what I had "temporarily", just the correct end bolted to the original belts (ugly as hell and quite embarrassing to be honest).

DSCN9935.jpg

And now.

DSCN9936.jpg

Looks god DEVIN! and NOW i know who can help me with my rear gears!!! :)

Here's a video for you guys, this was meant as just a test run but do to the weather I haven't made it out for the crazier video. It was just a simple cruise mostly in a area where I don't like to hot dog around but I do get on it some.

[video=youtube_share;2FSUsDLqV9A]http://youtu.be/2FSUsDLqV9A[/video]

[video=youtube;7iiUS3b9K7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iiUS3b9K7g&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

How's that Charlie???

Sorry for a rather long and boring video but I had planned on this being just a test followed by a better one but mother nature had different plans. Feel free to skip to the end where I get on it a bit and you'll at least hear how well it's running now. If nature allows I'm planning a video with some sideways action along with some better roads and I don't mean straight roads!

Last edited:
Looks god DEVIN! and NOW i know who can help me with my rear gears!!! :)

Anything for you Ron but keep in mind I'm no pro but just a stubborn, broke, gearhead that knows how to read manuals haha "sure hope it works".

lol, Thanks Dev! There is nothing a country boy cant do, we just get tired once in awhile rofl... I do think the stubborn may be the problem, my wife says im stubborn all the time and that's why things happen, lol, not believing it for a main man! :)

Hey Devin, watched about half the video then had to go p/u a load. Your car sure sounds sweet. Don't know if it was me or what, but it seemed that you were going faster than the posted 35 mph (twice that I saw). JK, had to poke a little fun at ya.

Very cool sounding car. Love the shaking shaker. I reckon it looks cool the colour it is now. Different enough to be noticed but not overdone. Very sweet. Looking forward to seeing it go round some bends. :headbang:

I absolutely love your car and everything you have done to it. My 68 is slowly coming along.

Thanks, it's always nice to hear people like the changes seeing how I put a little twist on it but I did try to keep all of the classic 60's touches. Love the 68's, it's a toss up for me between the 68 & 69 (69 grill or 68 tail lights).

- - - Updated - - -

Very cool sounding car. Love the shaking shaker. I reckon it looks cool the colour it is now. Different enough to be noticed but not overdone. Very sweet. Looking forward to seeing it go round some bends. :headbang:

Thanks, I've always liked shaker hoods but never had one until the media blaster ruined my hood haha (some things happen for a reason). It used to shake allot more than that but being able to see how much the motor moved lead me to make a torque strap for it before I broke a mount and creamed the scoop.

outstanding 747, i couldnt stop looking at all the reflections in the hood...lol. sounds awesome. once again just a beautiful job on a stunning MOPAR.

outstanding 747, i couldnt stop looking at all the reflections in the hood...lol. sounds awesome. once again just a beautiful job on a stunning MOPAR.

Thanks allot USA, I was pretty content until I checked out your progress but now find myself really wanting a T56 RIGHT NOW. Your car is looking badass and walks the walk. If I remember correctly you were thinking about green for yours???? If so my sister in law bought a Chevy that is painted "Dragon Green" I think and it is a stunning color (I'll find a pic for you) and saw a 69 Charger at a show painted Rattlesnake green (Viper color) that looked awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Devin, watched about half the video then had to go p/u a load. Your car sure sounds sweet. Don't know if it was me or what, but it seemed that you were going faster than the posted 35 mph (twice that I saw). JK, had to poke a little fun at ya.

You missed the 0-90 mph pull if you only watched half of it haha.................... Me speeding..... NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is, it's a Chevy Sonic, I really liked this color.

2014-chevy-sonic.jpg

That was a good video Devin and it's quieter than I thought it was going to be. For the next video you have to jump a creek and drive through a barn. Also don't forget to wear the flannel shirt. :headbang:

That was a good video Devin and it's quieter than I thought it was going to be. For the next video you have to jump a creek and drive through a barn. Also don't forget to wear the flannel shirt. :headbang:

Maybe the next one I should mount it beside the exhaust?? If it makes you feel any better the teller at the bank drive threw complained about it shaking the windows.:headbang:

Everything's looking awesome man!! Package tray looks great, sound system looks like it will be plenty, and that video was cool as hell, BUT...
...what he said!! lol

Funny too I saw you used a Gopro, I'm finally gonna go check out buying a hero3+ black tonight. Those are bad@ss little cameras!!

Everything's looking awesome man!! Package tray looks great, sound system looks like it will be plenty, and that video was cool as hell, BUT...

...what he said!! lol

Funny too I saw you used a Gopro, I'm finally gonna go check out buying a hero3+ black tonight. Those are bad@ss little cameras!!

Keep in mind the camera is on the windshield with the wind and the exhaust is way back there guys. O.K guys that's it, next video will also have the camera down by the exhaust with some burnouts and sideways action haha. I borrowed this Go Pro and am very impressed with the ease of use and quality of video it takes.

- - - Updated - - -

Weather pending.

Thanks for taking the time to make and post a video Devin. Your car really turned out great and seems like it running awesome. :VB toast:

Awesome video. When I do my trip across the country I want to mount a GoPro (or similar) in the window to capture neat trip elements. I figure at night I can go through and throw out much of the video and keep only what is cool.

Any idea how long it can record?

Awesome video. When I do my trip across the country I want to mount a GoPro (or similar) in the window to capture neat trip elements. I figure at night I can go through and throw out much of the video and keep only what is cool.

Any idea how long it can record?

Know idea, they take an SD card so get the most GB you can and see.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for taking the time to make and post a video Devin. Your car really turned out great and seems like it running awesome. :VB toast:

I'm pretty happy with it now but suspect I'll like it even more with the 3:23s.

Auto Transport Service
Back