• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

I cant wait to see it,,, HEAR it on my GOOD computer WITH speakers that sound like speakers/being there! :) Im getting there bud!! It does not work on this lap top, (insert growl here)

Keep in mind the camera is on the windshield with the wind and the exhaust is way back there guys. O.K guys that's it, next video will also have the camera down by the exhaust with some burnouts and sideways action haha. I borrowed this Go Pro and am very impressed with the ease of use and quality of video it takes.

- - - Updated - - -

Weather pending.
Hell yes to that! Suction mount that bad boy straight to the quarter and let 'er rip

Awesome video. When I do my trip across the country I want to mount a GoPro (or similar) in the window to capture neat trip elements. I figure at night I can go through and throw out much of the video and keep only what is cool.

Any idea how long it can record?
For long distance you will want a big memory card or more than one (they take micro sd), but you'll probably be more limited by the battery life. Standard Hero3's don't really last for sh!t from what my dad said about his, but the Hero3+ that I got is supposed to have 30% longer battery life. From what I've seen most people usually keep a couple extra charged batteries onhand for quick reloads, that and a big memory card and you should be fine. Hope that helps!

I've barely had a chance to get on here Dev but just thumbing through now and got the chance to watch your vid! BADDA$$ as always my friend! You really make me wanna buy a GoPro since I've been trying to rely on someone to come with me and film but always seems to be forgotten

Looks god DEVIN! and NOW i know who can help me with my rear gears!!! :)

Well Ron I wouldn't get me to do yours gears if it were me haha. I put them in Friday night, woke up Sat all excited to try them out so off I went and straight back I came. I do like the gear change but they whine quite a bit:angry1:. This was my first time setting up a used set of gears (always put new gears in) so I need to figure out where I went wrong with the contact pattern because a used set is obviously already broke in making the pattern different. I wonder if it was because these gears had allot of backlash and broke in that way??? I put the 3:55s back in in record time and was back on the road having fun. I'm pushing for a T 56 install this winter so I'll hold off for now seeing how I'll either want the 3:55s or even 4:11s if it happens.

- - - Updated - - -

I went to a car show today at the National Guard Amery and what a show it turned out to be, well over 300 cars and some really nice Mopars, a beautiful Fury III, Hemi Charger (4 Chargers total), 2 Cudas, 2 Challengers, a Daytona and more but my dumb *** forgot my camera again.:banghead: We left early since we had to get to Church and quite honestly had know expectation to get anything with the cars that were there anyways but once I got home from Church I got a phone call from an older guy that I always talk to at the shows saying he had a trophy for me to pick up. I'm always happy to do Mopar proud haha, now I need to go get it.

Devin, i wish i could give you any advice but im so far from a mechanics mind it makes ME sick! Im sure someone can help but its not me if you would want it working again in all honesty!!!

Finally quit being a coward and mounted the hood pins that Kahn sent me. I like them and the best part is the skull spike is gone, no more brain bandaid's haha. I wanted it centered in the orange part of the hood and not to far back which meant it had to go threw the thick spot in the hood erhhhhhhhh. These pins are bolted on not screwed which meant enlarging the hole on the bottom of the hood to 1" and using butyl rubber to stick the nuts and washers to my finger tip in order to get them started. Then a quick masking to paint the exposed bare metal before the install, to clean up the big hole in the bottom of the hood I just used rubber grommets. Now to decide whether or not to put cables on them??? I've always liked the factory hood pinned cars so ME LIKEY and of coarse it's "FER RACIN".

DSCN9957.jpg

DSCN9958.jpg

DSCN9959.jpg

DSCN9960.jpg

DSCN9961.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on finishing the car, it looks great.
A job well done!!!!

Thanks Superfreak, I'm anxious to see yours done "going to be one wicked RR". The downside of being done is everytime I want to try something different I have to consider whether or not it will cause any downtime haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's one of the cars I see often at the shows that I just love (1968 Fury III), all built by the owner and one knock out of a car.

DSCN9850.jpg

Here's my daughters dresser, I love the fact that she's so into it and takes allot of pride in the Charger. She's on her knees at the shows cleaning it up and getting it ready but most important I enjoy the time with her at the shows "lots of fun". The tall one is the one from the National Guards show "Commanders Choice", pretty happy about that one.

DSCN9975.jpg

747Mopar . . . those hood pins look AWESOME . . . might need to think about putting a set of them on the Belvedere too . . . I like the look of them ! ! !

Good job - glad that you like them ! ! ! ( smile )

Nice "FER-RACIN" hood pins, functional and looks good. But seriously Devin, They do look good on the Charger. It's really great when the family likes the car as much as you do, you're a lucky man.

I agree with FatJack on using a Chrysler piece. Nice wood color too!

FYI - The hood is custom fabricated by Devin. Not a Ford piece. Also, Devin has stated that this is not a purist build. If your looking for numbers matchings, yada yada yada - this is not the thread to be looking at.

I agree with FatJack on using a Chrysler piece. Nice wood color too![/QUOT

It bothered me too so I built my own trying to keep a little bit of a Mopar appeal to it, the Cuda scoop would look horrible on it (I've seen it done). The Ford scoop is for sale if you know anybody interested. Thanks

I agree with FatJack on using a Chrysler piece. Nice wood color too![/QUOT

It bothered me too so I built my own trying to keep a little bit of a Mopar appeal to it, the Cuda scoop would look horrible on it (I've seen it done). The Ford scoop is for sale if you know anybody interested. Thanks

Honestly 20 year ago, i would have bought the Ford scoop from you Devin, But all my stuff i need for a couple Mopars, i just cant waste anymore shells on target practice.. Sorry buddy! :)

- - - Updated - - -

FORD, Anything below that made of metal sounds like a Suzuki!!!

- - - Updated - - -

:)

hey 747, you daughter gonna need a bigger dresser for all those trophys coming your way
those hood pins look awesome, perfect color to go with the charger

another experiment gone terribly GREAT!!!!! Borrowed a buddies double pumper just because I haven't been too impressed with the Street Avenger so far. The results...................................drum roll please....... Burnouts no longer peater out when shifting into second but instead go all the way threw second until I let off because I'm getting really sideways (just the way I like), Full throttle downshifts are much more impressive now (my daughter says "the tires feel really strong now ") haha, it idles and starts great and it seams like it's getting allot better fuel economy???? So I have an 870 Street Avenger for sale with about 2,000 miles on it because the 456" really responded well to dual squirters, going to buy an 850 Demon double pumper.

- - - Updated - - -

For any of you that haven't run across my Viper tranny thread I'm planning on tearing the interior out as soon as the road salt flies and cutting it up for a Viper 6 speed upgrade.:headbang: Really need to get a heater in it too brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

- - - Updated - - -

hey 747, you daughter gonna need a bigger dresser for all those trophys coming your way
those hood pins look awesome, perfect color to go with the charger

They actually match better than the pics shows because of the flash.

another experiment gone terribly GREAT!!!!! Borrowed a buddies double pumper just because I haven't been too impressed with the Street Avenger so far. The results...................................drum roll please....... Burnouts no longer peater out when shifting into second but instead go all the way threw second until I let off because I'm getting really sideways (just the way I like), Full throttle downshifts are much more impressive now (my daughter says "the tires feel really strong now ") haha, it idles and starts great and it seams like it's getting allot better fuel economy???? So I have an 870 Street Avenger for sale with about 2,000 miles on it because the 456" really responded well to dual squirters, going to buy an 850 Demon double pumper.

- - - Updated - - -

For any of you that haven't run across my Viper tranny thread I'm planning on tearing the interior out as soon as the road salt flies and cutting it up for a Viper 6 speed upgrade.:headbang: Really need to get a heater in it too brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

- - - Updated - - -

They actually match better than the pics shows because of the flash.

Looking forward to the Viper tranny moving forward. I wish a T56 was easier to come across at wrecking yards this side of the border... all of the higher end restoration shops seem to get first dibs on them as I've learned. This is also the first year running mine with a functional heater! hahah it's fantastic!

Awesome to hear that dumble pumper was the cure! Keep the rubber side down!

Auto Transport Service
Back