• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

I agree with FatJack on using a Chrysler piece. Nice wood color too![/QUOT

It bothered me too so I built my own trying to keep a little bit of a Mopar appeal to it, the Cuda scoop would look horrible on it (I've seen it done). The Ford scoop is for sale if you know anybody interested. Thanks
Yes the Cuda scoop would have looked horrible lol. And on your other ponder in the thread, I'm a big fan of the cables in the hood pins. Just makes it look like the hood has the be leashed on because of the beast beneath lol.

If this deal goes threw that I'm working on I may have a freshly rebuilt 727 for sale, thought I'd post here first. Complete Hughes kit including all new clutch plates, bands, thrust washers, bushings, seals and gaskets, also has a TCI bolt in sprag, TCI stall converter, B&M shift kit, new locking dipstick and new chrome oil pan. I might also consider selling my Lokar cable that replaces the original linkage from the carb to the trans and My B&M Quicksilver (cable, bracket and all). The shifter works great and I've put about 1,600 miles on the tranny without so much as a hiccup. Just let me know if anybody is interested.

Got my fingers crossed for your deal there 747Mopar . . . that will be a great addition to an already great car ! ! !

With little to work on I decided to finish my trunk, these are the plywood panel yet to be covered in leather (fake). I'll post pics of how it all goes in once I get the mounts done, the forward panel bolts to the back of the trunk hinge brace, the rear panel screws to the original mounting hole and to the rear bumper braces and then the side panels will Velcro to the front and rear panel. I'm happy with the setup since it doesn't put holes all over the car and I've even made a cool little box that will have a door in the driver side panel for storage as well (the pass side is where my battery is). The spot under the gas filler tube will likely get a Velcro flap that will close after it's installed. Another reason for me doing this is so I can haul things without worrying about dinging my quarters.

DSCN0015.jpg

DSCN0016.jpg

Anybody have any suggestion on a pattern for the upholstery? Thought about continuing the 2" pleats but think it would be to busy so I may just do something simple however I would love to put a big chrome "Charger" or Mopar "M" in there.

wow, i was thinking the same thing with the mopar M. have the m cut out in orange and trim it in polished aluminum that would look awesome....dam i like spending others people money, lmao

wow, i was thinking the same thing with the mopar M. have the m cut out in orange and trim it in polished aluminum that would look awesome....dam i like spending others people money, lmao

Haha, good luck spending my money!

Finished up the trunk panel mounts and will get all the pics before I drop them off at the upholstery shop tomorrow. The big news is I've purchased (sending the last of the cash first thing in the morning) a complete TKO600 kit off of a member for the Charger, boy am I excited to get an overdrive in this thing. I was planning a Viper tranny because you could buy them pretty cheap but when this one came up I jumped on it because it's perfect for my car with the .64 overdrive and best of all the Charger won't be going back under the knife. A big thanks to Drew Williams for being such a great guy to deal with, Thanks Bud!

Great news 747Mopar . . . I think you scarfed that thing up just in the nick of time too, as there are at least 2 other posts on Drew Williams thread of people that are waiting in line for a chance to buy his transmission "if" the current deal falls through . . . I know it is NOT going to fall through and you are so looking forward to getting your man pedal in your car ! !

Congratulation on the transmission and the trunk panels look good - I can only imagine what they will look like when your interior guy works his magic on them ! ! ! Looking forward to seeing the finished products . . .

Here's the panel that goes in the front. The panels are all made out of cheap 1/4" plywood.

DSCN9971.jpg

It's bolted to the trunk hinge braces and follows the same angle which places it perfectly to where the trunk starts over the rear and just shy of the trunk opening. I riveted a small clip to the bottom of the trunk out of sight to secure the center since it's a long panel and reinforced it with 3/4"X3/4" strips of popular.

DSCN9974.jpg
DSCN9975.jpg

The front and rear panels have these brackets bolted to them made out of 16 gauge steel for Velcro, the side panels will have Velcro on them as well so once you bolt the front and rear in you just stick the sides to them.

DSCN9968.jpg

Here's the rear panel, it bolts to the tail light panel where the factory one did.

DSCN9966.jpg

Like the front it has the bracket for the Velcro and I had to fill a void at the top so it blended with the sides. The brackets used to bolt it to the tail light panel are just riveted on with large headed rivets.

DSCN9969.jpg

DSCN9970.jpg

I forgot to take a pic of the passenger side but here's the driver side, the upholstery shop is making a Velcro flap that will close off under the filler tube and like I mention this will just be held n with Velcro. I decided to go ahead and weld up a little box and rubberize it for cleaners, etc that will have .......you guessed it....a Velcro door.

DSCN9967.jpg

DSCN9965.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I talked to the upholstery shop (Wizzard) about what to do with them and I liked his idea (2" pleats on the front and rear panel, double French seam across the top of the rear panel on the bend with orange stitching and just covering the side panels). I think this will be a good look, not to much but not plain either.

I read all the way through this thread and like what you did a lot! I would change a few things, but everybody has his own tastes. Awesome job!!! I was bummed when I got to the videos with the start up, etc., they aren't there any more...... wtf???? LOL That was depressing. All that reading and then................. nothing. lol

I read all the way through this thread and like what you did a lot! I would change a few things, but everybody has his own tastes. Awesome job!!! I was bummed when I got to the videos with the start up, etc., they aren't there any more...... wtf???? LOL That was depressing. All that reading and then................. nothing. lol

Thanks allot, I appreciate you taking the time to read it but now you have me wondering "what doesn't he like"?. Go ahead and let me have it, sometimes it's things I'm already questioning and just need that little nudge haha but I appreciate the good manners. Hmmmmmm, wonder where the videos went (I may have done it accidently when I was doing the new one)? Honestly if your talking about the first one it was pretty poor quality anyways. I'll try and get a better video for you guys but the weather is going to crap quickly here in Ohio.

- - - Updated - - -

Just scored an 850 Demon DP off Ebay "Sweet"! You know what they say "stick to what works for you" and that's a Demon DP for me. Next summer is going to be way to much fun with the DP and a standard 5 speed:headbang:, I'm even considering a bump up in cam to maybe a roller but I??????????? Ahhhh this thing runs plenty strong enough as it is hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Thanks allot, I appreciate you taking the time to read it but now you have me wondering "what doesn't he like"?. Go ahead and let me have it, sometimes it's things I'm already questioning and just need that little nudge haha but I appreciate the good manners.

Well, the wheels aren't right for the car. Too "hoopty" looking. They don't look deep enuff for a b-body. Too many spokes, too much going on there. But, hey, it's your car and you can build it the way you want to. That's the fun of this hobby. You were totally "out-of-the-box" on this one and that style is right up my alley! Mod away!!! :)

Oh, and the Marky Mark song,,,,,,, nooooooooooooooooo.

Haha, if it makes you feal any better Im not a Marky Mark fan just kinda like that one song.......don't ask me why because I listen to almost nothing but rock. As for the wheels, that's the one area where you'll get the most differences in opinions I think and I knew their would be lovers and haters on that so no offense taken. Now the depth does strike me a bit because you can't get any deeper dish than that without narrowing the rear axle (they only clear the lip by about a 1/2"). I will say I've been thinking about what it would look like if I went to a slightly larger tire (more side wall)? Thanks again

Haha, if it makes you feal any better Im not a Marky Mark fan just kinda like that one song.......don't ask me why because I listen to almost nothing but rock. As for the wheels, that's the one area where you'll get the most differences in opinions I think and I knew their would be lovers and haters on that so no offense taken. Now the depth does strike me a bit because you can't get any deeper dish than that without narrowing the rear axle (they only clear the lip by about a 1/2"). I will say I've been thinking about what it would look like if I went to a slightly larger tire (more side wall)? Thanks again

i will help ya out with this, i will pm you my mailing address for those rims...lmao

No no no, I spent allot of time carefully picking those wheels out and they aren't going anywhere besides your wheels look allot like mine anyways. I do love the stance of yours, might play with mine this winter a little more.

No offense meant. You have an awesome car! I would drive it anywhere! Even with the wheels. lol

looks like you will be needing one of these...lol...wait til you hit the highway with that cruising in 5th with the motor not even working. its nice.

Attachments

• pg102.jpg
    pg102.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 203
looks like you will be needing one of these...lol...wait til you hit the highway with that cruising in 5th with the motor not even working. its nice.

I'm getting a chubby thinking about it lol. I do believe your right because the 3,100 rpm cruises where anything but enjoyable but on the other hand the 55mph country roads were a blast, now I just don't go past 4th on the back roads and then kick it up a gear for the freeway:headbang:. I've been paying allot of attention to the rpms while driving it lately just trying to get an idea of where I think the ideal cruising rpm would be and I think it's right around 2,000 rpm, this is where everything seams to be in perfect harmony. That means a drop to 4:10s which should make town driving a real hoot haha. I made a trip to Summit and picked up the oil, pilot bearing and flywheel bolts today in anticipation for it's arrival.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also looking into a little bigger cam and possibly using Roads lifters to get the best of both and possibly building another set of mufflers (I think adding the extra baffle was a mistake cause it's not loud enough).

i have driven 370 miles & 3.91 gear at 90mph in overdrive is awesome!!! you will love it!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back