• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Route 66 trip

I learned the hard way that in cities where softball is popular it's hard to just walk in and get a hotel room for one night during softball season.

Nope. I-40 going West out of OKC. It's very flat. Especially, the further you get from OKC.
Yes. My point/question was what was he doing on I44; thought this was a Rt66 trip. Reckon he's gonna pick up 66 further along, tho Oklahoma has more miles of 66 than any other state as I understand it...
Either way - appreciate the updates and photos. Lets us sorta travel along vicariously.

Yes. My point/question was what was he doing on I44; thought this was a Rt66 trip. Reckon he's gonna pick up 66 further along, tho Oklahoma has more miles of 66 than any other state as I understand it...
Either way - appreciate the updates and photos. Lets us sorta travel along vicariously.

We have had to dip on and off 66 here and there depending on what the captain says.
We have reservations for certain activities that must be met. And jumping on the interstate has been helpful in covering for time management deficits.

Take Old 66 (Central Ave) West out of Albaturkey at night and stop at the top of Angel's View...an amazing light show every night.

I used to sleep there every chance I got... Was the perfect sunrise to wake up to in my Peterbilt.

Day 3:
Stopped at the Route 66 museum.

IMG_8782.jpeg

IMG_8784.jpeg

IMG_8785.jpeg

IMG_8787.jpeg

Last edited:
This guy took a 4 week road trip in his 1929 Model A from NH to CA & back 3 years ago. I'd love to do the same in one of my Chargers some time in the future.

There's some Rt66 photos in the video.

We have had to dip on and off 66 here and there depending on what the captain says.
We have reservations for certain activities that must be met. And jumping on the interstate has been helpful in covering for time management deficits.
Hmmm. so yer not the captain of the ship? Just a galley slave? Sounds like time to 'be considerin a mutiny'....AAAARRRR....[he says in his best Pirate voice...] :lol:
[Dont forget too, International Talk Like A Pirate day is coming up in about 5 weeks...]

Auto Transport Service
Back