• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stroker kits... 440 Source? Eagle?

I'm using the 440 Source Aluminum Heads on the 67 GTX I purchased from 67 Satellite
I went through the entire engine with my "Bud"

PS: 440 Source is 42 miles from my house
You are in China? I thought you lived in Southeast CA.
I thought they restrict the internet usage in China...

I can tell you first hand if you go Eagle pay attention to the rear main seal knurl on the crank.had a 4.15 stroker .The knurl on the crank was cut to deep and oil gets underneath the seal and leaks. seams I'm not the only one that has had this problem.

View attachment 364314
I recall reading that. Hope you got it sorted out! Thanks for posting

Ski...If you are living in the High Desert in Reno then you are correct. They moved a while back to Carson City NV to get out of doing business in Commiefornia. Here's the address...cr8crshr/Tuck:usflag::usflag::usflag:

440 Source
3680 Research Way
Carson City, NV 89706

Ah ha!
Gee, they were right down here in the Lancaster Antelope Valley...(CA)
I wonder why they left?

Ha Ha!

Thanks for the info Tuck!
(once again I'm out of tune and out of touch)

I recall reading that. Hope you got it sorted out! Thanks for posting
Hi, still leaking when I pulled the trans back its bone dry!?. nothing obvious
its the original retainer and it didn't leak previously. I've been using the same engine builder for years and he has done a few motors for me no issues, he showed me other knurled cranks compared to mine and man you can see the difference.the knurl is aggressive,a proper knurl you should just barely be able to feel it with your finger nail, this thing feels like baseball cards on a bicycle spoke rim with my fingernail :wtf: so what to do (1)try another seal, retainers ... (2) pull the motor rip apart a strong running motor and fix it propper. funny it didn't leak on the dyno or maybe we just overlooked it.
(3)Thought about putting a GZ vacuum pump on it , spoke to Bill at GZ vacuum pumps, said it would work pull the oil back cost about $800 (low inches of vacuum,about 12") an expensive remedy and a pain in the ***
(4) live with it until freshen up time. and in the meantime was thinking of putting some of them absorbent pig blankets rapped up tight at the bottom of the tranny inspection cover and change them out periodically. basically a tampon:D Hay thought about a vanity plate and it was available !! :rolleyes: hum'oily rag near the headers potential fire hazard. scratch that idea..well winters coming ,keep ya posted. peace

ontherag.PNG :rofl:photo 2 (1).JPG

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back