• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The money is no object car. Whatcha going to buy?

You're Mr. Deep Pockets at the auction. Only limited by your good taste in automobiles. What are you going to buy, a Dodge or a Ferrari?

62 Ferrari 250 GTO
The best looking rolling art ever made.
downloadfile.jpg

I would just go all out looking for my Dads old car. I would take a boatload of $$ to buy it. And by this time, probably a boatload to restore it. It’s the only car I’ve ever really wanted.

00357CC1-CA9E-4C80-9D32-B3FA2A071AE8.jpeg F2C85658-4EB2-4138-AC43-B6C1A772B441.jpeg 9AF4934A-0483-4BD2-977E-974A2086B1DA.jpeg

I've already got it.
Yes. Doing it myself is satisfying.
But it would be nice to have unlimited money to farm it out to somewhere with more "resources" to do it better than I can.
It's a question of time.
I don't think you can buy time.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8lPC-yIgwhr-vRG4sNKOMWgUhzdtGvWBfMQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPU2pxA04WsJBCmnMgeMLbAQfwNHJWS0MPMA&usqp=CAU.jpg

Well, if money was no object I’d own BOTH. The Ferrari 250 GTO is pretty amazing along with a few other ones. I seem to gravitate to vintage vs new. I already have a couple cool mopars but would also like to add a 70 swinger 340 car into the mix. The mopar ‘wants’ seem to change with the seasons. Lol
Now new dodge or Ferrari seems to not do much for me. Yah all the ‘hell’ stuff you can buy is cool but not my bag. I don’t need or want a 1000 horsepower street car.

Last edited:
I think next time we might want to define parameters a bit? The "Wish list" went all over the place.

Maybe post. What B-body? If given free? One would probably have to take a winged hemi just on dollar value. But there are certainly other considerations if money was no object. Like the 1964 lightweight Race Hemi Savoy. With just some modern tuning (And today's tires.) it can run in the 10s. Only 55 made. That thing would be fun on the street.

2016-09-13_18-45-45-e1473802063428.jpg

I’d be after my dads old car... and what egr it took to bring it back to day one,
XS29U0G170626 if you stumble upon it!

I got a red X disagree on what I think MY PREFERENCES are? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:fool: :realcrazy: :icon_fU:

But it would be nice to have unlimited money to farm it out to somewhere with more "resources" to do it better than I can.

Anything I can't do like wiper motors, alternators, distributors I send out and are done by a guy who makes them look museum quality. Most of the interior and body work, paint etc. I do myself because I have learned that most shops don't care about my car as much as I do.

If a B body, It would have been Item number 248 at 4:48 in. And it sold for cheap. I would restore it back and build one of my LA 318 engines into a stroker for it. I need a more door Mopar in my life...

It wasn't a matter of not being able to get it, just of timing. I imagine It's already being parted out to bring other cars into being.

I think Jensen built 6,000 Volvo P1800 bodies for Volvo and the money from that was put into developing the Jensen Intereptor.

I like the oddball Chrysler powered European cars just because you don't see them often.
'67 Ghia 450 SS is built from a Barracuda. Early Sunbeam Tiger with Mopar small block.
As for the classic Mopar muscle cars, I would like a '67 Coronet R/T. That is what I was looking for when I got the '69 Coronet R/T which is also nice.
Back when I got the '71 Charger the third gen B-Bodies were not all that popular, same for the first generation Chargers, you could by either pretty cheap in the early 1980's. In many ways I like driving the '71 more than the '69 but I'm not sure why?

Most primitively wicked and beautiful car ever built. Air-cooled, flat 12. Porsche experimented with a flat 16. Nothing else sounds as vicious as a 917. These cars were clocked at 240+ at LeMans, in the early 70's.

Porsche-917k night.jpg

Last edited:
simple really, 1971 roadrunner and a 1971 charger rt, both FC7 with a white interior with the Hemi,4 speed and ALL the options

Auto Transport Service
Back