• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Roach

Got all the hard stuff on the left door reinstalled. It boggles my mind how workers were able to assemble a door on a moving line.

IMG_5841.jpeg

IMG_5840.jpeg

Typical repro parts …. always off just enough. Had to put the old pivot mechanism on the new handles because the ball stud position was off a little.

IMG_5822.jpeg

Got all the hard stuff on the left door reinstalled. It boggles my mind how workers were able to assemble a door on a moving line.

View attachment 1742533

View attachment 1742532

Typical repro parts …. always off just enough. Had to put the old pivot mechanism on the new handles because the ball stud position was off a little.

View attachment 1742535
I got pretty good with my 66 sedan. Had to clean and lube the crank twice....guess I didn't do it good enough the first time. I also did a 69 road runner and it was more of a pain. Did a full parts swap on the 69 from the old doors to a pair of 'new' doors but only did the crank mechanism on the 66. Pull the door handles on a 66 Coronet and it seemed to be easier than the 69 was. The 69 fought me every step of the way which is unusual for a Mopar....

that's what she said......

RC, what is that interior paint color?

is it the light making it look "off white"?

It is an off white color. I got a correct white upholstery paint (for some of the plastic parts) to match the interior & I had my guy color match it from his paint supplier.

The factory used those door handles on Dodge trucks and vans into the 90s. The truck mechanism is probably a little different. Good thing you didn't toss the old door handles.

Got part of the right door assembled, antenna wire, hood latch, spring, hood seals, right inner fender shield and the insulation on the ceiling and under the dash. That’s enough for today. Got the grandson coming over and hitting the last major car show of the season this afternoon.
IMG_5872.jpeg

IMG_5870.jpeg
IMG_5871.jpeg

IMG_5873.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back