• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time for a show lets see the 71-74's

I started looking back and realized I haven't put up pictures of mine here yet. Her name is Dolores and she is a project in the making. Since picking her up in September I've had to replace the Transmission, Engine, front end suspension components and rewire a lot of the electrical. But, she's on the road and reliably too now. I'll be looking for a sure grip rear here soon and installing that as she's got an open grocery getter in the diff right now, then probably tackle the rust next winter.

IMAG0536.jpg

100_1226.jpg

IMAG0400.jpg

022.jpg

Nice Looking RR/GTX you have there-love the purple and Im allways a fan of the Rallys

Ditto nice buy-Welcome to the forum

thanks, new to this forum

this is a WM23N Super Bee not number match 383 auto with rear sway bar which i don't see too many, trying to put it back to as original as possible

413024_10150437809632172_523392171_8922959_1572883666_o.jpg

Guess I'll post a recent pic of Wilma with her new sister, Betty. Oh, and please don't bother with the "it ain't no Charger if it has 4 doors" idiotic comments, people really need to get over that:

crr2.jpg crr1.jpg

Nice Looking RR/GTX you have there-love the purple and Im allways a fan of the Rallys

Thanks! When she finally gets the rust handled and gets painted, she'll be staying purple. She still has a decent little way to go, but all things considered it's minimal. Solid frame, very clean underside. Things that I need to tend to after the diff are the bumpers, surface rust, dings and horrible paint. Then, I'll be happy with a nice driver quality car that I can play around with and make my own. The VIN show's she's a real road runner, but the previous owner cloned her to a GTX. When I get to the body work, I'll remove the GTX emblems and probably only replace the road runner emblems like she left the factory.

Hey, since my fiance is a Airforce Captain I have acess to the Auto Hobby Club on the base here.3 bays to rent 2 for mechanical and a body bay
Very reasonable rates and cant say no all the helpful tips these great bunch of guys have to offer and w/years of experience its a win...win

more pics here
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=25927&page=2

That explains it. I used to live across from an Air Force base, and they had one. I didn't remember it until you reminded me.

That explains it. I used to live across from an Air Force base, and they had one. I didn't remember it until you reminded me.

They just renovated the one on my base, I'm going to check it out when I change out the rear diff.

Thanks! When she finally gets the rust handled and gets painted, she'll be staying purple. She still has a decent little way to go, but all things considered it's minimal. Solid frame, very clean underside. Things that I need to tend to after the diff are the bumpers, surface rust, dings and horrible paint. Then, I'll be happy with a nice driver quality car that I can play around with and make my own. The VIN show's she's a real road runner, but the previous owner cloned her to a GTX. When I get to the body work, I'll remove the GTX emblems and probably only replace the road runner emblems like she left the factory.

Tell us more about that purple car bro...You said it was cloned into a GTX?? Was it a 400 before or?? Nice looking white interior too..Im unsure if you said it was a stick or not?? When I bought my 72 X it had shackles on the back real close to what you are running...Man I got teased about them all the time...Nobody liked the look so they had to go..Here is a photo..

!Byrv!owBWk~$(KGrHqUOKnIEw9VyLDzbBMSztJcD+!~~_3.jpg !ByQEyZ!!Wk~$(KGrHqF,!icEw5rbJUU9BMQ5(Z!8Bg~~_3.jpg

Guess I'll post a recent pic of Wilma with her new sister, Betty. Oh, and please don't bother with the "it ain't no Charger if it has 4 doors" idiotic comments, people really need to get over that:

I hear ya about the chargers I drive a 06 charger srt8. They are one nice to drive. Sweet rides though. Wish my 72 looked as good, still in the works.

I hear ya about the chargers I drive a 06 charger srt8. They are one nice to drive. Sweet rides though. Wish my 72 looked as good, still in the works.

hey, that is a sore point I am not getting over.
First car I remember riding in was mom's 69 Charger Daytona.

The new Charger RT and SRTs are GREAT sedans.

But I still say they should have called them Coronet RT and SRTs and saved the Charger name for a coupe.

Dodge has been smart as hell about marketing those sedans I will fully admit.
Got nostalgia, new performance sedan, and basic trans sedan all wrapped up in that line. And I think they are hitting it out of the park doing a new Bee which is basically a Charger SRT8 minus about 8K of fancy options. Really hoping they offer a similar option on the Challenger and call it a T/A or something.

And when all is said and done a RWD V8 LX sedan called Charger is a lot easier to swallow than the L-body fiascos in the 80s.

hey, that is a sore point I am not getting over.
First car I remember riding in was mom's 69 Charger Daytona.

The new Charger RT and SRTs are GREAT sedans.

But I still say they should have called them Coronet RT and SRTs and saved the Charger name for a coupe.

Dodge has been smart as hell about marketing those sedans I will fully admit.
Got nostalgia, new performance sedan, and basic trans sedan all wrapped up in that line. And I think they are hitting it out of the park doing a new Bee which is basically a Charger SRT8 minus about 8K of fancy options. Really hoping they offer a similar option on the Challenger and call it a T/A or something.

And when all is said and done a RWD V8 LX sedan called Charger is a lot easier to swallow than the L-body fiascos in the 80s.

I agree with you, I always thought they should have redesigned them as a two door like the concept was. My dad has a 68charger he's working on, he makes fun of mine sometimes, but since I have a kid in a car seat it makes it a lot easier lol. These new charger do look better then the 80s versions. Well they do have that Mopar edition challenger with the T/A hood scoop on it. Plus we shall see what they are going to do with the new dart, from the sounds of it its gonna be front wheel drive with just 4 cylinder power plant.

That concept was sweet.

The Fiat Dart, which I will only refer to as the FART,
is more painful to me than the zero retro cues GTO of 04-06. (Although sweet drivetrains and sharp looks Pontiac missed the retro boat)

That concept was sweet.

The Fiat Dart, which I will only refer to as the FART,
is more painful to me than the zero retro cues GTO of 04-06. (Although sweet drivetrains and sharp looks Pontiac missed the retro boat)

Lol true couldn't agree more with you on that:hello2:

Tell us more about that purple car bro...You said it was cloned into a GTX?? Was it a 400 before or?? Nice looking white interior too..Im unsure if you said it was a stick or not?? When I bought my 72 X it had shackles on the back real close to what you are running...Man I got teased about them all the time...Nobody liked the look so they had to go..Here is a photo..

It was originally a 400, I think may have been manual at one point. I bought it in September from a guy who was reselling it after "fixing" it up a tad. The vin says roadrunner but not gtx. The vin also says 400 and that it came out of the windsor plant. The fender tag was gone when i bought it when they did the horrible quality paint job shes wearing now. They had cloned it to a gtx and put in a 440 before i bought it along with those shackles. Since getting it i have discovered how much they loved epoxy and how much they covered up every problem imaginable with it. She now has a '69 440HP out of a charger in her along with a new tranny. She still has the airplane geared open rear diff in there that was swapped in before i bought it. Thats next to go. I looked under the bottom part of the back seat with a flashlight and a mirror but didnt see a build sheet. I didnt pull it out to look behind the back support though, as this is my first classic and didnt know if it would actually be there. Tried to get rid of the shackles, but the previous owner had the new exhaust welded into place with the shackles on, so they're staying put for the time being.

Last edited:
Here some pictures from my 71 Charger 500....

Best regards

Michael

5068.jpg DSC05081.jpg mm10b1.jpg 5078.jpg

Something about this gen Charger and black, the black on the grill looks mean and ready.. looks good Michael....
and welcome aboard the forum!

Auto Transport Service
Back