• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time for a show lets see the 71-74's

That's the weird part. There is no sign that the hood was ever reworked or customized to fit a '72. Even the previous owner talked to several people & all looked at the hood and found that it is as originally made, with no modification. The general consensus is that it is either an aftermarket part, or some experimental factory stamping. The history of the car is foggy at best. All we know is that it was a Satellite Sebring built in Windsor. It was originally blue(not sure B5 or B7). As it is, it has the original 318, and one of the previous owners tried to make an RR clone. He painted the bumpers body colour, changed a few other things... Don't know how original the interior is, or what options were there. I don't have the fender tag. At some point the front fenders were replaced with fibreglass versions.

Overall, it's a complete car that runs. There are some issues both major & minor that will need to be addressed (front subframe, inner fenders, some minor bodywork).

It was one of those things, my son loves the 71-72 Plymouth B body, and wanted a car(for his first) that he could work on and learn how to do things.

In this case, the stars aligned and he found his dream. His first CAR, and best of all, it's the car he wanted above all else.

He's busy with school now, but I'm sure that soon he'll be on the forum as well. I look forward to spending time together working on the car, and learning much from everyone here. Be ready for lots of questions.

...and no vents over the cowl...

I know this car....The guy would always try and park beside my 72 RR at pier 4....I offered him 5g for the car once....did yer boy get it with the baby seat still in the back?.....lol

IMG_7601.jpg

Very cool whatchamacallit at the trunk key hole there --- what is it?

An emblem off of an Imperial. The bracket/stud/nut directly to the left of the safety switch is the bracket for the parachute.

Thanks, Flys-Lo -- I meant the silver bird you've got surrounding the key hole. Have found one of those on eBay thanks to some incredible luck with search terms, lol!

btw, must be nice to have a car with a parachute. :D

I edited the post - it's an emblem off of an Imperial.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Flys-Lo -- I meant the silver bird you've got surrounding the key hole. Have found one of those on eBay thanks to some incredible luck with search terms, lol!

btw, must be nice to have a car with a parachute. :D

Here are a few more.

IMG_3031_zpsf8e6da2c.jpg

IMG_0815_zpsbbab8ff5.jpg

IMG_9888_zps0f485dea.jpg

^ Very badass looking machine there. Black on black on black on black! :headbang:

Thanks for the emblem info.

Local car show passed Sunday

Attachments

• IMG_0137.JPG
    IMG_0137.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 919
ming...that's a great panoramic shot!

- - - Updated - - -

2012-10-17172336.gif

2012-10-17171957.gif

Local car show passed Sunday

Ming, I thought for sure you would be back with a photo of your ride :), Hope you'll post yours to! were all kind of addicted to the car ****!

djais, thats one of the coolest back grounds ive seen!

IMAG0196.jpg This is my 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus. I have kept the car all original beside painting the grill and headlight covers. Yes it has a 318 2 barrel carter. Slow but lovely :D

Very nice SSP. Are those whitewalls, or just a lighting trick the way the photo was taken?

Pics of my 72

318 satellite that wants to be a big block RR. Actually for sale.

Attachments

• andys pics 456.jpg
    andys pics 456.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 821
  • 2012-09-30 15.20.35.jpg
    2012-09-30 15.20.35.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 800
  • 2012-10-02 10.28.56.jpg
    2012-10-02 10.28.56.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 827
  • 2012-10-02 13.11.36.jpg
    2012-10-02 13.11.36.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 797
View attachment 86796 This is my 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus. I have kept the car all original beside painting the grill and headlight covers. Yes it has a 318 2 barrel carter. Slow but lovely :D

Beautiful car, Looks sinister sitting there with the lights hitting it!

- - - Updated - - -

Heres a couple pics of my sons 72 we just got on the road
View attachment 86799View attachment 86798

Sharp Charger there Matt! You guys did a great job on it!

- - - Updated - - -

318 satellite that wants to be a big block RR. Actually for sale.

Thats a nice car, If she wants a BB, put one in her! Then you wont want to sell, lol you'll be havin a ball in it!!

not a huge fan of the 73+..but the grill/headlight buckets painted makes it look a lil more sinister

It kinda reminds me of something...kid named arnie used to drive one just like it, I heard he got in ALOT of trouble with it. Was red and white and sinister........Wait! maybe that was a 58'

Auto Transport Service
Back