• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Been messin' with my tranny..... LOL!

i-vppKPqC-M.jpg

i-vgKMvR9-M.jpg

i-pfTWNvG-M.jpg

Then we converted to a hydraulic clutch while we were under there.... (Under where??? LOL!)

i-jxnTpqB-M.jpg

i-3dmkHn6-M.jpg

i-zLqd2mN-M.jpg

Looked in my garage and saw the empty engine bay, and remembered I still have a lot of things left to do. Then I got online and ordered parts for my engine, which I have to pick back up next week from the machine shop. I will be happy when I can drive it again!!

Waxed it above the waistline. Treated the rust up under it with Eastmans Rust converter. It has some mild rust issues in the lower body roll at the right quarter ands the lip under the rocker.

Still looking for the power on button in the Sony CD player. I just bought the car and don't have the manual, further its in the glove box. Hopefully its a low battery in the remote. It turned it off maybe on its last gasp. Try new battery and second remote that came with the car. I got the soundtrack from GREASE loaded.

fired her up, took her around the neighborhood tour, got a few thumbs up as normal, then back in her warm garage stall, it's cold & icy out...

I spent a couple hours in the garage today kind of trying to remember what all i was in the process of doing more then 2 months ago, I made some new brackets for my fan shroud i was doing and have two more new ones to make, then its time to put the new brake shoes and wheel cylinders on the back, or i should say finish the job.. It was relaxing to get back to some work on the car..

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Thought it would be good to fill the truck up, so i did get to drive a Mopar today to.. :)

i fretted, stewed, thought of a a plan, decided against that plan, thought of another plan, second guessed all current and previous plans, got frustrated, made a decision, got frustrated again, got distracted, then started thinking about it again, thought about all the things i have to do before i can even get started on the plan i'm trying to decide on, got distracted, second guessed myself again, thought for a while about cars I've owned and wish i still owned and cars I wish i had bought.

repeated.
PS found fender tag for the RR yesterday ... now got to locate the 68 ... why the hell didn't i have them together?

73 Sat-

Last week was new gas tank.

This week it's heater control valve.

Kinda hard to find and kinda pricey.

Found one close enough for $40. Now fabbing a bracket.

My car seems to have the original heater hoses and spring clamps!

Next up will be figuring out the HVAC vacuum. It's stuck on dash vents only.

...and then UBJ replacement.

Adjusted the fuel sending unit...for the 4th time(!). I think I am getting closer...

Took a ride out to the Sunday morning cruise spot, 50 miles away, hoping the fog would clear out, got worse the further from home we went. Misc 1-13-13 072.jpg

New York Weather in the low 50's..Checked fluids & a carb adjustment , charged battery. Great day for a ride. Almost got T-boned by a C__t on the cell Phone. Then I had to scare the **** out her. Feel better. GTX home safe & a lesson learned to a Moron....

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 251
Did my annual oil change and cleaned my fuel filters over the weekend. Took the car out Saturday to a local cruise in. Weather was in the upper 70s, almost like early summer...
I continue to get pieces of the damn blue foam that's in my fuel cell so I guess I need to bite the bullet and pull it out and flush the cell good.

I pulled my valve covers to refinish. Got carb ready to take off, pulling intake for a refinish.

Attachments

• P1131627.jpg
    P1131627.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 241
  • P1131625.jpg
    P1131625.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 259
  • P1141628.jpg
    P1141628.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 227
  • P1141629.jpg
    P1141629.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 239
Worked on my fan shroud today, Very glad i just got a 5 gallon jug of kerocene for the torpedo heater, It was a cold one hear, sun made it look warm, but a little bone chilling outdoors lol, I used to like the winter months back when i hunted and trapped, but now Arther and Ritus just seem to fight with me to much! Garage work a whole lot warmer..

Cleaned up the 63 for 150 mile trip to Melborne Fl. Mopar show on saturday looks like rain in the forecast,we'll see.

fixed the miss on my new charger 318....guy had it wired 1 plug over on the cap all the way around...then i thought , timing chain jump o no, nope runs great but did find a hole in the header right near the flange on the head drivers side front...pin hole but still means it needs welded or a new pair...hopefully welding will work as b body headers are outrageous compared to any other non Mopar car header price....wouldn't mind finding a pair of 71-74 manifold's to swap to...its a 318 but im working with a fellow member on a intake carb set up for a 340...is there a difference between 340 and 360 exhaust manny's for the 71-74 B bodies?

Auto Transport Service
Back