• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who else is ready for summer?

The hot can definatly be annoying but I have been at the other end of the spectrum working on the North Slope in Alaska where the ambient temps were sitting around -60 (yes below zero) and one day the reader board read -110!!!! I never knew it could get that cold! I couldn't dress enough for that cold. Even with plug in sorels my feet still got cold. SUCKED!!
So I think I'll take the "extreme" heat where everyone is either in minimal or NO clothes!! YEA!!!

I know what you mean, even here in Washington is too cold for me even at 60*. I miss the bright beautiful sun and the HEAT it brings YEA. I kinda miss the 130* heat in Kuwait and Iraq. Wish it was summer here in Washington.

Man Roadbird, you must be nuts. I sure don't miss that 130F heat from the middle east......Cooked during the day and then sitting on a cot at night when it's almost 90*F shivering. I do miss hiding folks cloths and towels while they were in the shower tent and the spectacle that followed, or safety wiring peoples tent zippers shut..lol Oh yeah, dumping sand in a fellas moisturizing lotion that wouldn't stop with his 5 finger girlfriends at night. Ouch....think he switched to Shampoo. Always smelled like Pert in our friggin tent after that. Animals I tell ya.

Not me I hate summer. 95 degree days, no thanks. Now spring and fall I can get behind.

hell no ! its in the mid 70's and 50's at night and no rain for 3 months. only problem is all the yankee drivers slowing my commute. if you dont like winter wtf are you living there for?

hell no ! its in the mid 70's and 50's at night and no rain for 3 months. only problem is all the yankee drivers slowing my commute. if you dont like winter wtf are you living there for?
I'm in Florida now clogging up the commute. And bumping your economy with $$$ from California. 70 here is better than 60 in San Jose. Even in peak season, Florida traffic is mellow compared to what I'm used to.

We just had our first cold snap, below freezing, and measurable snowfall, 2". That means 1/2" of salt laid down on all the roads. No more outings with the cars until Spring and some good rain to clean the roads again. Hoping for and early Spring.

I'm in Florida now clogging up the commute. And bumping your economy with $$$ from California. 70 here is better than 60 in San Jose. Even in peak season, Florida traffic is mellow compared to what I'm used to.
Welcome to the sunshine state. Your just from the other west coast, its all cool. Hope you stopped at Big Daddy's Museum of Drag Racing History on your way down the I75 coridoor.

Nope not me, hear in Ohio it's been cold 8 degrees one morning. I can add clothes in the winter (the summer on the other hand) you can only remove so much. Anywhere in between 35-80 degrees and I'm happy, above or below that nah. Bring on spring and fall.

We just had our first cold snap, below freezing, and measurable snowfall, 2". That means 1/2" of salt laid down on all the roads. No more outings with the cars until Spring and some good rain to clean the roads again. Hoping for and early Spring.

After the last few single digit and close to foot and half of white stuff days, I think im in agreement! I always liked winter but hearing everyone hear in the south and in the west, seeing videos, id rather have some fun in the Plymouth instead of a 4X4 to get to the store! lol.

After the last few single digit and close to foot and half of white stuff days, I think im in agreement! I always liked winter but hearing everyone hear in the south and in the west, seeing videos, id rather have some fun in the Plymouth instead of a 4X4 to get to the store! lol.

Jeez Ron, at least you guys got some snow with these bone-chilling temps. all we got was -13 with the wind chill and no pretty snow to look at! lol

I was ready for summer on the last day of fall, winter sucks and is a waste of several months.

Mar, The thing about that here is, I put my tractor clear back hear under a porch roof off our kitchen, Its a Wheelhorse, works great with plowing, even moving cars around here.. I put it there because my son in law has been plowing for us and i didn't really need it, Well he left the plow to the truck down, froze in the mud and then broke something in the front of the old Chevy and couldn't plow, WAY to much snow to get the tractor thru the yard to the drive way, My fault but Ive just had to make other arrangements until i can get it out.. sooo, it sucks right now but, I had the Ram to mash down enough snow to get her car out the first day of this and if necessary she can just drive the truck, shes a little timid about that, but you do what you have to, 10-4 lol.. Not a biggie, If she stays home, i can keep her entertained. :icon_biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

And please keep the - temps away! :)

Every time it freezes around here they start spraying de-icer on the roads, even the secondary roads out here in the sticks. They must have a billion gallons of that crap somewhere that they feel like they have to use before spring gets here. So my car is in the shop until it warms up and rains a couple of times to wash that sh*t off the roads. I call that stuff pickle juice or instant rat rod.

Jeez Ron, at least you guys got some snow with these bone-chilling temps. all we got was -13 with the wind chill and no pretty snow to look at! lol

Yeah! .........and on top of that, he's got cookies and fresh blueberry pie!

Auto Transport Service
Back