• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has MOVED from their home state ? How difficult was it for you?

Come on RC! Don't go killin this thread, Ill look at that as a joke, I hope Mods do too?
At least #1 is a recyclable material, so that's good!
I might as well let my cat out of the bag here! I'm now enjoying life now in the TN. Valley in upper Alabama. The weather here temp wise reminds me of the WX in the Vacaville area, but not nearly as hot as they get and a little bit colder and more frosty mornings. Last summer I was surprised that it wasn't as humid as I expected, maybe it's because I'm at 900" elevation? Last winter the week before X-mas was in the 60's, it was 5* and a 1/2" of snow, then 72* for new year's day a week later. I can live with that. I guess that's why they call it the cold & flu season?

Whuuut? You moved from Nevada?
Yeap, closed on a house on Veterans Day 2021. It was bad enough to be a homeless Vet, even worse living with family! You mean you never saw the pic of my garage? This is the main reason why I bought what I bought on 1.5 acres!
I saw the SHTF with the economy, it was buy now or forever stay homeless! I'm glad I'm locked in at 2.75%!
P1010680.JPG

Last edited:
Yeap, closed on a house on Veterans Day 2021. It was bad enough to be a homeless Vet, even worse living with family! You mean you never saw the pic of my garage? This is the main reason why I bought what I bought on 1.5 acres!
I saw the SHTF with the economy, it was buy now or forever stay homeless! I'm glad I'm locked in at 2.75%!
View attachment 1439308
How bout more pics of the kars?

How bout more pics of the kars?
You really want to see pics of a 94 Dodge Caravan? because you nicely asked. LOL
Man, that CA. sun really beat the crap outta the paint on the van!
153.JPG

154.JPG

625.JPG
626.JPG

Well, the Caravan isn't really a car but old vans are cool imo and so is the Chrysler :D

View attachment 1439308
Congratulations!! And yes that is a nice area....

Care to explain?
What's there to explain about a small town, or small town livin?? The courthouse square is in the center of town. They roll up the sidewalks at 6PM every day, everything's closed on the Sabbath, the way it should be! You can sit on the park bench outside the barber shop, or in the courthouse square and watch the world go by, or jaw jack with the other fellow sittin there about last's nights weather.
Expand your mind for more!

Nevada, one of the reasons being rampant filth and sidewalk living being tolerated in California. This is on a main thoroughfare near the old time Tognotti’s speed shop in Sacramento, CA last week. I could have taken 50-100 photos of similar encampments. And none of the businesses in the area including the speed shop would allow you to use a restroom even if purchasing items. They explained that they say no to everyone so that they cannot be sued for discrimination when telling a druggie homeless person no. Crazy. 7D6B3305-BBE1-4A1D-B950-39252A51DB72.png606D4530-8F80-4A5F-818C-3D034CD71061.png2508B77C-7744-457A-A508-572CDB917964.png

Nevada, one of the reasons being rampant filth and sidewalk living being tolerated in California. This is on a main thoroughfare near the old time Tognotti’s speed shop in Sacramento, CA last week. I could have taken 50-100 photos of similar encampments. And none of the businesses in the area including the speed shop would allow you to use a restroom even if purchasing items. They explained that they say no to everyone so that they cannot be sued for discrimination when telling a druggie homeless person no. Crazy. View attachment 1439418View attachment 1439419View attachment 1439421
That is sad and disgusting. We, the city of St. Louis, ran an encampment out last week. They were 50 feet from the interstate and up against a guys fence which they used to hold up a string of lean to's. They pulled up with a dump truck and loaded it full several times. They know that they'll just move down the road and then in a month or so they'll start the whole thing over. My neighbor was talking about it the other day and said we need to do something about it. I said I'll take one if you do, he looked at me as if I called his wife a whore. All talk to make himself feel good with no substance. I guess it's true, when your neighbor loses his job it's a recession, when you lose yours, it's a depression..............

Update:
We are back looking at a house in Kingman that I posted about before.

1688465956880.png

It is the 2700 + sq ft house on 8 acres. There is so much that we like about it, every other property that we looked at gets compared against it. This place is in the price range that is slow to move in this economy. Having a shop is a gigantic plus. Not having one means building something almost immediately since I can't have all my tools and stuff outside for extended periods of time. Maybe within a week or so I'll have additional news on this.
I love the feeling of anticipation. The feeling sure is inspiring.

1688466038426.png

1688466135244.png

Last edited:
Update:
We are back looking at a house in Kingman that I posted about before. It is the 2700 + sq ft house on 8 acres. There is so much that we like about it, every other property that we looked at gets compared against it. This place is in the price range that is slow to move in this economy. Having a shop is a gigantic plus. Not having one means building something almost immediately since I can't have all my tools and stuff outside for extended periods of time. Maybe within a week or so I'll have additional news on this.
KD
Making the decision to jump is difficult
especially when you're used to the
gorgeous climates of Cali.
Kingman is a great area to consider
moving to.
I've a sister who lives in Las Vegas.
Many trips to there included an
overnight stay in Kingman. There's
just a feeling about that town.
Hope (if you decide) your move goes
smoothly.

Update:
We are back looking at a house in Kingman that I posted about before. It is the 2700 + sq ft house on 8 acres. There is so much that we like about it, every other property that we looked at gets compared against it. This place is in the price range that is slow to move in this economy. Having a shop is a gigantic plus. Not having one means building something almost immediately since I can't have all my tools and stuff outside for extended periods of time. Maybe within a week or so I'll have additional news on this.
Sounds awesome. 8 acres? You can do some damage with that. I'm assuming out building for shop?

I'm happy for you and jealous at the same time. Lol.

Update:

View attachment 1489328

It is the 2700 + sq ft house on 8 acres. There is so much that we like about it, every other property that we looked at gets compared against it. This place is in the price range that is slow to move in this economy. Having a shop is a gigantic plus. Not having one means building something almost immediately since I can't have all my tools and stuff outside for extended periods of time. Maybe within a week or so I'll have additional news on this.

View attachment 1489329

View attachment 1489330
Nice countertop area for laying out parts!

Update:

View attachment 1489328

View attachment 1489329

View attachment 1489330

If you move there, you’ll have to change your screen name to Kernston Howell III.

If you don’t buy it, someone else will and you’ll be kicking yourself in the ***! That house/shop/acreage looks really sweet, plus I’m betting the shop is insulated and has ac?

Auto Transport Service
Back