• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Plymouth GTX

I am still trying to get the correct color paint for the dash pads, arm rests, console, etc.
Here's a close up picture of the lower dash pad color.
Any idea what the color code is and where I can purchase it?
Correct Dash Pad Color.JPG

Here is the color of the glove box. I took a picture of the side of it since it was quite worn out on the front.
Glove Box Color.JPG

I'm not sure what this color code is either though I think it is a Teal Blue from previous discussions.
Anyone know who sells it?

Last edited:
I am still trying to get the correct color paint for the dash pads, arm rests, console, etc.
Here's a close up picture of the lower dash pad color.
Any idea what the color code is and where I can purchase it?
View attachment 1492419

Here is the color of the glove box. I took a picture of the side of it since it was quite worn out on the front.
View attachment 1492443

I'm not sure what this color code is either though I think it is a Teal Blue from previous discussions.
Anyone know who sells it?

The dash is what's called Suede finish... If you read the little header it tells what components got what texture..
Bahama Blue Poly

Okay, another question for y'all.
The old blower motor on the heater box was seized up solid. I ordered a replacement for it but the vent hole on the motor points in the wrong direction when installed.
In the picture notice that both motors have the vent up toward the top, yet the mounting studs are pointing in different directions.
The original motor mounts so that the vent hose installs, the new motor makes it impossible.
Since I cannot find a part number on the original motor I am having difficulty finding a replacement that will fit.
Wrong Motor has hole out of sync with studs.JPG

I had the same issue but was able to find a NOS motor... But I found that probably 18-20 years ago... I'll see if I can dig up a pt #...

BTW haven't made it by my storage to get photos of the dash pad...

I had the same issue but was able to find a NOS motor... But I found that probably 18-20 years ago... I'll see if I can dig up a pt #...

BTW haven't made it by my storage to get photos of the dash pad...
No hurry, I am kind of at a stand still.
Need to get the dash pads painted before I can assemble the dash.
Need to get the blower motor issue addressed before I can finish the heater box rebuild.
Would have to find places for all the disassembled parts and pieces before I can do anymore bodywork and painting.
I appreciate everyone's help. Working on a car that is 55 years old and a specific model year is taking a lot more time that I even imagined it would.

I'm looking at my 68 parts manual on CD, unfortunately my computer with a built in CD drive died... I have a stand alone CD drive for the mini laptop I'm currently using, just no idea where Coral put it.... Typical...

Hello! Yeah, lookup a place in Marrietta Georgia called Vinyl Pro, and the guy that mixes the SEM colors will fix you up!

I used a Dupont product called SpectraMaster. Came in a dizzying array of choices.

I can’t speak to the accuracy of the color match, but OER only offers vinyl paint in light blue and dark blue for ‘68 Dodge and Plymouth. Your photo looks like the light blue, the dark blue is more of a navy blue color…

Light Blue

68 Dash pad photos, if you need any other details let me know.. BTW the angle in the last photo is ten degrees
IMG_8128.jpg
IMG_8129.jpg
IMG_8130.jpg
IMG_8131.jpg
IMG_8133.jpg
IMG_8134.jpg
IMG_8135.jpg

Thanks, I saved the pics in my reference photos folder.
When I get around to doing the other dash pad, I will spend some extra time to try and get it perfect, if possible.
If it turns out great, then I will paint it and swap it out for this one.

While waiting for parts on the heater box, I decided to paint the trunk lid and quarter panel extensions. Here's the inside shot with reduced epoxy primer as a sealer coat. By the way its 97 degrees out and about 90 degrees in the booth. Ugh!
White Epoxy as sealer quarter extensions.JPG

White Epoxy as sealer Inside Trunk Lid.JPG

Trunk Lid Inside.JPG

Lights and sun reflecting make it look like there are issues.
So I took a close up with lights off just before the sun set.
Trunk Lid Inside close up.JPG

I plan to paint the other side tomorrow.

Installed the trunk lid and seal.
The lid looks fine side to side and along the rear deck panel but it too high at the rear.
Raised the catch on trunk lid as high as it will go but still need about 1/4" to get it in the right position. Any suggestions?

Auto Transport Service
Back