• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet 440 project

Nice job, funny the time spent on little things that you'll never see but like you said "you'll know". I'm the same way.

Thanks 7, she's starting to come together. I'm hoping to get the package tray and rear window area done before the snow flies. Unless I can figure out how to get heat in my garage.

Thanks 7, she's starting to come together. I'm hoping to get the package tray and rear window area done before the snow flies. Unless I can figure out how to get heat in my garage.

Hope you get it done before the white stuff, I don't know how much you heat but if you could grab a small turbo heater it may help, i have a small one here that runs off kerosene, 36,000 i think it is and does a great job but im only heating a 18-20 building, even one large kerosene heater works pretty good in a small area to help out a little.. Good luck...

Hope you get it done before the white stuff, I don't know how much you heat but if you could grab a small turbo heater it may help, i have a small one here that runs off kerosene, 36,000 i think it is and does a great job but im only heating a 18-20 building, even one large kerosene heater works pretty good in a small area to help out a little.. Good luck...

That's what I was thinking Ron. At the very least a kerosene space heater would even do the trick. Just remember to put the gas cans for the lawn mower outside when I do it. LOL

I get home from work today and my shrinker / stretcher from Eastwood was waiting for me. Time to get to work!!! :)

RearWindowChannel_12.jpg

This tool is easy to use but I really tore up the paint on the tools because I had to put them in my bench vise to hold it. I'm going to have to come up with some kind of a stand to mount them on. Here is what I made before it got dark.

RearWindowChannel_13.jpg

RearWindowChannel_14.jpg

This weekend I'll weld them in and be done with the upper window channel. :) I start school tomorrow and right now I don't want to go! I want to work on the Coronet LOL.

"School" never again. Looks like they worked pretty good, nice job.

Yea school, I just received my associates degree this past spring so now I'm working on my bachelors degree.

Hey BigBlock61, greetings from another Michigander - Congratulations on the Associates degree, and keep pushing and get that Bachelors degree ! At least we'll know why you're not posting on this site if we don't see your for a while. Your fab work looks great - keep it up and keep us posted.

Oh yeah, that's why I live in NC now, the white stuff ( and a job that relocated me here ).

Hey BigBlock61, greetings from another Michigander - Congratulations on the Associates degree, and keep pushing and get that Bachelors degree ! At least we'll know why you're not posting on this site if we don't see your for a while. Your fab work looks great - keep it up and keep us posted.

Oh yeah, that's why I live in NC now, the white stuff ( and a job that relocated me here ).

Thanks conv67bdere, Thanks and I figure I'm in it too far to give up on my degree now. Thanks for the complement on the fab work. I say this all the time but it is "just one piece at a time". :)

Congrats on the degree and one to go! You'll get there and the Coronet will be a fun remembrance while you study and when its part of the past and your riding around in the car that ill bet is a great refuge and break from studying.. You guys are quickly talking me into those tools from Eastwood lol, How to sell this to the wife as a necessary tool im in need of :)

Congrats on the degree and one to go! You'll get there and the Coronet will be a fun remembrance while you study and when its part of the past and your riding around in the car that ill bet is a great refuge and break from studying.. You guys are quickly talking me into those tools from Eastwood lol, How to sell this to the wife as a necessary tool im in need of :)

Thanks Ron, The Coronet does have a connection with school, but I talk about it all the time. If you lived closer I'd just let you borrow mine. How 'bout, "It would be more money to have them professionally made that to just buy the tool." I'd believe that!

Thats why you have a degree and i don't! lol, It may work but she knows me pretty good after 40 plus years of interrogations and Spock like mind melds!

Look what I got on Thursday from mopar505.

RearWindowLowerChannel.jpg

The rear window lower channel and the left inner corner for the window. I'm going to put both of these pieces to good use. :) Now I just need to get the rest of the corner pieces and figure out how they go together. I also need to get the dutchman panel. Once I do all that the rear window will be finished. I started welding in the upper window channel that I made with my shrinker and stretcher. I'll post those pics when it's done.

Ok the rear window upper channel is finally done. I'm figuring out that I need to slow down and be more patient. The roof line is a little warped. I guess that just means extra body work when that time comes.

RearWindowChannel_15.jpg

RearWindowChannel_16.jpg

It sure looks different from when I started. :)
RearWindowChannel_02.jpg

I ordered all the pieces that I need to do the lower corners tonight from Roseville Chrysler here in Roseville Mi. Now I can't wait till they get here!

It sure does look good. Just wait till you get the window corners in. You'll probably be like me and look at them everytime you walk by it and say what a difference a small piece can make.

looking good.

Thank you Mr. Case!

- - - Updated - - -

It sure does look good. Just wait till you get the window corners in. You'll probably be like me and look at them everytime you walk by it and say what a difference a small piece can make.

It's funny you say that Roger. My daughter told me the same thing last night. She came home from her friends house and I was out in the garage finishing up the grinding on the upper channel. She said that the car is really starting to come together and how she notices me going out of my way to look at it. She thought it was funny. :)

You might want to rethink the kerosene heater, they pump out a lot of moisture.....a lot lot.

Lookin Good BB! I just now see we are both doing the rear windows. And using the same shrinker/strecher-s, in a vice. I will have to read back thru here to pick up tips. I wish someone made corners for mine. Good work.

Auto Transport Service
Back