• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet 440 project

It's good to break up the monotony once in a while. I haven't even been able to do that at home. Everything else has come up that I can't get any time in the garage. I think you will enjoy Vanishing Point 2. Invite some of your car buddies over to watch it.

Vanishing Point 2! I guess there's another movie I'm going to have to watch. :)

Ohh yeah, I found its always nice to take a break from sheet metal to turn a wrench or polish on something for a bit. I always have a few different things going at once to keep my sanity if one starts getting tedious lol

And some good classic movie choices! Dmcl is a staple, just watched the original gone in 60 seconds again the other day, vanishing point never gets old, the 90's remake wasn't too bad (the Charger was cool) but I like the original better. And don't forget Death Proof!
:eek:ccasion14:

And some good classic movie choices! Dmcl is a staple, just watched the original gone in 60 seconds again the other day, vanishing point never gets old, the 90's remake wasn't too bad (the Charger was cool) but I like the original better. And don't forget Death Proof!

With fall just around the corner along with Halloween, there's always the Phantasm movies to watch. I like how the Cuda goes from a 440, to a Hemi, then a convertable in the first, second, and third movies. :grin:

ok john,enough talk about movies,and by the way another good fab job.keep on moparing.

ok john,enough talk about movies,and by the way another good fab job.keep on moparing.

Not a big movie buff I take it? LOL. Thanks for the encouragement and you do the same. I'm going out to see if I can't finish my package tray today before it rains.

Well all of the rot on the package tray is officially gone. Once I get my compressor back from the repair shop I can make it look better. I'm not sure why I'm so concerned with making it look pretty because nobody will ever see it. I guess it comes down to, I'll know. I'm also still going to graft in a 6x9 speaker hole on the other side. I want the symmetry of the speaker grills facing the same way.

PackageTray_15.jpg

Now it's time to move on to the rear window channel. The rear corners are going to be fun. Including the package tray end pieces there are four parts that make up each corner

68-70b-bodypackagetraypanelextensionright-7966.jpg

68-70b-bodybackglasslowercornerfiller-rhexccharger-8080.jpg

68-70b-bodydeckfillerinsidepatch-3660.jpg

654-1468-1R.jpg

From there I'll still have to fabricate the upper window channel.

Fun fun, making some solid progress.

now, there is only one word for that work, its called moparing in john's fab shop.mopar gods are watching you.

Fun fun, making some solid progress.

Thanks 7, at the very least it's a little closer. :)

- - - Updated - - -

now, there is only one word for that work, its called moparing in john's fab shop.mopar gods are watching you.

I guess I've learned a new word today, "moparing" the act of restoring ones Mopar! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

On with the show. I started repairing the rear window channel today. After talking with hunt2elk I may have a way to do the upper corners. here's what I've done so far.

RearWindowChannel_08.jpg

RearWindowChannel_09.jpg

RearWindowChannel_10.jpg

RearWindowChannel_11.jpg

Ohh yeah, I found its always nice to take a break from sheet metal to turn a wrench or polish on something for a bit. I always have a few different things going at once to keep my sanity if one starts getting tedious lol

I just watched the original Vanishing Point Friday Night for the 100th time probably, just watched Dirty Mary Crazy Larry last night for probably the 100th time too... American Graffiti on Thursday for probably the 200th time...LOL... Hollywood Knights & More American Graffiti are also really good classics too

- - - Updated - - -

BigBlock61 it looks good, there tough spots to do right... good luck & keep up the great work

Hollywood Knights & More American Graffiti are also really good classics too

- - - Updated - - -

BigBlock61 it looks good, there tough spots to do right... good luck & keep up the great work

I have yet to watch More American Graffiti but I did watch American Graffiti about a week ago. I'll definitely keep up the work, I'm looking forward to cruising in the Coronet. :)

Oh yeah, those are all frequently played on the tv in my shop haha I'll have to check out Hollywood knights and More American Graffiti. I actually finally got around to buying myself a copy of Two Lane Blacktop which I still haven't seen, should be in the mail here today so I'm excited to check it out

And good work with the window shelf patching bigblock, that's the best way to do it and it's looking great. :icon_thumleft:

Oh yeah, those are all frequently played on the tv in my shop haha I'll have to check out Hollywood knights and More American Graffiti. I actually finally got around to buying myself a copy of Two Lane Blacktop which I still haven't seen, should be in the mail here today so I'm excited to check it out

And good work with the window shelf patching bigblock, that's the best way to do it and it's looking great. :icon_thumleft:

Great Movie! I have the Criterion collection edition on Blu-Ray!

Now that you mention it I'm going to watch Two Lane Blacktop tonight. I just finished welding in the new speaker hole in my package tray. Roadrunnerman sent it to me along with some other metal patches. It arrived today so when I got home from work I started patching it in place. Too tired to take pictures so I'll post some later.

John, glad to hear that you were able to use the metal and can't wait to see how it looks with the speaker holes the same direction.

Great Movie! I have the Criterion collection edition on Blu-Ray!

Hell yeah that's the one I got! Me and my girlfriend are gonna watch it tonight, pretty excited to see what all the talk is about

Glad to hear you got that speaker hole welded in bigblock, bet it looks awesome :icon_thumleft:

Here is my package tray with the new speaker hole welded in and primered. hopefully if all goes well I can order the shrinker and stretcher from Eastwood and the corner window pieces for the rear window. Fingers crossed :)

PackageTray_16.jpg

The new speaker hole looks bigger than the other one. :BangHead:

Nice job, funny the time spent on little things that you'll never see but like you said "you'll know". I'm the same way.

Auto Transport Service
Back