• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet 440 project

That would be awesome to get everyone together after our cars are done to hang out sometime, bummer most of you guys are in the Midwest/ east coast areas

I'm in!

- - - Updated - - -

You bet it would.........Ahhhhh to terrorize the neighborhood. Good times, good times

Now I'm really in!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Psh, "neighborhood?" Get all of us in one place and the entire state would probably never be the same lol

Think big. We're in it for the regionals. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

- - - Updated - - -

Ooh, no, We need roadrunnerman and his rig. We can smuggle Coors east of the Mississippi. We can do it in under 48 hrs and without any firechickens around. :toothy10:

LOL hell yes now we're talkin. I say we just call it Vegas for the middle ground and all meet up at Mopars at the Strip next year, Vegas baby!
:eek:ccasion14:

And some Welcome to the Jungle. :headbang:

[video=youtube;o1tj2zJ2Wvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg&feature=player_detailpage[/video]
Guns N Roses, boy do they bring back some memories "great band". I'm an 80's child, bring on the Poison, Warrant, Cinderella, Ratt, Def Leppard, Montley Crue, Metallica.........................

- - - Updated - - -

LOL hell yes now we're talkin. I say we just call it Vegas for the middle ground and all meet up at Mopars at the Strip next year, Vegas baby!
:eek:ccasion14:
That would be sweet, I better start saving for my T56 for that haul. I'm hoping to head to Cali some day to see an aunt but you no how that goes (work, responsibilities).

Guns N Roses, boy do they bring back some memories "great band". I'm an 80's child, bring on the Poison, Warrant, Cinderella, Ratt, Def Leppard, Montley Crue, Metallica.........................

- - - Updated - - -

That would be sweet, I better start saving for my T56 for that haul. I'm hoping to head to Cali some day to see an aunt but you no how that goes (work, responsibilities).

Yea I'm a teenager of the 80's and the hair bands were awesome. My playlist contains every band you listed there and more. Like the man said, "Tell me not to play. Well all I got to say to you when you tell me not to play, I say NO! No! no no, no no, no"

I've been back to work for three weeks now. I can't wait till the 30th when I get my first pay check. In the past three weeks, my Taurus has broken down six times and left me stranded 4. Friday was the 6th time the car broke down. It ended up being the crankshaft pulley that malfunctioned. The pulley broke away from the rubber insulator so it just freewheels. Of course no one can get the part till Monday. The part it self is only $50.00 but it might as well be $5000.00 right now because this car has nickel and dimed me to death but as always I try and take things in stride. I decide to go out Saturday morning to get it apart and see if it can't be repaired till I can get the new part. I open up the garage and turn on the compressor. The compressor won't turn on. By the way this is a new Craftsman compressor that I bought in February. They are only warrantied for 90 days, so that sucks. It's pretty warm today so I figured I'd turn on the air conditioning in the house, guess what, it doesn't work. I'm so done right now. Its been bad enough that I wasn't about to touch the Coronet this weekend, who knows what would have happened. I think 747's streak of bad luck wafted north and landed on me.

Ok that's enough complaining, all I really needed to do was vent. Let's get back to our regularly scheduled program. I don't know about you all but I'm going to go watch a Star Trek Voyager season 4 marathon. Mind numbing entertainment sounds good right now.

BB61, We.ve all been in the same situation and it sucks. I had a car once that was doing the same thing yours is doing. HELL YA!! Load my rig up and point me in the right direction.

They say bad things happen in 3's, so you should be done for awhile.

LOL, don't ya just hate that, why can't it be one thing at a time. If it makes you feel better things have been going really smooth down hear haha "knock on wood". Alright, maybe not real smooth "these damn MSD plug wires won't quit falling off". Hang in there, it never last.

HELL YA!! Load my rig up and point me in the right direction.

THAT'S What I'm sayin'! "Eeeast bound and dooown, loaded up and truckin" :headbang:

- - - Updated - - -

They say bad things happen in 3's, so you should be done for awhile.

Fingers crossed.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, don't ya just hate that, why can't it be one thing at a time. If it makes you feel better things have been going really smooth down hear haha "knock on wood". Alright, maybe not real smooth "these damn MSD plug wires won't quit falling off". Hang in there, it never last.

I figure once I start getting a steady paycheck again, life will go back to normal. It's only doing this cause I'm broke.

Well I had a productive and frustrating day. I got the Taurus back on the road again. Did it in the rain but it's back together. I took my compressor back to Sears so it could be repaired under warranty. The only problem was they could not find any record of me buying it. I had to trump them with a receipt. They finally found my compressor in their system sold to a guy named Antuian (spelling) with my phone number. Many managers and a lot of yelling got them to acknowledge that the compressor is mine. It's in for repairs but I see more yelling in my future. At least I got to work on the Coronet today. I'm making more patches for the package tray and getting rid of the rust. It would be nice if I could finish it this weekend. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Makes it a bit rough when the air compressor is out of action, Hope you don't have to fight them on it anymore, seems they use any and all things to get out of doing there job, nice as pie when your looking to buy though! Good luck with your patches...

I had a couple days like that with the BMV, I finished the Cruze got it inspected by the Troopers then TRIED to get plates. After a few trips to the BMV and allot of BS with "correct papers" I finally got fed up and said to hell with it and told my wife she's going to have to do it herself. What a pain, oh well she's driving it now.

Makes it a bit rough when the air compressor is out of action, Hope you don't have to fight them on it anymore, seems they use any and all things to get out of doing there job, nice as pie when your looking to buy though! Good luck with your patches...

When you don't have air you figure out how to make it work. When you have air and loose it you're just lost, and you don't want to go back to the old ways. Time to pull out the jigsaw so I can cut some patches and use the electric grinder to finish shape it. Gotta go back to making it work for a few weeks. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I had a couple days like that with the BMV, I finished the Cruze got it inspected by the Troopers then TRIED to get plates. After a few trips to the BMV and allot of BS with "correct papers" I finally got fed up and said to hell with it and told my wife she's going to have to do it herself. What a pain, oh well she's driving it now.

Yea dealing with the Secretary of State (That's what we call it here in Michigan) sucks no matter where you are. At least she's driving now so you can work on the Charger. :) "When life gives you lemons you say F-ck the lemons and bale!" LOL

Today was such a nice day I spent the entire day outside with the Coronet. As long as the humidity stays down life will be golden. I'm getting closer to completing my package tray. 3 or 4 more patches and it should be done. It's not as pretty as I'd like it to be but I have to grind down the welds with my electric 9" grinder, so there's very little finesse. I can't wait for my compressor to come back.

PackageTray_14.jpg

PackageTray_13.jpg

PackageTray_12.jpg

Looking at you package tray as a whole, i'd say it is coming out just fine. Once you get things ground smooth and primered, nobody will be able to tell the good work you've done on it.

Looking at you package tray as a whole, i'd say it is coming out just fine. Once you get things ground smooth and primered, nobody will be able to tell the good work you've done on it.

Thanks Roger I figure it will look really good once the finish panel is installed on top of it. :)

It seems like all I've been doing on the Coronet is cut, patch, weld, and grind. It's coming along but I really need a change of pace, so I figured a little cleaning was in order. Buried in the back of my garage are the parts to my 440. I've had this motor for about 10 years now waiting for me to do something with it. The valve covers were on my bench with the rockers, lifters, pushrods, and hardware in them. So being single I brought them into the house, sat in the living room with some hot water, simple green and a tooth brush. I put the movie Gone in 60 Seconds (the original not the 2000 version) and got to work.

Before

HarlanSharpe_01.jpg

After

HarlanSharpe_02.jpg

Tomorrow I'll do the other valve cover full-o-parts.

Sometimes its good to get away from the body work and work/play a little with the drive train, it has to be done eventually anyway and does break up the regular work of it all... Your metal work is coming along good and i especially like those rockers! There "purdy" :)

I always seem to put in Christeen or Dirty Mary crazy Larry when i do these things, i have to sneak to get away with this though.. usually its interior parts i like to clean up or like a front grill i repaired, thought id have it done before she got home and well, it wasn't but fun it was!

- - - Updated - - -

I like the Vanishing to, more so for the black 68 Charger then the Challenger, but two real nice Mopars!

Sometimes its good to get away from the body work and work/play a little with the drive train, it has to be done eventually anyway and does break up the regular work of it all... Your metal work is coming along good and i especially like those rockers! There "purdy" :)

I always seem to put in Christeen or Dirty Mary crazy Larry when i do these things, i have to sneak to get away with this though.. usually its interior parts i like to clean up or like a front grill i repaired, thought id have it done before she got home and well, it wasn't but fun it was!

- - - Updated - - -

I like the Vanishing to, more so for the black 68 Charger then the Challenger, but two real nice Mopars!

Yea I had to do something I was starting to get into a rut and it was effecting my work on the car. The rockers are Harlan Sharp roller rockers. I agree on the prudy, it almost makes me wish I could have clear valve covers just so I could show them off. :)
I don't think I've seen the Vanishing, I'll have to check that one out.

It's good to break up the monotony once in a while. I haven't even been able to do that at home. Everything else has come up that I can't get any time in the garage. I think you will enjoy Vanishing Point 2. Invite some of your car buddies over to watch it.

Auto Transport Service
Back