• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet 440 project

Man it does look ridden hard and put away rusty, but I'm sure it'll be good as new when you're through. That rear window channel looks awful familiar lol

And I see you got the charger gas cap sheet metal grafted in, looks awesome!

Well I got a little bit done on the Coronet today. I started patching the package tray. Hopefully it will go quick.

PackageTray_11.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Hey BB61, I've got a rear package tray that came from a 3rd gen charger. not sure if they are the same but I can cut out whatever you need for yours. rear speaker holes, rear defrost area. We can call it an even trade for the p/u fender arch.

Um.... YEA! :) Can I get you to send me a pic? I definitely want the speaker cutout. Basically I'll take whatever you'll send me.

- - - Updated - - -

May have had a hard life but you sure are giving it a new lease on life! Good luck with making two speakers available for a sound system!

Thanks Ron, It's hard work but it sure is worth it. This weekend here in the "D" it was the Woodward Dream Cruse. I'm looking forward to the day the Coronet will be there.

- - - Updated - - -

Man it does look ridden hard and put away rusty, but I'm sure it'll be good as new when you're through. That rear window channel looks awful familiar lol

And I see you got the charger gas cap sheet metal grafted in, looks awesome!

Thanks Speed, Yea it's grafted in but it's only a test fit. I'm going to be replacing the quarter on that side so I'm going to have to do this all over again, but at least I know how I'm going to do it.

Ive heard of the Woodward Dream Cruse, someday i would like to be there! By then, if it happens, yours should be there im sure!!

- - - Updated - - -

and you'll get that package tray the way it should be, that im sure of!!

Ive heard of the Woodward Dream Cruse, someday i would like to be there! By then, if it happens, yours should be there im sure!!

- - - Updated - - -

and you'll get that package tray the way it should be, that im sure of!!

It would be great to hang out with ya Ron. Slowly but surly it is coming together.

You gotta hate those rear windows, seems like they're all rotten. Look on the bright side, at least someone didn't take an air chisel to yours for a boom box like they did mine "no gidding, all the way across". Great fab work, you sure are making allot out of very little. Keep on plugging away

keep at it. Our 2 cars are very similar with many of the same repairs going at almost the same time. Your car is looking real good and you are making quick work of it.

You gotta hate those rear windows, seems like they're all rotten. Look on the bright side, at least someone didn't take an air chisel to yours for a boom box like they did mine "no gidding, all the way across". Great fab work, you sure are making allot out of very little. Keep on plugging away

That would have sucked bigtime! Yea, I'm going to be the one cutting up my package tray in the name of tunes. Granted not as bad as yours was and hopefully it will look like it was meant to be there when I'm done.

- - - Updated - - -

keep at it. Our 2 cars are very similar with many of the same repairs going at almost the same time. Your car is looking real good and you are making quick work of it.

I will and you do the same. I've been following your thread for a while now. You're doing great work. Thanks for the encouragement.

Hey 61..I have the same tray with the offset speakers (for rear defrost cars). I used Polk Audio 6" x 9"s in the back and had no issue. The speakers mounted on the underside of the tray. I used 3/16" spacers and 3/8" weatherstripping foam to fill in the gaps between the speakers and tray (for acoustics). The spacers help keep the outer recoil from hitting the bottom of the tray. Just an idea if you don't want to be modifying the tray to accommodate speakers. Couple pic's for ya:

b.jpg

a.jpg

bb.jpg

How do they sound? I'm kicking around the idea of what to put in mine, don't want a booming system but something equal to a quality factory system like the Alpine systems in the new Chryslers.

How do they sound? I'm kicking around the idea of what to put in mine, don't want a booming system but something equal to a quality factory system like the Alpine systems in the new Chryslers.

Sound Kickass man! I'm really happy with them. I also put two 4.5" Kenwood Excelon's in the kick panels, two polk audio 3.5" in place of the center dash speaker and a 12" Kenwood Excelon Subwoofer in a sealed box in the trunk. Powered by a Kenwood Excelon 996 head unit w/pandora, Bluetooth, hands free calling, IPOD and USB hookup. There's a Kenwood Excelon 1200 Watt 5 Channel amp mounted in the trunk as well. I went the same route you're thinking......not all thumpity thump, just a really good crystal clear sounding system. I installed a Tuff 100AMP single wire alternator and a Kinetic 1800 High performance Audio battery. Electrical system has no issue keeping up with the system (even at night with the lights on and wipers running). Love here the rumble of the big block under the hood, but it's also cool to dial up the volume knob from time to time and fire up some Fred Bear or Mississippi Queen

Hey 61..I have the same tray with the offset speakers (for rear defrost cars). I used Polk Audio 6" x 9"s in the back and had no issue. The speakers mounted on the underside of the tray. I used 3/16" spacers and 3/8" weatherstripping foam to fill in the gaps between the speakers and tray (for acoustics). The spacers help keep the outer recoil from hitting the bottom of the tray. Just an idea if you don't want to be modifying the tray to accommodate speakers. Couple pic's for ya:

Thanks Prop it's an idea. I never knew why they did that. I've had a few Mopars now with that package tray and I've hated it on every one of them.

Sound Kickass man! I'm really happy with them. I also put two 4.5" Kenwood Excelon's in the kick panels, two polk audio 3.5" in place of the center dash speaker and a 12" Kenwood Excelon Subwoofer in a sealed box in the trunk. Powered by a Kenwood Excelon 996 head unit w/pandora, Bluetooth, hands free calling, IPOD and USB hookup. There's a Kenwood Excelon 1200 Watt 5 Channel amp mounted in the trunk as well. I went the same route you're thinking......not all thumpity thump, just a really good crystal clear sounding system. I installed a Tuff 100AMP single wire alternator and a Kinetic 1800 High performance Audio battery. Electrical system has no issue keeping up with the system (even at night with the lights on and wipers running). Love here the rumble of the big block under the hood, but it's also cool to dial up the volume knob from time to time and fire up some Fred Bear or Mississippi Queen
"Fred Bear buy Ted Nugent?" Love that song.

Love me some Mississippi Queen too, nice choices. Might have to check out those polk 6x9's too, look like some quality speakers. I used Alpine "type R" 6x9's in my Chevelle that were a similar design and also sound great for a great price. Actually might have to just rob them for the Charger :thinker:

That's interesting the one speaker hole is offset like that, the Charger package tray with rear window defroster has the speakers in the same position on either side.

I always loved that song myself!

[video=youtube;hg_Nw20GG0E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg_Nw20GG0E[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

It would be great to hang out with ya Ron. Slowly but surly it is coming together.

Same hear bud!!! i bet we could find a whole lot of fun to talk about!!

And some Welcome to the Jungle. :headbang:

[video=youtube;o1tj2zJ2Wvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

That would be awesome to get everyone together after our cars are done to hang out sometime, bummer most of you guys are in the Midwest/ east coast areas

Psh, "neighborhood?" Get all of us in one place and the entire state would probably never be the same lol

What neck of the woods are you from (or soon to get kicked out of) Will?

Auto Transport Service
Back