• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet 440 project

Cool, Ive got the smaller set of those, Roger sent me! Good guy alert! :) Looks like your all set to finish that up nicely! Good luck to ya...

Getting a little farther today. I cut out the rusted metal and patched in new. I have the package tray end piece drilled and fitted into place today. I'll weld it in tomorrow. Then I'll start building up the window corner.

RearWindowCorner_R_01.jpg

RearWindowCorner_R_02.jpg

RearWindowCorner_R_03.jpg

That's looking really good. You are really getting good with your metalwork and welding skills. I just noticed you live in taylor, I just delivered part of a load there. Telegraph rd and north line rd.

That's looking really good. You are really getting good with your metalwork and welding skills. I just noticed you live in taylor, I just delivered part of a load there. Telegraph rd and north line rd.

Too bad, you were about 5 miles from me. It would have been nice to say hello. Where was your delivery to?

- - - Updated - - -

this just gets better and better!

I'd like to thing so lol.

Too bad, you were about 5 miles from me. It would have been nice to say hello. Where was your delivery to?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to thing so lol.

It was at a place called Redi Installations just west of the UPS facility. 25684 north line rd.

It was at a place called Redi Installations just west of the UPS facility. 25684 north line rd.

I know right where that is. Next time you're in town I'll buy ya a cup of coffee. I'm guessing you came up I75 to Telegraph. There's a truck stop at the 35 mi marker on 75. It's a good place for a cup.

Damn, I wish I would've known/remembered you lived there. I should've remembered since I sent you some metal. I know the truck stop you're talking about. Have been stopping there for years off/on. Don't get in to mich all that often, but will remember the next time I do.

Looking really good and i agree, you sure are getting good at the metal work!

Nice patch work "looks professional".

Well I started building up the window corner today. Since the rear window was completely rusted away on this car I'm not sure where to put the corner. Is there anyone out there who has done this repair? What would be the best way to locate the corner?

Sincerely,
Lost in the back seat.

RearWindowCorner_R_05.jpg

RearWindowCorner_R_04.jpg

Take your chrome window trim and lay it in there. top, side, bottom. that will let you know where to place the corner.

Take your chrome window trim and lay it in there. top, side, bottom. that will let you know where to place the corner.

That's actually a good idea Roger except the car didn't come with the rear window trim. :(

What about tracing an out line of the sides of the back window glass?

yeah, how about sitting the rear window in and line the panels up.

Now the back window I've got. I'll pull it out tomorrow and try lining things up. Thanks :)

Make sure you have your window sitting good. I didn't see any lower channel to hold it up.

Make sure you have your window sitting good. I didn't see any lower channel to hold it up.

Yea there's nothing there right now but I do have that rail for the lower portion of the window. I could screw that to the package tray and then put some screws as stops for the window.

Just a suggestion John, If you have some card board laying around, take the time to tape some together until you get it big enough to make a template of the window, boxes will work cutting the sides off and taping them together, It may take some time but much safer then using the window and taking a chance of breaking it.. After you get enough cardboard together, you should be able to produce a template that would work fine.

Just a suggestion John, If you have some card board laying around, take the time to tape some together until you get it big enough to make a template of the window, boxes will work cutting the sides off and taping them together, It may take some time but much safer then using the window and taking a chance of breaking it.. After you get enough cardboard together, you should be able to produce a template that would work fine.

That's a really good idea. Cause, yea I was extremely nervous when I used the rear window to set up the corner. For the other corner I'll make that template. Thanks Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back