• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet 440 project

I've got a right rear window corner!!! Probably for the first time in 20 years. I think it came out pretty well but now I need to do some finish grinding and shaping. Now on the the other corner. :)

RearWindowCorner_R_06.jpg

RearWindowCorner_R_08.jpg

RearWindowCorner_R_07.jpg

Great work 61, that turned out great "beautiful work".

That came out looking great. I would say even better than when I did mine. It's strange how much feeling of accomplishment we can get from a small piece of metal. After I got my corners in, I had to stare at them every time I went in the garage.

Great work 61, that turned out great "beautiful work".

Thanks 7, I've been saying for a few weeks now that I wanted to get the rear window done before the snow flies. I guess it's too late for that! It's snowing here. lol

now reach behind yourself and pat yourself on the back. that looks great!

Wow great job Big block 61, that looks fantastic, now did you wind up using both inner and outer corners? or just the one that extends out to the quarter panel. great job, its guys like you that give the rest of us some inspiration with our cars..

That came out looking great. I would say even better than when I did mine. It's strange how much feeling of accomplishment we can get from a small piece of metal. After I got my corners in, I had to stare at them every time I went in the garage.

Thanks Roger, I know what you're talking about, Every morning I walk out to the garage and say "hello beautiful". My Coronet is starting to look like a car again.

- - - Updated - - -

now reach behind yourself and pat yourself on the back. that looks great!

Every time I try and do that I end up spinning in circles. :p Thanks BC

- - - Updated - - -

Wow great job Big block 61, that looks fantastic, now did you wind up using both inner and outer corners? or just the one that extends out to the quarter panel. great job, its guys like you that give the rest of us some inspiration with our cars..

Thanks scatpac1, Yes I ended up replacing everything, the package tray end piece, the corner support, inner corner and outer corner. I also patched the support that all of that attaches to. It truly is a brand new car in that area.

Nice work and pics BB. Looking beautiful. I need to catch up on your thread.

I got the left corner replaced today. I did the package tray end piece, the corner support and the inner corner. There's no outer corner yet because I'm going to be replacing the entire quarter on this side. Now I have to get the dutchman panel and the rear window will be finished. I think the next piece to this puzzle is going to be the floor.

RearWindowCorner_L_01.jpg

RearWindowCorner_L_02.jpg

RearWindowCorner_L_03.jpg

RearWindowCorner_L_04.jpg

I ran out of primer but at least I got the bare metal covered. It should be good for a couple of days.

I always enjoy watching your progress. Yeah, as long as the metal is not exposed to the air, you're good to go.

Looks fantastic BigBlock61. Can I ask how did you get the corner lined up in the end. Did you use your glass or a cardboard pattern ? Your repair has given me confidence that we can repair mine. Great photos, make for good reference .

Me 4, wasn't that long ago I was doing the same. Enjoy

Me 5 - you're doing a great job.

Looks fantastic BigBlock61. Can I ask how did you get the corner lined up in the end. Did you use your glass or a cardboard pattern ? Your repair has given me confidence that we can repair mine. Great photos, make for good reference .

I ended up using the glass. I didn't have that much cardboard on hand and I didn't want to wait lol. Glad I can help as a reference.

- - - Updated - - -

Me 4, wasn't that long ago I was doing the same. Enjoy
Thanks 7. I started removing all of the body sealer from the inside so I can start on the floor.

- - - Updated - - -

Me 5 - you're doing a great job.

Thanks for the encouragement hunt. If mine comes out nearly as nice as yours is I'll be happy.

wow, looks like allot of metal work been done. since last time I checked it out...

Awesome work! Such a cool project, funny how i see you doing things that i've either done or have to do. Its kinda like a mirror image thing, and i know exactly what all your going through. Excellent work, this will be one sharp car when your finished!

Auto Transport Service
Back