• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet 440 project

Wow, coming along great bigblock! You're doing an awesome job, that corner came out really nice! Pretty soon you won't even be able to tell there was ever any rust, one of the best feelings I've had on my car seeing that area done :icon_thumleft:

Wow, coming along great bigblock! You're doing an awesome job, that corner came out really nice! Pretty soon you won't even be able to tell there was ever any rust, one of the best feelings I've had on my car seeing that area done :icon_thumleft:

Thanks Speedy, and you're right about the best feelings part. There is just something about seeing that finished corner that puts an instant smile on my face. I have a feeling that quarters will be the same way.

It's an early Christmas here! I found a rear seat for my Coronet on craigslist last Sunday. I gave the guy a call and he told me he would save it for me till today. So today I go to his house to get the seat. I found a 68/69 Coronet nirvana! This guy has a beautiful 68 Coronet that is just about completed in his 2 1/2 car garage. Across his drive way is an older 4 car garage. He opens the door and it is full of B body Mopar parts. You name it and he has it. boxes and boxes full of parts, new quarters propped up against shelves, steering columns along the back wall, a pile of transmission crossmembers off to the side, it goes on and on. Next to the 4 car garage is a tractor shed. It's full of old doors, radiator supports, fenders, and zounds of tires and rims. His basement is full if interior parts as far as the eye can see, all colors, new and old. So he pulls out the rear seat for me and we start talking. He wants to get rid of all of this stuff so he asks me what I need. I told him I wanted to do a disk brake swap he pulls out all the pieces I need for the swap minus the prop valve. New calipers and hoses, used rotors, spindles, upper and lower control arms and all the hardware. I mentioned that I needed the a pillar trim. off he goes, and comes back with it. I need the rear side window inside top panels, poof there they are, what color am I looking for. He tells me to make a list of what I need and he'll put it aside for me and I can buy it off him as I need it. This guy is great. We start talking about the FBBO and of course he's a member (Detroit_inc). Needless to say, I've got a lot of cleaning and sorting to do now and a list to make out. :)

RearSeat.jpg

InteriorParts.jpg

Sounds like you found a gold mine and close to home to boot. Congrats. He must have parted out several cars previously?

Sounds like you found a gold mine and close to home to boot. Congrats. He must have parted out several cars previously?

He has parted out a few b bodies. Brian also told me that he's done building cars. The next car he buys will already be done lol. I really wish I would have taken pics of his place. I didn't cause I thought it might be weird,

Wow, that's pretty cool to find all those missing parts "congrats". If only I could find a stash as I'm at the point where I'm starting to reassemble and keep finding missing parts. Well I guess you won't be needing that seat now, looks like you got allot nicer one anyways.

Last edited:
Well I guess you won't be needing that seat now, looks like you got allot nicer one anyways.

No I guess I won't be needing that seat now, and this one was $100.00. He also has a really nice Charger rear seat for $125.00.

Wow awesome score man! My friend Chuck here in my area is just like that, he made reproduction parts for a long time and collected a mountain of original stuff. Having a mopar santa claus definitely comes in handy haha

I know that this is a bit juvenile, but I am juvenile lol. I've never seen my car with a back seat so I had to try it out. Also since this car is going to be a chick magnet I needed to do a test fit of the back seat . :love4:

I really seem to like the idea of black and white, or more like gray and white for the interior. White for the seats, panels, and headliner. Gunmetal gray for the carpet, doors, and dash.

I think I'm going to go with Perl White for the outside with a black rump stripe.

RearSeat_01.jpg

Here is a pic of the front brakes I bought the other day from Brian. There is still a lot of cleaning to do, :)

FrontDiskBrakes01.jpg

man that seat was a steal! wish I had a guy around here like that.

What did the brakes come off of? I was just wondering because it looks like the same setup my car had on it when I got it, I bought 73 b body parts to rebuild them. Juvenile? not hardly "who wouldn't want to see it in there, just don't tell us if your doing anymore than just looking at it haha". Looks great, does it even need recovered?

and how many of us have sat in the shell of a project and made car noises......

What did the brakes come off of? I was just wondering because it looks like the same setup my car had on it when I got it, I bought 73 b body parts to rebuild them. Juvenile? not hardly "who wouldn't want to see it in there, just don't tell us if your doing anymore than just looking at it haha". Looks great, does it even need recovered?

He said the parts came off an A body and it does have the correct bolt pattern. Oh yea the blow-up doll is coming next week lol. Yes it's going to get recovered in white.

- - - Updated - - -

and how many of us have sat in the shell of a project and made car noises......

Wait a minute...... I know this one............ahhhhhhhh......... All of us?

Last edited:
Great score on the parts. When you said your car was going to be a chick magnet, I was expecting (ok hoping) a picture with a chick in your car already. Pearl white with the black stripe will look great with that body style.

Great score on the parts. When you said your car was going to be a chick magnet, I was expecting (ok hoping) a picture with a chick in your car already. Pearl white with the black stripe will look great with that body style.

Aah but the Coronet deserves ALL my attention right now Roger. Female distractions come later.

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!! You're not going to read it bedtime stories every night from the mopar magazine's, are you.

What a score! I'm only missing one piece for my bee, and can't find it anywhere. I'm needing the lower dash pad on the right side for a 69 rally dash. The piece that goes around the ash tray and the ignition switch, any color. Don't need the little piece on the opposite side.

Auto Transport Service
Back