• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet 440 project

He said the parts came off an A body and it does have the correct bolt pattern. Oh yea the blow-up doll is coming next week lol. Yes it's going to get recovered in white.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait a minute...... I know this one............ahhhhhhhh......... All of us?
LOL, So much for the progress reports.

Might have to surprise my girlfriend and put my backseat in the Charger ahead of schedule now lol

Good idea on the color combo too! always thought white looked really sharp on B-bodies. Don't know if you've seen a stock white interior setup, but a lot of stuff is still black, (dash, A-pillars, console, carpet) sounds pretty close to what you're thinkin. My mopar-Mr-Miagi friend of mine has a b7 '69 hemi roadrunner with white interior and I thought it looked awesome :icon_thumleft:

Here's some google pics
mopp_1008_07_o+1969_dodge_super_bee_original_a12+interior.jpg

6498387-770-0@2X.jpeg

Might have to surprise my girlfriend and put my backseat in the Charger ahead of schedule now lol

Good idea on the color combo too! always thought white looked really sharp on B-bodies. Don't know if you've seen a stock white interior setup, but a lot of stuff is still black, (dash, A-pillars, console, carpet) sounds pretty close to what you're thinkin. My mopar-Mr-Miagi friend of mine has a b7 '69 hemi roadrunner with white interior and I thought it looked awesome :icon_thumleft:

Here's some google pics
View attachment 154007

View attachment 154008

Dude that is awesome Thanks for posting those. That makes me want to bear the cold just so I can get the interior metal work done and put an interior in it LOL.

Dude that is awesome Thanks for posting those. That makes me want to bear the cold just so I can get the interior metal work done and put an interior in it LOL.

Lol no problem! I really like the white-face gauges with the white interior in the top pic too. Man I've been fighting the cold here in my shop for a couple months and finally gave in and got the gas turned on, maybe I can finally get something done lol winter sucks!

Lol no problem! I really like the white-face gauges with the white interior in the top pic too. Man I've been fighting the cold here in my shop for a couple months and finally gave in and got the gas turned on, maybe I can finally get something done lol winter sucks!

Yea we had a warm spell here in the "D" and I never made it out to the garage. That was hard to do but what can I say.......life gets in the way sometimes.:shruggy:

Gotta do what ya gotta do! Before I moved into my shop I had a lot of cold winter nights dressed like an eskimo crawling around under my Chevelle we kept in my dad's covered carport type thing. What really sucks is when a wrench slips or something and you smash your hand when it's freezing cold, my neighbors probably heard some pretty colorful language lol

It's a nice day here at home and now that the holidays are over I can get back to the Coronet. I don't have a proper heater in my garage but if I fire up my grill in the garage it warms up nicely. The only problem with that is now my garage smells like hamburgers and I'm hungry lol. I started removing my floor today. I figure this makes the most sense. I'll work from the back to the front and from the inside out. At this point I'm treating this thing like an archeological dig. I'm removing things in layers and inspecting what's underneath. Here's what I got done so far today.

FloorDriversSide01.jpg

FloorDriversSide02.jpg

FloorDriversSide03.jpg

After dinner hopefully I'll get the other side out. After that I can concentrate on the front floor. The rear seat floor has a few places that need to be patched but overall it's in good shape.

And here is the other side. Does anyone know what the measurements are between the doors? I measured from the top of the door and it was 59". At the bottom of the door it's 62". I guess I just want to know if this is right.

FloorPassengerSide01.jpg

FloorPassengerSide02.jpg

FloorPassengerSide03.jpg

Ah ha, I've been wandering where you've been "that explains it" keeping warm. How much of the floor are you replacing? Every little bit of work gets you closer so just keep plugging away at it.

Ah ha, I've been wandering where you've been "that explains it" keeping warm. How much of the floor are you replacing? Every little bit of work gets you closer so just keep plugging away at it.

I'm replacing from what I already removed to the firewall. I want to get the one piece floor and just be done with it. So far the rockers look like they are in good shape, fingers crossed.

I see, don't blame you one bit. Keep warm and stay after it.

"Plugging away"? Pun intended?:laughing11: Good looking stuff BB.:headbang: Very familiar looking!

john good to see you back at work like the rest of us,are you using blair spot weld rmv kit on your floor?i got more floor out a few months back i started with harbor freight spot weld tool and it lasted about 6 spot welds so i ordered the blair kit and i have been kicking butt ever since then and i am still using the first cutter i put in,and its strong.i still have to take under seat pan out and thanks for advice for welds around the seat pan to the inner fenders.happy new year

"Plugging away"? Pun intended?:laughing11: Good looking stuff BB.:headbang: Very familiar looking!

Plugging away!!! LOL yea, I'm really starting to hate spot welds. I shattered my Blair spot weld cutter yesterday. It was the first time that has happened since I got the Blair so I guess it's not too bad. Thanks for the encouragement daytona. I really can't wait to get this done. :)

- - - Updated - - -

john good to see you back at work like the rest of us,are you using blair spot weld rmv kit on your floor?i got more floor out a few months back i started with harbor freight spot weld tool and it lasted about 6 spot welds so i ordered the blair kit and i have been kicking butt ever since then and i am still using the first cutter i put in,and its strong.i still have to take under seat pan out and thanks for advice for welds around the seat pan to the inner fenders.happy new year

Thanks johnny, Yea I'm using a blair. I actually broke my first cutter yesterday. It did last hundreds of welds longer than the cheap crap that I started off using. Glad I could help with your question. Keep at it cause I'm looking forward to seeing your finished work.

It was another warmish day here so out in the garage I went. :) Got some more of the floor removed. Hopefully I can get out there tomorrow and do the other side. Only 2 and a half more months till spring!!!!!

FloorDriversSide05.jpg

Any one that has a 68 to 70 Dodge can I get you to check some measurements for me? Drivers side to passenger side, top of the door opening and the bottom of the door opening. Before I get much further I want to start adding some bracing. The problem is that a three inch difference from top to bottom seems a bit much. I don't seem to be able to find anything to tell me if it's right or not, so any help you can give me would be appreciated.

InteriorWidth01.jpg

I'll check mine tonight "the floor was never tampered with" and that part of my car was really solid.

It was another warmish day here so out in the garage I went. :) Got some more of the floor removed. Hopefully I can get out there tomorrow and do the other side. Only 2 and a half more months till spring!!!!!

Any one that has a 68 to 70 Dodge can I get you to check some measurements for me? Drivers side to passenger side, top of the door opening and the bottom of the door opening. Before I get much further I want to start adding some bracing. The problem is that a three inch difference from top to bottom seems a bit much. I don't seem to be able to find anything to tell me if it's right or not, so any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Removed the cover, and garage cat, from my 68 and measured...just the same as yours 59" on top and 62" below. ;)

Good to see ya back at it bigblock! I bet you'll be flying when the warm weather rolls back around :icon_thumleft: And I've heard any of these measurements can vary a bit from car to car, but the Charger measured out to roughly 58" and 61.5" and it's original sheet metal too, so I'd say you're in the clear!

Auto Transport Service
Back