• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet 440 project

I understand and i know you wouldn't try to hide the fact... I think your decision is a good one and it will be grand, its funny how it works with some of this stuff, I do tell people mine is a RR-clone, which takes up twice the time because most all who ask are young guys, first you have to explain what a Road Runner is, then you have to explain what a clone is, I wish now i would have put the stripes on and left decals off! lol
Some older guys have asked me if im ever told it was a Starski and Hutch car, NO never have, but think about it, if these younger ones know about Starski and Hutch then they would already know what the Road Runner was... :fucyc: One thing they all seem to have in common which i like, "whatever you call it Ron, its "purdy", i can live with that! and yours is going to be "purdy" John! Live with that one bud!!! :)

I did up a Starsky & Hutch Torino in high school, and the kid up the road called it a Dukes car.

Just got the call from Rosevillemoparts that my parts are in. Nothing spectacular, just the trunk lock support for the tail panel and the dutchman panel support brace. I'm slowly amassing parts for the spring when it will be :buffer:. Right now it's a whole lot of this, :homework: homework and normal work. Come on end of the day so I can pick up my stuff!!! I'll post pics when I get home.

Well here's what I picked up today.

NewParts02.jpg

Don't you just LOVE brand new clean fresh meatal! They just feel heavier and more solid than original!
I just love touching them! Probobly cause I'm tired of the rough nasty feel of original 45 year old original (rusted) metal!

Don't you just LOVE brand new clean fresh meatal! They just feel heavier and more solid than original!
I just love touching them! Probobly cause I'm tired of the rough nasty feel of original 45 year old original (rusted) metal!

And the car just feels more solid once it's installed. Yea there's nothing like new metal.

Well it finally stopped snowing here today. It's only been a few inches at a time but the totals for the season so far are 67". I have about 14" in my yard right now. The strange thing right now is I've been seeing Robins in the area, smelling skunks, Rabbits are everywhere, and my cat is shedding like mad. I think all these animals are going crazy and thinking spring is on the way, and yet we're still having record lows for the month.

SnowFeb2014.jpg

While the white devil is at the front door and in between my homework assignments I've been trying to do what I can to the Coronet. I started working on the front grill a few weeks ago. Most of the dents have been worked out and the fins straightened. I still have some broken fins that need to be repaired and I have to figure out how to do that. Until then it's sand, sand, sand so I can polish, polish, polish.

GrillCenter01.jpg

GrillCenter02.jpg

GrillCenter03.jpg

I did do a test polish to the top side of the grill just to make it feel like I'm accomplishing something. I need to sand it a little better cause I'm still seeing a haze in it.

GrillCenter04.jpg

GrillCenter05.jpg

"Hey" looks like a forehead in that piece of trim. At least your getting something done in this weather, that will be nice having that stuff out of the way. I think we're all sick of this endless winter and the ridiculously cold temps "sure will be nice to see the trees blooming again". Hang in there we're almost there.

"Hey" looks like a forehead in that piece of trim. At least your getting something done in this weather, that will be nice having that stuff out of the way. I think we're all sick of this endless winter and the ridiculously cold temps "sure will be nice to see the trees blooming again". Hang in there we're almost there.

Yup, that's my noggin. Yea I'm figuring another month of this bitter cold crap and it should be heading into restoration weather. :)

It may not be my favorite music at the moment but I've been watching the Walking Dead Marathon on AMC while I'm doing the grill. Tonight is the mid season return.
[video=youtube;eo7lIrHgaV8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo7lIrHgaV8&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Grille's looking good man! And glad you got a break from the winter onslaught. Hell if I had satellite tv I'd be all over Walking Dead too, loved the first and second seasons.

Grille's looking good man! And glad you got a break from the winter onslaught. Hell if I had satellite tv I'd be all over Walking Dead too, loved the first and second seasons.

Thanks Speedy, definitely been going a little stir crazy here lately. My mind has been in overdrive pondering the next steps to take on the Coronet and there's only so much I can do in the house. Come on Spring!!!!! Aww hell I'd even take 35 degree weather right now. :toothy4::icon_flower::toothy4::snow plow:

Man I bet! Time to take out wall of the house and peacefully relocate the Coronet to the living room lol

Come on Spring!!!!! Aww hell I'd even take 35 degree weather right now. :toothy4::icon_flower::toothy4::snow plow:

I'd be excited to see 20* and the sun shining as I am looking at -20* this morning on my thermometer. Your grill is cleaning up real nice - bet you are happy about that.

Man I bet! Time to take out wall of the house and peacefully relocate the Coronet to the living room lol

Now there's an idea! I could dig a trench from my garage to my basement and wheel the car into the basement!!!! (rummaging through garage) Where did I put that shovel and pick axe...........

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be excited to see 20* and the sun shining as I am looking at -20* this morning on my thermometer. Your grill is cleaning up real nice - bet you are happy about that.

That's about right for temps here as well hunt. I did get up this morning and it was 9*. Must be the start of a heat wave lol. When I got the fins straight that was the coolest thing ever to me. It looked like a real grill at that point. :)

The stripper works good for nooks and crannies, but then you have to get it out of said nooks and crannies. Primer and paint won't stick to it. used it for the outside of my car.
I blow it out with compressed air then roll thecar outside in the sun(whenever we have it) any way, chemical stripper is much less abusive to the metal, works for me!

I blow it out with compressed air then roll thecar outside in the sun(whenever we have it) any way, chemical stripper is much less abusive to the metal, works for me!

So you wouldn't have to neutrlize it with water first just blow it out?

- - - Updated - - -

beautiful work!

Thanks BK

Look what I got today.

04 Ram01.jpg

A new truck! Well, new to me. It's a 2004 SLT 4x4, power everything, and a tow package. This is the first time I've ever owned a truck. I've had SUV's and station wagons that I treated like trucks but never a truck. I guess this means I won't me strapping new body panels to the roof of my car anymore :) . The only problem with it is that it's silver. This is four cars in a row now that I've owned that were silver.

04 Ram01.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back