• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet 440 project

congrates on that new truck john, they are handy to have especially in the restoration business,it will make part hunting and buying much easier for you,i am sure that coronet is saying to you now, get back to work on me.take care of it and enjoy.

Nice looking truck. I see it has the regular cab. Does that have the 8 ft box? Know what you mean by the silver. When the wife and I got together she had a red car, then we bought a red intrepid, and now we have a red Durango. I hope YOU aren't starting a trend with us. LOL

Nothing wrong with a silver truck. You could always have 747 design you some fancy scmancy graphics for it if you want to stand out in the crowd lol. I don't know how I could get along without a pickup, I haven't owned a normal car for at least 20 years.

Nice looking truck. I see it has the regular cab. Does that have the 8 ft box? Know what you mean by the silver. When the wife and I got together she had a red car, then we bought a red intrepid, and now we have a red Durango. I hope YOU aren't starting a trend with us. LOL

Yup Roger it's got an 8ft bed.

Nothing wrong with a silver truck. You could always have 747 design you some fancy scmancy graphics for it if you want to stand out in the crowd lol. I don't know how I could get along without a pickup, I haven't owned a normal car for at least 20 years.

I was already considering a rumblebee stripe for the back of it.

My god man! Don't put that hillbilly rumble bee crap on it. Its a truck! Its an embarrassment to Mopar post 1974.

The restoration bug is in full swing. I've been amassing parts for the Coronet waiting for spring. Now with the truck, I'm looking at the rust on it and thinking I can fix that. I even found myself on the Shermans website looking up wheel wells for the Coronet and a tailgate for the truck.

Yep, you've already started on the "I can't stop at 1 project" thought process.

My god man! Don't put that hillbilly rumble bee crap on it. Its a truck! Its an embarrassment to Mopar post 1974.

Ahh but you don't see the bigger picture. If I was to put a rump stripe on the truck it would be to match the Coronet. Then at that point I'd probably paint the Coronet silver, which is it's original color to match the truck.

Ahhhh the 'net would look bitchin in silver!
69superbee02.jpg

Ahhhh, Paint and wheels decisions........Always Fun, always second guessing, and third and fourth..5...6......7.............8..

Ahhhh, Paint and wheels decisions........Always Fun, always second guessing, and third and fourth..5...6......7.............8..

Aint that the truth! As it is you can go back through my thread and see where it was going to be yellow, then green, I know there was a red in there somewhere and finally to here. About the only color I know that is not going on the Coronet is black. No offense cause Skeletor looks great, but everyone paints their cars black.

I remember a time when if you were to bet, red and blue would be the choice if someone asked, guess what color so and so got, or did lol, truthfully that was the case and i truly love black on any car, cant blame anyone for not wanting the same color and black is hard to get away from thinking about because, heck, it looks great on any car.. I always like the silver and black ones but again, thats a color a lot have and they are nice, white and black, ect. hardest decision if were going outside the original is the color, soon after the next one is what wheels lol. Whatever makes your clock tick is the one you'll wish you painted if you don't! My next one will be butterscotch and if i ever paint my 73 again, im in trouble cause i have no idea which to go with and of course black sure does come to mind quick! :) Good luck to you...

Ahh but you don't see the bigger picture. If I was to put a rump stripe on the truck it would be to match the Coronet. Then at that point I'd probably paint the Coronet silver, which is it's original color to match the truck.

Yeah that still makes no sense. The "rumble bee thing" is on a pick up TRUCK...... You have a muscle CAR.....

It is about as embarrassing as a 4 door charger...

Yeah that still makes no sense. The "rumble bee thing" is on a pick up TRUCK...... You have a muscle CAR.....

It is about as embarrassing as a 4 door charger...
Seriously dude, lay off. It isn't your truck and not everyone holds the same opinions as you.

Auto Transport Service
Back