• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet 440 project

nice looking truck for sure, im not a fan of the rumble bee stripe but thats just my taste . i do think some type of stripe on it would break the plain wrapper look and make it stand out. go for it...... also doing a super job on your coronet,lots of hard time consuming work. great job

Look what I got today.

View attachment 168898

A new truck! Well, new to me. It's a 2004 SLT 4x4, power everything, and a tow package. This is the first time I've ever owned a truck. I've had SUV's and station wagons that I treated like trucks but never a truck. I guess this means I won't me strapping new body panels to the roof of my car anymore :) . The only problem with it is that it's silver. This is four cars in a row now that I've owned that were silver.

You've been doing a great job thru out this build John, do it and everything else that will make you smile your way! One person has to be pleased!

You've been doing a great job thru out this build John, do it and everything else that will make you smile your way! One person has to be pleased!

Thanks Ron, and I guess if that one pleased person is me, that's all that matters. :)

Hi guys, I need to ask another favor for those with a 69 Coronet. I'm bracing for quarter removal and just want to double check what I have with another car. So here's what I have and if someone could measure their car at the same points I would appreciate it.

TrunkGutterHeight01.jpg

TrunkGutterHeight02.jpg

And in my quest for power and glory I forgot one small detail........(Lets see who gets that quote), I forgot to do great measurements. Actually I was in a rush to get my back window done before the snow hit last fall, and I didn't get the corners right. I didn't have the dutchman panel when I installed the corners and now I'm paying the price.

Oops02.jpg

Oops01.jpg

So now I get to pull it all back apart and redo it when the weather warms up. Live and learn I guess. :BangHead: Take your time and don't rush anything. Also don't weld till it's right. Screws would have been easier to remove than spot welds. :eek:ops:

Chit happens, what's important is what you do about it "right". I got faith you'll do it right. Good luck

Chit happens, what's important is what you do about it "right". I got faith you'll do it right. Good luck

X2! Just by you posting your little hick-up, and then planning to go ahead and fix it goes to show you take pride in your work and will end up with a well built ride. Chin up amigo, we've all done it.

With the skills you have demonstrated so far it won't take you long to have it fixed. Am just moving into this area of my project so will take your advise an get my measurements spot on. Have my dutchman panel so will use it in my line up.

LOOKS GREAT! :tiphat: Thanks again for this tread, pics, measurements, questions. I am right behind you with the work on my roadrunner.

Bummer about the window corners man, but like everyone's said I'm sure you'll get it taken care of no problem. And I can check the Charger for those measurements but I don't know 100% that they'd be the same from 'Net to Charger :shruggy:

Thanks 7, it was just one of those, I know better moments.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks good man

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

X2! Just by you posting your little hick-up, and then planning to go ahead and fix it goes to show you take pride in your work and will end up with a well built ride. Chin up amigo, we've all done it.

Yea Prop I'm letting it all hang out, flaws and all. :black_eye:

- - - Updated - - -

With the skills you have demonstrated so far it won't take you long to have it fixed. Am just moving into this area of my project so will take your advise an get my measurements spot on. Have my dutchman panel so will use it in my line up.

If my mess-up helps someone out than my work is done. Thanks NZ

- - - Updated - - -

LOOKS GREAT! :tiphat: Thanks again for this tread, pics, measurements, questions. I am right behind you with the work on my roadrunner.

Keep at it b-star69

- - - Updated - - -

Bummer about the window corners man, but like everyone's said I'm sure you'll get it taken care of no problem. And I can check the Charger for those measurements but I don't know 100% that they'd be the same from 'Net to Charger :shruggy:

Thanks Speedy, I'm thinking that most 68 or 69 Plymouth's would work as well.

But on a different note I got parts today. This along with the repairs to the window corners should keep me busy for the summer. :) They didn't have the rear footwell sections in stock so I'll have to get them later.

NewParts03.jpg

NewParts05.jpg

NewParts04.jpg

Damn, that's enough to keep you busy for a while haha nice score! I checked those measurements on the Charger and good news, they match up perfect. :icon_thumleft: carry on with the sheetmetal surgery brotha!

Damn, that's enough to keep you busy for a while haha nice score! I checked those measurements on the Charger and good news, they match up perfect. :icon_thumleft: carry on with the sheetmetal surgery brotha!

Thanks Speedy!!!

Don't feel bad, I got ya beat. At first I thought that I wasn't going to do my vent cowl fresh air vents because looking underneath it, it didn't look that bad and I was a little hesitant on tackling something like that. Then I starting seeing the other cars being redone here and thought I better check it more closely. YEP, I need to fix mine, so now I get to take my fenders back off and drill the spot welds off. to take the outer cowl panel off to repair the area around the vent holes. My motor/tranny is in the car. You might have thought you went 2 steps forward and 1 step back, I went 2 steps forward but now going 4 steps back. Looking back, I should've done that area while I had the fenders off and before I put the motor in.

Glad to see you got those parts in. will be looking forward to seeing a lot of pictures during the install.

Don't feel bad, I got ya beat. At first I thought that I wasn't going to do my vent cowl fresh air vents because looking underneath it, it didn't look that bad and I was a little hesitant on tackling something like that. Then I starting seeing the other cars being redone here and thought I better check it more closely. YEP, I need to fix mine, so now I get to take my fenders back off and drill the spot welds off. to take the outer cowl panel off to repair the area around the vent holes. My motor/tranny is in the car. You might have thought you went 2 steps forward and 1 step back, I went 2 steps forward but now going 4 steps back. Looking back, I should've done that area while I had the fenders off and before I put the motor in.

Glad to see you got those parts in. will be looking forward to seeing a lot of pictures during the install.

I was wondering the same thing about my cowl. From underneath it looks great, but you're right that it may be a different story from up top. That's in the front of the vehicle and I'm not there yet so I'll just have to wait and see. As soon as the weather warms up, I'll fire up the garage and get back to work :buffer:with lots of pics coming. :)

My friend Ed had to fix his cowl (70RR) and warned me. i took a look inside with a dewalt inspection camera, looks good. :thumbsup:

Hey BB61, your doing a great job. I read through your build and I know your not there yet but when you are make sure your inner cowl is rust free and CLEAN. I thought my 69 charger was good till I blew out about a 5 gallon buckets worth of debris. It was amazing what was in there, but I got lucky rust wise and only needed to replace one inner vent collar. It's actually pretty easy to remove, but like everything spot welds are everywhere, I know how much fun they are. But keep up the great work I've enjoyed your build.

Awesome, bet your just chomping at the bit to start putting it together again. I feel for you guys without heat, Spring is coming and you should be all fresh and full of motivation.

Auto Transport Service
Back