• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet 440 project

Had a few days here in the "D" that were in the 50's. 50 on Tuesday, 6" of snow on Wednesday, Warmer on Thursday, and Today being in the 50's again. "So out the door I went", and into the garage to work on the Coronet. I started repairing the window corners. I got the dutchman panel, SGTPauled it in place (lots of vice grips) :) . Got the corners figured out, and welded the inner corners back where they are suppose to go. On the next warm day hopefully I'll be able to get the outer corner put back in. Until then, lots more studying and getting ready for finals.

Do the homework and reap the good of it and that big-block bad boy will fall in place John, I really do wish you well in those finals, the Coronet you've already showed you can handle that work! Good luck man!!! :)

Good to see you back at work and making progress again. We definitely needed the change in weather after that winter, it's been about the same here and I'm loving it. Good luck with your classes.

Today was a good day! I spent the entire day outside working on the Coronet. I got to tryout my new needle scaler on the undercoating and, man, I love this tool!!!! It took off 1/2 inch thick undercoating like butter and got the nooks and crannies clean with no problems. I continued to remove the floor from the car. and worked on fixing the rear window corners. No pics because I never thought to take any.......sorry.

Glad to hear the scaler worked out so well for you. I agree, great tool..especially for removing undercoating. Keep up the pace!

Hey who stole my floor!!!!!!!

I took pictures this time so I wouldn't get another angry mob LOL.

Removed_Floor01.jpg

Getting the corners free was a real pain in the A** :angryfire:

Removed_Floor02.JPG

Removed_Floor03.jpg

After doing some cleaning on the torsion bar mount, it looks really solid. There are no rust holes in this part of the car. It looks like I caught a break here. :hello2:

Removed_Floor04.JPG

Now comes the fun part of cleaning everything up and getting things ready for the new floor. If I wanted to put a rollbar in the car should I get it now before the floor goes in or does it not really matter?

I steped into the wilds of my back yard to find the elusive and thought to be extinct, son, in this father and son project.

Erik01.JPG

Look silently because this species spooks easy. :sideways tongue:
I had him removing the front suspension today so I can have more room when the time comes to install the new floor. Erik got most of the drivers side suspension off before he called it quits for the day. He refuses to use air tools. He did leave the undercoating for me to scrape off so that's what I did today. :)

Damn, that car really looks solid where it matters most. Wish mine would have been like that.
I have one of those same "species" as you floating around my house. 14 going on 25. Actually he's pretty good and will help out whenever I ask. Just wish he would show a little more ambition sometimes.

Damn, that car really looks solid where it matters most. Wish mine would have been like that.
I have one of those same "species" as you floating around my house. 14 going on 25. Actually he's pretty good and will help out whenever I ask. Just wish he would show a little more ambition sometimes.

Yup sounds just like mine except My boy is 19 going on 25. I was just talking about the ambition thing the other day. It's almost like boys today have no ambition, all they want to do is play video games. My daughter on the other hand cleans, holds down a job, pays her own way, and goes to school.

Can't believe how sturdy your frame and cross member looks.

Agreed, a very pleasant and welcome surprise. Cool seeing your boy out there digging in even if he does decide to pull a disappearing act on you later haha.

Can't believe how sturdy your frame and cross member looks.

Oh I know, I was planning on the worst when I started on the floor. I'm feeling good about the front frame.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, a very pleasant and welcome surprise. Cool seeing your boy out there digging in even if he does decide to pull a disappearing act on you later haha.

If I ask him to help he does but I do wish he would help out more on his own. He wants his own car now, it's down to a truck or a Dodge "A" body. I want to push him to learn more but it's a fine line to pushing too far and I'm still learning that line.

Hey John, I just read through most of your resto thread, awesome project and great welding and fab work, great job.

Your son reminds me of mine, he is 17 and also needs some serious motivation, he helps when I really need it but most of the time he is in the house when I am in the shop toiling away. Oh well, he is a great kid, just wished he had more of his own gumption - maybe we are just getting old?

Keep up the great work on your car - very nice, talk to you later.

John

I remember my dads motivation for me when I was a kid......a size 13 boot hehehehe.

Looking good. Pretty surprising on that crossmember. Pleasant surprise indeed.

Hey John, I just read through most of your resto thread, awesome project and great welding and fab work, great job.

Your son reminds me of mine, he is 17 and also needs some serious motivation, he helps when I really need it but most of the time he is in the house when I am in the shop toiling away. Oh well, he is a great kid, just wished he had more of his own gumption - maybe we are just getting old?

Keep up the great work on your car - very nice, talk to you later.

John

Hi John,

I wish my Coronet looked as good as yours when you first bought it, but mines getting there. I've said it before and I'll say it again, It's just one piece at a time. As for getting old..............HELLS NO!!!! lol Thanks for reading my thread and for the encouragement. This place really helps with that. As for my boy, I'm going with "Kids today they have no idea what real work is" I think that's how my dad said it.

L8tr,
John

- - - Updated - - -

I remember my dads motivation for me when I was a kid......a size 13 boot hehehehe.

Looking good. Pretty surprising on that crossmember. Pleasant surprise indeed.

hehehe sounds like we had matching fathers Prop. I've upgraded, I've got a size 15 boot haha. The only strange thing with the frame is I'm finding sand packed in all the spaces. It's almost like this car was under water or something, It did come from Louisiana.

- - - Updated - - -

I just figured out why the forum looks different today. I've been upgraded to Gold Member status. An Easter present from my daughter. She told me tonight that she did it a few days ago. She must want something! LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back