• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet 440 project

The weather here has been cooperating with some really nice days, so because of that the Coronet is looking a little less like a car now. I still have to clean up the edges on this side and then remove the other quarter skin. Once the quarters are off I'll remove the front cowl. When all of that is done there's just some small mechanical and trim to remove then off to the media blaster.

L_QuarterRemoval01.jpg

When I peeled back the quarter metal the outer rocker looks to be in good shape. I hope the other side looks as good.

L_QuarterRemoval02.jpg

L_QuarterRemoval03.jpg

The floor is getting closer to going in, hopefully that will be the second thing once it comes back. The first thing being primer.

Floor01.jpg

john that car looks like it is setting at one of the best restoration shops in the country,you are doing a better job than most of them could do,plus you do not have to pay them for labor,you are skilled enough to save your self a lot of money and with all that self satisfaction you are getting from working on it your self when you are finished you should be one proud young man,and all the people on this board will be proud as well.

Agreed, looking really good. Your test fit looks really good with the floor and I imagine things will take off once primer starts going on. Keep it up

john that car looks like it is setting at one of the best restoration shops in the country,you are doing a better job than most of them could do,plus you do not have to pay them for labor,you are skilled enough to save your self a lot of money and with all that self satisfaction you are getting from working on it your self when you are finished you should be one proud young man,and all the people on this board will be proud as well.

Yea but there are times where it would be nice to just send it in and let someone else do it. Yea like I'd let that would happen!

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine things will take off once primer starts going on. Keep it up

That's what I'm hoping for.

Right on! Cool to see you so close to media blasting John!! x2 on what 747 said, once it's back from blasting and in primer I bet you'll be on the warpath zapping all the new sheetmetal on :icon_thumleft:

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGH!!! One step forward and two back. I just found out yours truly got laid off again. The hospital ran out of money for the projects and I'm at the bottom of the pole. As soon as they get more funding they will bring me back but who knows when that will be. As usual all big purchases for the Coronet are on the back burner for awhile but I should have enough to keep me busy. Oh well forge ahead.

time and mony must live on paralell streets cause they sure never meet!

Sorry to hear about the work situation,lots of clean up to do and fitting panels. Hopefully by then you'll be back! Lookin' real good on the build,and your doing a better job than most shops I would guess!

Really sucks to hear that John. Hopefully you'll find something soon.

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGH!!! One step forward and two back. I just found out yours truly got laid off again. The hospital ran out of money for the projects and I'm at the bottom of the pole. As soon as they get more funding they will bring me back but who knows when that will be. As usual all big purchases for the Coronet are on the back burner for awhile but I should have enough to keep me busy. Oh well forge ahead.

Im sorry to hear of the job problem but as you said, you should have enough to keep ya busy... Catch up on things that will need to be done anyway and call it a done deal with smaller "need to be done" stuff! All my best to you and the family John!!! :)

Thanks guys it does suck to not be working but at least I have a lot to do to the Coronet. I guess I'm going to have to start budgeting for this every year because I have a feeling that it will probably be an annual thing. When it happened about this time last year I considered it a fluke. Now that it happened again I see a pattern forming so next year I'd better be prepared for it.

I've got to get my camera outside and start snapping pics because I have the other side tore apart and am going to start sand blasting the remaining rust. Never give up, never surrender. Do whatever it takes to make this car happen! Ok now where's my Twisted Sister CD for motivation.

Today was a good day, I media blasted the inner window panel on the right side. I finally got the mixture just right, it's 50% silica and 50% iron oxide. In laymens terms that's equals start with a 50 pound bag of play sand from the hardware store. Blast the frame and all the rust on the car. Sweep up the mess and strain mixture through an old screen from the basement and keep blasting. Repeat until you have enough rust and metal shavings from all the grinding that it's now 50/50. What can I say...... I'm a cheep bastage. It did come out good though. I got is blasted, primered, and started fitting the new striker panel.

Attachments

• Quarter_R_Front01.jpg
    Quarter_R_Front01.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 286
  • Quarter_R_Front02.jpg
    Quarter_R_Front02.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 286
  • Quarter_R_Front03.jpg
    Quarter_R_Front03.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 283
  • Quarter_R_Front04.jpg
    Quarter_R_Front04.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 280
  • Quarter_R_Front05.jpg
    Quarter_R_Front05.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 285
Whatever it takes bud! It sure does look like it worked to perfection! Looks like new...

Auto Transport Service
Back